New Christian Prayer Thread for February...

(607 Posts)
Tuo Mon 04-Feb-13 20:32:02

Is it too early to call this the ‘early Spring’ thread? Wishful thinking? wink

Praying at this time especially for:
amberlight – for strength to cope with those who would campaign against those with ASDs; and, in contrast, giving thanks for her work in raising awareness of the needs of people with autism;
BabyBeatrice and her family – for healing and fortitude as they deal with Beatrice’s illness;
BlackEyedSusan – for health and strength for her; for an easier time at school for her children; and for her mum to feel more settled;
BlueTinkerbell – giving thanks for her baby DD; and praying for her as she explores her vocation;
charlottecollinsislost – for her to know more certainty in her difficult relationship situation;
DoctorAnge – for health for her little girl;
Dontsteponthemomeraths – for her DS as he is referred to the community paediatrician; for her ‘LM’ as he tries to establish contact with his children; for her brother to regain full use of his thumb, following an accident;
DutchOma and Bob – for health for Bob and for him to feel at ease in his new ; and for Oma to feel supported as she cares for him day-to-day;
FlatsInDagenham – for the family and friends of her colleague, who died recently; for her SIL who has cancer; and for her brother and their family;
GingerCurl – for the successful and (relatively) stress-free completion of her thesis;
HaveALittleFaith – for health and happiness as she nears the end of her pregnancy;
jann2013 – for her health; for an easier relationship with her ex; and for her to feel accepted at her church following the break-up of her relationship;
Kaykat – for her and her DS to know peace and happiness as they emerge from an abusive relationship;
MadHairDay - for her continued good health; and for her whole family and their mission, that they will find the resources (financial, practical, spiritual, whatever) that they need to grow and flourish;
PositiveAttitude – for her mission overseas; and especially for her DD1 who has been going through some tough times and may soon be spending some time abroad with her parents; for happiness for the whole Attitude family; also for PA’s mum who has Alzheimer’s; and prayers of thanks for the birth of PA’s baby great-nephew;
raininginbaltimore – for healing for her broken foot; for health for her baby girl who has terrible reflux; and for her financial situation to improve;
Roomforalittleone - for her hyperemesis to ease and for her house sale to go through smoothly, easing her family’s financial anxieties;
Teahouse – for healing following her TVT operation;
waitingtobeamummy – for her to feel closer to God following a series of difficult situations, and in the meantime for her to feel our prayers supporting her;
...and for all who post on this thread, for those who lurk, for occasional visitors, and for those known to us who are in need of prayer, whether mentioned here or not.

Lord, in Your mercy, hear our prayers.

Can I have prayers for my sister, she told me today she's suffering from postnatal depression. sad wish she would have told me earlier.
I was trying to give her some well meant advice about baby carrying which didn't go down well.

Dutchoma Sat 02-Mar-13 21:57:51

She is quite a long way away form you isn't she Blue And her baby is a little bit older than your dd?

Yes she's in Belgium, her little boy is just over 7 months.
We're going over in April for his baptism as I'm his godmother.

Dutchoma Sun 03-Mar-13 11:05:20

Oh how lovely. Prayers she will feel better by that time.

Tuo Sun 03-Mar-13 23:14:35

Hello all. I missed church this morning, as I had my parents staying and poor dd2 was exhausted after her birthday sleepover got a bit out of hand, and no-one got much sleep at all... I have really missed it, though. Can't believe how much a part of my life it has become in just a couple of years!

Making up for my absence this morning with a little prayer round-up:

Prayers then...
...for Blue's sister to get the help she needs to feel better soon; also continuing to pray for your grandfather, Blue; and for you, as you follow God's call;
... for MHD to recover well from her operation with no nasty side-effects;
... for Kay to be back in her home soon, and for her H to behave reasonably --for once--; above all, for Kay to know happiness in her life;
... for PA's dd to recover her luggage, and all her precious possessions;
... thanking God for Mary's DS's school admission decision (talking of which, we still don't know about DD2's because DH forgot to make a note of his login details when he did the application, so we can't get into the system and have to wait for the postman [drums fingers nervously]);
... thanking God, too, for the fact that Beatrice was well enough to have her operation and for the skill of the medical staff who've been looking after her; praying for her family at this difficult time; and praying for a full and swift recovery from this operation;
... for Faith to stay well in these last weeks of her pregnancy, and to remember to take it easy;
... and for those who haven't posted requests recently, but are still in our prayers... BES, jan, Oma and Bob, Room, CharlotteCollins, Momey, amber and anyone else I've forgotten.

Praying for a safe journey home tomorrow for my parents: it's a drive of nearly 400 miles and my dad is nearly 80 (though fit as a fiddle, for which thank God, too). And thanking God for a lovely weekend with my family, which has made me appreciate each and every one of them more than ever. Also thanking God for the chance to meet up on Friday with a friend who'd been 'virtual' till then: it was wonderful and inspiring to make that friendship 'real'.

I'm reading the Tom Wright 'Luke for Lent' book atm, and on the Sundays he leaves Luke and writes about a psalm - today, Psalm 63. I can't do better than to end with these words.

