Help me understand why you pray

(31 Posts)
DiamondStuds Mon 11-Feb-13 09:52:57

I have been a Christian for over 20yrs and like many, my prayer life has had moments of feast and famine. I have been struggling though for many months.
I can't understand any more what the point of asking for things is. I understand that's not the only type of prayer and see plenty of need to say sorry and thank you but does asking for things really make a difference? I mean things like healing, the children wanting to come to church, relationships, work situations and so on.
God has a plan so why would this make a difference? He knows our desires so would he not want to grant them anyway?
Someone told me once that praying helps us to become more in tune with God's plan. Therefore me asking for something doesn't make it any more likely.

Can anyone help me resolve this?

HellesBelles396 Wed 20-Feb-13 10:59:01

It is, indeed, the new, ultra-cool word my phone uses instead of images!!

jaynebxl Wed 20-Feb-13 16:52:52

One day it might make it into the dictionary! My MIL now always signs her texts to DH nun since predictive text kept changing her typing of mum to nun anyway!

Hellesbelles ha ha - amagea - I googled it with dictionary on line and it came up with picture dictionary sites, how cool is that.

I also put amagea into many languages on Google translate. I was a bit insomniac last night!

Did you want to know what amagea in Romanian is in English, Hellesbelles - delusion!

HellesBelles396 Wed 20-Feb-13 21:43:50

oh dear!

I thought it was amazing, to find a meaning in Romania for a typo in English!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now