"By this love you have for one another, everyone will know that you are my disciples": Christian Prayer Thread for April

(810 Posts)
Tuo Sat 13-Apr-13 23:35:18

I thought it was about time we started a new thread, seeing as the previous one now has over 600 posts, making it difficult for some people to load it and navigate around it. I used the quote from John 13. 15 that I posted on the previous thread on Maundy Thursday, because I think it sums up what this thread - and this group of people - is all about.

We pray particularly at this time for RoomForALittleOne: that her baby hang on where s/he is for as long as possible and continue to grow in size and strength, and that Room stay well and as pain- and stress-free as possible. Prayers, too, for the medical team looking after them both at this worrying time.

We pray also for:
amberlight ? for her work raising awareness of ASDs, and for her friends who have cancer;
BabyBeatrice and her family ? for continued healing and with thanks for recent good news;
BlackEyedSusan ? for strength to cope with all the many things on her plate, for health for her mum, and for happier times at school for her DD and DS;
BlueTinkerbell ? for work possibilities and for her vocation;
charlottecollinsislost ? for a peaceful holiday, despite the circumstances, and for as pain- and recrimination-free a separation as possible for the sake of all concerned;
Dontsteponthemomeraths ? for her as she dips her toe back in the 'dating pond'; for her ?LM? as he tries to establish contact with his children; for her brother to regain full use of his thumb, following an accident;
DutchOma and Bob ? for health for Bob, and for Oma to feel supported as she cares for him day-to-day; also for Oma's planned trip to Holland;
GingerCurl ? for the successful and (relatively) stress-free completion of her thesis;
HavingALittleFaithBaby ? for as easy a time as is possible during these last days and weeks of her pregnancy;
jann2013 ? for strength for her following the break-up of her marriage, and for her dd who has badly broken her arm;
Kaykat ? for her and her DS to know peace and happiness as they emerge from an abusive relationship, and for the legal issues to be sorted out quickly so that they can get back into their own home;
MadHairDay - for strength as she lives with chronic illness and for the Spring to bring her better health;
MaryBS - for peace and happiness following a difficult situation at Scouts with her DS;
PositiveAttitude ? for her mission overseas and for her family both over there and back here, especially her DD1;
...and for all who post on this thread, for those who lurk, for occasional visitors, and for those known to us who are in need of prayer, whether mentioned here or not.

Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers.

amberlight Tue 02-Jul-13 19:02:44

Still reading and praying...

Kaykat Tue 02-Jul-13 21:51:45

Thanks for your prayers. Due to some extremely unusual circumstances at work I have a bit more time to do the difficult task. Actually such unusual circumstances it has never happened before. With the weekend to think about it I have a clear head about what I need to do. Still missing some vital information but will try to get that tomorrow.

Mome, poor you it's so horrible to work with unpleasant people. Over the years I can think of four extremely unpleasant people I had to work with. Every one of them was eventually held accountable for their behaviour and lost their jobs but it did take a long time and I had to work with each of them for several years. During that time I often prayed for them to be blessed and also for myself to be free of them. In all four cases that freedom came in a very surprising way, not in a way I could have guessed at all.

Right now I am frustrated and fed up and homesick. He is so slippery I don't think I will ever get back home. I do so wish everyone would speed up a bit, he is getting everything his own way with all these delays.

Yes, I need to pray for her don't I?

I think I'm not good at hiding my irritation at times blush Need to work on that and kill her with kindness as PA said grin but in a nicer way.

Just watched an awful documentary after seeing a thread on mn. Yuck. I couldn't switch it off though.

HadALittleFaithBaby Wed 03-Jul-13 08:11:14

Morning all. Reading and praying.

kay sounds like God is intervening! Praying the info becomes apparent.

Mome into your work situation.

nes praying for Wisdom, strength and time management.

Please pray for my friend Katie and her DO Maryin. Today marks the birthday/anniversary of their DD being born asleep.

Not even in work yet and I'm crying.

DS teacher dragged him off me and into the classroom, he broke down into tears and it was so upsetting. He would have gone in in his own time without manhandling. He hates going into his class, he just needed a moment. He was hiding behind me. She's obviously having a bad day but I really felt she shouldn't have done that sad

Then as she grabbed him she said to me 'I think it's best you just go'. I'm now wishing I'd said something. I'm supposed to defend him as his Mum but I froze as it was happening.

praying mome not a nice thing to do of the teacher!

I could do with some prayers, last few days of work and feeling rather stressed about it all.
Church communication is rubbish, they have scheduled a meeting tonight which clashes with confirmation preparation, so won't be able to go. I normally do a report of the youth work at the meeting, which I haven't prepared.

Dutchoma Wed 03-Jul-13 16:35:49

Praying for Blue and Kay. God is very surprising, good when you can see it.
Praying for Mome and ds too. Where are you with getting extra help for and with him? Praying for your work situation too and for sleep tonight.

Baby Hannah Faith was born in the pool at 12:25 weighing just over 9lb 13oz! I'm exhausted so I'll post more later. Thank-you for all the prayers and putting up with my whinging!

Yay room what a pretty name wink congratulations! smile

amberlight Wed 03-Jul-13 17:47:44

Congratulations!!!! thanks

HadALittleFaithBaby Wed 03-Jul-13 17:48:34

Congratulations Room! Sounds like a positive birth? You're not pregnant anymore! grin love the name

Shoulders were interesting but midwife stayed calm and helped me get her out just as the midwife thought she would have to call the emergency buzzer. All's well that ends well!