For you have been my help
and in the shadow of your wings I sing for joy.
My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.

Morning All. Can I ask for prayers for my morning sickness please? I'm 21 weeks now and today is day four of trying to not take any medication. I haven't been sick yet but continually feel like I'm going to be. I know it's loads better than when I was vomiting everything all the time but I'm finding it very wearing. I'd love to remember how it feels to not feel sick.

blackeyedsusan Mon 04-Mar-13 07:48:11

oh. feeling sick all the time is grim.

i have cough and have been awake in the night with it. tis very annoying.

blackeyedsusan Mon 04-Mar-13 10:55:04

yay. books have come! I was not properly dressed. blush but on the other hand, I no do not have to maake a phone call to the company to find out hat is happening.

Dutchoma Mon 04-Mar-13 12:39:25

Dd will be happy!

Just had a wonderful time with Cupofteapease. A real blessing.

Praise The Lord, DH is getting DD1 from school so I can stay in my pyjamas and have a nap. Sickness today is not good at all. I'm off to GP tomorrow. Please pray for wisdom and the right decisions to be made.

Prayers for you room - I remember it well!! Have you tired the travel sickness bands? They were what kept me sane and able to function a little better.

Still no sign of DD2s luggage. sad

Could you please pray that our finances will stretch to a new laptop as ours has broken totally, so I am using a very old one which is just terrible and there is no way i can do my work on it. Can't describe why things have gone all wrong with them both because by the time I do this laptop will have given up for the night, so can only do short messages. I so need a laptop though, to keep in touch with my girls back home. Please God provide finances for a new one! Or for a good fix for one of these defective ones. Thank you

blackeyedsusan Mon 04-Mar-13 20:32:28

praying for a lap top.

amberlight Mon 04-Mar-13 22:03:54

you can tell when you've been absent too much when you aren't on the prayer lists. Apols for that. I pray, as ever

Tuo Mon 04-Mar-13 23:10:10

Hey, amber - I name-checked you last night! smile Hope all is well with you. How is your DS now? (I may have missed an update on this, as was away quite a lot in the last couple of weeks.)

Room - still feeling continually sick at 21 weeks is grim. Praying you'll feel better soon and that the GP will be helpful.

BES - praying for your cough to feel better and for you to get a decent night's sleep.

PA - praying for a laptop so you can keep in touch with your family.

Oma - glad you had a good day, and love to Cupofteaplease.

Thanking God tonight that DD2 got into our first choice secondary school - the same one that DD1 attends. Thought we'd be OK because of the sibling rule, but it's not our catchment area school, so there's always a vague chance it'll go pear-shaped. Anyway, thankfully it didn't. Also thanks that my parents got home safely.

Prayers have been answered. DD2 has her luggage back after it has travelled the world, literally, for 3 weeks!!!

HavingALittleFaithBaby Tue 05-Mar-13 10:59:25

Ah wonderful news PA! smile

MadHairDay Tue 05-Mar-13 11:06:19

That's good news PA! Praying for a new laptop/finances for one/fixes for present ones!

TUO, praise God for answered prayer about secondary school place, remember well the nerves this time last year.

Kaykat, praying hard for you, how are you today?

Can I ask for prayer for me and dh, we are doing a month long initiative here and need lots of prayer and protection, there is a lot of attack going on...means it's the right thing, of course, but it's hard nonetheless, especially when the attack is on the dc sad

Interesting time at GP this morning. I'm back on the anti-sickness tablets and I had glucose in my urine (again) so I'm off for a glucose tolerance test next Wednesday...

Sorry! Posted without refreshing screen first.

Yay! For luggage turning up PA. Does it have to be a laptop or would a smartphone or tablet suffice?

MHD I know that joy of DC's being under attack all too well. Sounds like you're onto a good thing if the devil is lashing out. Stick with it. God is so much stronger than the devil and will not forsake you.

blackeyedsusan Tue 05-Mar-13 14:54:07

prayed mhd.

yay for luggage.

yay for cough medicine too.

Where is everybody?

blackeyedsusan Wed 06-Mar-13 23:54:39

here. pretending not to be up late at all.

i ran out of deodorant... perhaps the dug out with a fingernail and smeared on wwas not as effective as one hoped! <sniffs> blush

I have been to tesco, it will be safe for people to return now!

night all!

Tuo Thu 07-Mar-13 00:17:22

Oh dear, BES, that made me laugh. Been there, done that! smile

Hooray for luggage returned, PA. What a relief for your dd.

Room - are you feeling better now you're back on the meds? Praying for no more sickness and no diabetes either.

Wonder how Faith is? Hope she's taking it easy and not rushing around too much at work.

Praying for your and your dh's work, MHD, and for the whole family. How are you feeling now after your op?

corblimeymadam Thu 07-Mar-13 00:22:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tuo Thu 07-Mar-13 01:25:28

Praying, belgianbun. May God grant you strength to cope with your difficulties, health, resilience, and, as you come through these tough times, happiness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now