New Christian Prayer Thread for February...

(607 Posts)
Tuo Mon 04-Feb-13 20:32:02

Is it too early to call this the ‘early Spring’ thread? Wishful thinking? wink

Praying at this time especially for:
amberlight – for strength to cope with those who would campaign against those with ASDs; and, in contrast, giving thanks for her work in raising awareness of the needs of people with autism;
BabyBeatrice and her family – for healing and fortitude as they deal with Beatrice’s illness;
BlackEyedSusan – for health and strength for her; for an easier time at school for her children; and for her mum to feel more settled;
BlueTinkerbell – giving thanks for her baby DD; and praying for her as she explores her vocation;
charlottecollinsislost – for her to know more certainty in her difficult relationship situation;
DoctorAnge – for health for her little girl;
Dontsteponthemomeraths – for her DS as he is referred to the community paediatrician; for her ‘LM’ as he tries to establish contact with his children; for her brother to regain full use of his thumb, following an accident;
DutchOma and Bob – for health for Bob and for him to feel at ease in his new ; and for Oma to feel supported as she cares for him day-to-day;
FlatsInDagenham – for the family and friends of her colleague, who died recently; for her SIL who has cancer; and for her brother and their family;
GingerCurl – for the successful and (relatively) stress-free completion of her thesis;
HaveALittleFaith – for health and happiness as she nears the end of her pregnancy;
jann2013 – for her health; for an easier relationship with her ex; and for her to feel accepted at her church following the break-up of her relationship;
Kaykat – for her and her DS to know peace and happiness as they emerge from an abusive relationship;
MadHairDay - for her continued good health; and for her whole family and their mission, that they will find the resources (financial, practical, spiritual, whatever) that they need to grow and flourish;
PositiveAttitude – for her mission overseas; and especially for her DD1 who has been going through some tough times and may soon be spending some time abroad with her parents; for happiness for the whole Attitude family; also for PA’s mum who has Alzheimer’s; and prayers of thanks for the birth of PA’s baby great-nephew;
raininginbaltimore – for healing for her broken foot; for health for her baby girl who has terrible reflux; and for her financial situation to improve;
Roomforalittleone - for her hyperemesis to ease and for her house sale to go through smoothly, easing her family’s financial anxieties;
Teahouse – for healing following her TVT operation;
waitingtobeamummy – for her to feel closer to God following a series of difficult situations, and in the meantime for her to feel our prayers supporting her;
...and for all who post on this thread, for those who lurk, for occasional visitors, and for those known to us who are in need of prayer, whether mentioned here or not.

Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers.

thegreatestMadHairDayinhistory Sun 31-Mar-13 12:43:46

Just posting these lyrics we sang this morning...

See, what a morning, gloriously bright,
With the dawning of hope in Jerusalem;
Folded the grave-clothes, tomb filled with light,
As the angels announce, "Christ is risen!"
See God's salvation plan,
Wrought in love, borne in pain, paid in sacrifice,
Fulfilled in Christ, the Man,
For He lives: Christ is risen from the dead!

Alleluia!

Praying for Mary and that woman, and praying for Faith and her dh that they can find their way back to that peace and full of faith-ness.

amberlight Sun 31-Mar-13 15:50:22

Easter greetings to all, and much prayer for everyone.

Happy Easter everyone! He is risen indeed!

Being very grateful of new life this year, after being pregnant for 2 years in a row at Easter, this year finally holding my precious baby.

Tuo Mon 01-Apr-13 00:40:14

Alleluia! Alleluia!

Praying tonight for Mary to feel more supported, for health for MHD and Bob, for all who are on their own at this time, for all in difficult relationships, for those who are pregnant and those with small babies, for those looking forward to - and those dreading - the school holidays...

I'm going to be away for a couple of weeks, but will be thinking of you all.

Take care, and God bless....

Hello Lovely Ladies! I'm having (yet another!) attempt at coming off of my anti-sickness drugs today and so far so good.... DS is day one of potty training and again, so far so good. I'd really appreciate prayers that this continues to be the start of something (both the end of hyperemesis and the start of no nappies for DS!) smile Neither concern is big or important but it would be a huge help to me if it worked out.

Dutchoma Mon 01-Apr-13 14:42:34

Littleone thank God that no problem is ever too big or too small for God and that we can add two more different prayer requests to the variety on this thread.

Oh dear. MIL is here and totally annoying me. She has assumed that she is staying for tea. We do not have food in for her - she has invited herself. DH will not talk to her as he doesn't want conflict with her. It's fine to put me out though...