BlackeyedSusan Wed 03-Jul-13 17:56:54

congratulations, and welcome hannah faith. ell done room. finally,fully cooked and an end to those pesky contractions.

Tuo Wed 03-Jul-13 18:05:54

Many many congratulations, Room. Prayers for rest for you and for the happiest of lives for Hannah Faith. Also praying that you now start to feel better after such a tough pregnancy... you have really not whinged, you know, but even if you had done so, it would have been more than justified in the circs.

Praying for you and your DS, Mome. That sounds horrible, and the teacher should definitely not have dragged him off you in that way. Poor little chap. And poor you... I hope he was OK once he settled down for the day. Also praying for your work situation.

Praying for your work, Blue and for yours Kay, and also praying that the legal situation is resolved soon and that those with the power to decide are able to see through your H's lies.

Hello amber - I hope you are OK?

Please can I ask for prayers for the cathedral that I attend. On Monday, Synod will vote on a proposal to dissolve the diocese and amalgamate it with two others. The other two dioceses voted in favour of the change; we voted against; it's now up to Synod to decide. I'm not against change per se, but this is already a huge diocese and it is set to become unworkably massive if this change goes through. The work that the cathedral is able to do for the local (immediately, in the city, and beyond, in the broader diocese) community is really amazing, and with some of the changes that the cathedral has been through in the last 12-18 months the Dean's vision of us reaching out to a community that is, in many ways, struggling with issues of deprivation, unemployment, immigration, and the rest, has started to be realised. It's not that the cathedral needs to be a cathedral for some sort of prestige reason; it's the work that that status enables it to do... I've probably made it clear, from that, where I am in the country, but I have come to feel strongly about this so I decided to post it anyway. I pray that Synod makes the right decision for the diocese and its people, and that, if that decision isn't the one that we're hoping for (and it kind of looks as if the odds are stacked against it somewhat), the cathedral's congregation and whatever staff is left will find ways of continuing the good work that has been started by the Dean and his team. Thank you!

madhairday Wed 03-Jul-13 19:34:19

Room, so many congratulations! thanks gorgeous name.

tuo, ouch, certainly praying, that does sound difficult sad Our diocese is huge too so I know it certainly would be complicated if it was huger! your cathedral does so much good work, I do hope this is recognised and taken into account for whatever changes are taking place. The c of e is having to make so many changes atm, for the worse imo - amalgamating parishes, dioceses (dioci?!) and stretching clergy ever further until they will simply snap. sad

Been on a team away day, feel very encouraged and positive about what we are doing here, which is good as it's been a tough, tough year with lots of disappointment and all sorts of issues. Feels like the sun is breaking through...we went back to our old town, to a House of Prayer there and it was just lovely - the moment I walked in I could sense God's presence in this amazing way - have been missing that here, it's hard to get through. I guess a place soaked in prayer does that! So a good day.

Kaykat Wed 03-Jul-13 21:12:47

Congratulations Room, 9lbs 13!! Well done. Prayers for many blessings for Hannah Faith.

Wow congratulations Room! That's a healthy size <winces> My boy was 9lbs 8 and I thought that was big. Such wonderful news. I bet you feel fabulous!

Hope you didn't tear or anything with the stuck shoulder. I'd love to see a pic.

Meeting went well with head teacher I think. We're going to see a family support worker who can help her and give school/ me tips. They're not keen on paying for play therapy as a school, but that's what she needs imo. But they said if the fsw advised it they'll do it. So can you pray, I can't afford it and I know it's a VA school and money is tight but she'd really benefit from it as her issues is regulating her emotions in stressful situations. Play therapy would be a great outlet and would teach her lots of tools to help her. It would be worth the schools investment.

As for my boy, follow up meeting with community paed in Aug. Had initial developmental assessment report through but there's plenty more stuff to do. He has a meeting with a salt and hearing test on the horizon too. So early days there.

Congratulations Room thanks Well done and welcome Hannah Faith to your family.

Tuo Prayers for your cathedral situation. It sounds really tough. I am convinced church politics is the quickest way to hurt the most people and cause the most trouble in any church!

DD1 has a job interview on Saturday!! Wooooo!! Please pray that it goes well and that she gets the job, or another if not this one. A little up and down here with her still, but generally heading in the right direction I think.

x-posted mome - all sounds like steps in the right direction for you. Well done!!

cloutiedumpling Thu 04-Jul-13 16:33:58

Room - congratulations! What a beautiful name (we had decided we would call DS2 Hannah if he'd been a girl).

PA - the wedding sounds fantastic. Congrats on 25 years. It sounds as though they've been happy and busy years.

Mome - hold on in there. It sounds tough. The chances are that many other people at work also dislike this colleague, but aren't strong enough to stand up to her incase they end up being bullied instead.

BES - good luck with all the appointments

Praying too for all regulars and visitors to this thread.

BlackeyedSusan Fri 05-Jul-13 07:48:00

ds is going on a school trip. I better get full set of armour for hometime.

Dutchoma Fri 05-Jul-13 10:04:14

Against ds or his teachers, BES?

BlackeyedSusan Fri 05-Jul-13 10:45:34

ds. he will be wound up by the change of routine.

BlackeyedSusan Fri 05-Jul-13 14:56:08

here we go then. once more unto the breech (or whatever it is) [fick emotion]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now