Possibly a bit woo. A thread about dreams

(54 Posts)
Oopla Sat 02-Mar-13 20:46:30

I haven't seen a section so posted here. Come and talk about your dreams. Do you remember them when you wake, are they running along a particular theme?

Do you look up their meaning? Are they surreal or quite mundane.

Tell us about them grin

peeriebear Sat 23-Mar-13 13:13:23

Both times when I've been seriously broody (ttc DD2, then 6yrs later DS) I dreamed constantly of fat happy goldfish in clear sunlit ponds. Loads of ponds in a grassy garden, all healthy with bright green plants and clear water so the sun shone right to the bottom. Lots of bright orange fishies smile The dreams always made me very happy and relaxed.

marissab Sat 23-Mar-13 21:58:50

I had recurring themes in my dreams as a teenager. I could always fly. Not fly fly, but kinda float to tge bottom of tge stairs or lift my legs up and float along the ground for a short while. Nowadays my dreams are often in the guise of a computer game type situation. I am jumping over things etc. Since i did reiki level 2 though i have more vivid dreams that i can actually remember. Some with scary faces etc.

SingingSands Sat 23-Mar-13 22:14:19

I dream about the same person a lot, someone I loved quite deeply a long time ago. We never got together in real life, it almost happened ... in my dreams we can be together and it is romantic and exhilarating. Over the past 2 years our dream "relationship" started changing - we would be arguing, or not as loving to each other. The dreams are becoming less frequent now, but occasionally I dream of him and it's nice, we're friends not lovers.

Weird,as I have been with DH for 16 years, that I'm still dreaming of someone I loved so long ago!

paperclips Tue 26-Mar-13 21:54:38

F**kwittery- yes I always dream about my childhood home, it's the default setting for my dreams. And my secondary school. I also frequently dream about the house I lived in as a student, in particular that i'm moving back there, even though I've lived in many places since. I never dream about my current home.

I also dream about exes, and about old friends and relatives I've not seen in years. I dream about people who are no longer in my life more than people who are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now