<Deep breath>

<Prays for a respectful attitude toward MIL and DH>

<Still feels annoyed>

Dutchoma Mon 01-Apr-13 17:13:11

Get her to make pancakes Littleone

Kaykat Mon 01-Apr-13 17:43:05

Happy Easter. Had another tough week, I think I cried every day at some point but not today so far. SIL is lovely and supportive she sits and talks to me until I stop crying. I just think if I could get a quicker response from the solicitor or indeed any response, I would feel better. So prayers for that this coming week very much appreciated. On a more positive note people keep commenting how happy DS is now and how much more respect he has for me and I have noticed he is often quite huggy so this is turning out well for him and worth it all for that reason alone.

I'd have said the cupboards are bare as we need to do a shop, if you want to stay for tea we do not have enough. She may have offered to buy a take away wink

I'm learning to be more assertive though.

Hope it all worked out ok x

MaryBS Mon 01-Apr-13 19:40:54

We've now quit Scouts. Please pray there is no backlash from some of the fallout.

Oh Mary I hope you didn't quit Scouts because of the lady who snubbed you. It all sounds horrid, especially after you crying on her shoulder.

Kaykat wish I could say something to help you feel better. You're on my mind a lot at the moment, it's a very hard situation and once you come out the other side you will never have to face something as hard as this again. All you can do is take each day as it comes and put one foot in front of the other but it's so hard as there is no specific end in sight as yet. Wish I could give you a squeeze x

MaryBS Tue 02-Apr-13 08:40:06

Prayers Kaykat...

No, it wasn't over the lady who snubbed me, but part of an ongoing problem where no consideration was given to DS regarding his Aspergers, and which came to a head a couple of weeks ago. Feel quite low this morning.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 02-Apr-13 08:52:28

That's a shame Mary. Praying for your mood to be lifted.

kay I'm sorry you're still struggling - praying for a breakthrough with the solicitors this week. It's great that your DS is happier and your relationship is improving - it's so important to hold that at the forefront of your mind and remember this whenever you're struggling - it is the best thing for him.

Room we had SIL to stay recently which was ok but I'm now refusing any more visitors because its just too tough! I hope your MIL leaves you in peace soon.

I am 37 weeks today so full term (yay!). Can't quite believe it! I'd really appreciate prayer because my friend's baby was still born at 37 weeks and this is playing on my mind a lot more than I'm comfortable with. DH and I have prayed we'll trust in The Lord for the pregnancy and birth but if you could throw some up too, that would be great smile

thegreatestMadHairDayinhistory Tue 02-Apr-13 09:54:18

Certainly praying, Faith - you're very near now smile

Prayed as I read through - for Kay, for Room, for Tuo, for Mary and her ds, for Mome, Bes, DO and everyone else.

I'm off to the paretns for a few days, so won't be on much. love to all.

Congratulations on getting to 37 weeks, Faith! It must feel good that you have managed to get Baby to the 'fully cooked' stage. Prayers for peace and confidence winging their way for you. Enjoy the last few days of relative peace and quiet before you spend hours wishing that your baby would sleep and then not being able to take your eyes off of your gorgeous bundle when he/she does sleep smile

Dutchoma Tue 02-Apr-13 14:22:12

Praying for peace for Kaykat and Faith. And for Mary.
I had a FB message from PA who is doing well at the moment, feels more at peace with the work she is doing and who had a message from dd1 to say that she felt her life was more on track now.
She can't get on the thread much as it is over 500 messages long, but is working on it.

YAY!! just changed my settings, so hopefully I will be able to keep up with you all a bit more.

Off to have a read through of the last page.....not sure I dare go any further as internet is really rubbish.....

Dutchoma Tue 02-Apr-13 14:30:10

Well done PA.

MaryBS Wed 03-Apr-13 08:09:15

Dentist visit today, routine appointments. Had a really bad night's sleep. Feeling really low.

amberlight Wed 03-Apr-13 10:03:08

Prayers aplenty for each of you.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 03-Apr-13 10:21:32

Prayers for energy Mary.

I feel a lot better this morning. More resounding kicks and I found the heart beat on a Doppler app. Trusting in God for the remainder of the pregnancy. Off to see a friend from church (who is pregnant too!) in a minute smile

Blessings to you all.

Just popping by to say thank-you for prayers and let you know that DH has been allocated a new placement. We don't have much info about the church (well four churches actually) but we are expecting it to be extremely different. The church we have to leave is in the red light district, the new placement is in lamb-frolicking, bell ringing, BCP services, posh village territory. I am not sure which one is further removed from what we're used to. That's a challenge that we particularly enjoy though so... bring it on!

Dutchoma Fri 05-Apr-13 10:42:09

That sounds wonderful Littleone.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Fri 05-Apr-13 12:11:23

Sounds brilliant Little and a real answer to prayer smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now