UnlikelyAmazonian's DS is gravely ill

(507 Posts)

Please pray for UA's son,4yo ,who has just been diagnosed with Leukaemia and is on his way to Bristol Children's Hospital this evening.
UA is currently banned from MN after an altercation on Relationships,but she has continued lurking and really misses the support which helped keep her strong for her DS since her very abusive xh disappeared 4 years ago.
She is a very dear friend of mine and her DS is her entire life.She is absolutely devastated and has no family.

HeathRobinson Thu 17-May-12 20:43:40

So sorry to hear this.

Best wishes to UA and her son.

Will send positive thoughts and prayers. We are not far if she needs anything.

ThatVikRinA22 Thu 17-May-12 20:47:58

i wondered where she was, and im very sorry to hear that her son is so ill. The poor love, she must be devastated. She and her little boy will be in my thoughts.

How long is the ban for? she sounds like she could do with some support, people have tiffs on here all the time - How about it HQ? What about a compassionate un-ban?

What sad news!
Please give your best to UA and her darling son.

I also think she should be un-banned.

Lulumama Thu 17-May-12 20:50:14

thoughts and prayers, hope he gets the best possible treatment ASAP and is on the mend... thinking of them both x

AlistairSim Thu 17-May-12 20:52:47

Please tell her we are thinking of her and her dear little DS.

X.

ToothbrushThief Thu 17-May-12 20:58:12

I do not know what precipitated the ban but a compassionate un-ban as Vicar says would be good.
Best wishes to her.
(I'm reporting this post so MN see it)

Heyyyho Thu 17-May-12 20:58:26

Oh no, oh no sad

Praying for them both

Chunkamatic Thu 17-May-12 20:59:36

Poor little lad. They will both be in my thoughts.

I agree that she should be un-banned in these circs.

So sad to hear this. Didn't realise she'd been banned - I liked her posts a lot. Please pass on my love.

MikeLitoris Thu 17-May-12 21:02:25

Oh god! I remember reading some of her posts about her ex. What a nightmare for her.

If your reading UA, wishing you and your ds strength and good luck right now.

heliumballoon Thu 17-May-12 21:02:37

I'm so sorry to hear this. I was on UA's original threads years ago and she struck me as an intelligent, interesting woman who had a massive dose of bad luck. For this to happen to her DS therefore seems doubly unfair. Sending MN good wishes to Bristol.

I don't know her but please un-ban her. If she needs support from here she has to be allowed to receive it. I presume she didn't actually kill anyone?

Praying for her boy XXX

Am so sorry to hear this, they've both been through enough already. They're both in my thoughts. My DS had cancer and made a full recovery and even with the wonderful support of family and DP and I supporting each other it was horrendous time. I know that UA doesn't even have that so I'm glad you are there for her Piranha.

And I agree about the un-banning. It really would be a shame to deny her such a wonderful source of support at a time like this. So MNHQ howsabout it?

Earthymama Thu 17-May-12 21:06:23

Having a crap time here at the moment but it's nothing compared to this.
I hope her son makes a full recovery.

Love and Blessings, may the Goddess watch over you and send healing and compassion xx

bamboobutton Thu 17-May-12 21:06:25

this is so sad, poor little lamb.

i would be more than happy to knit a little toy or something to cheer him up in hospital.

sad

MarshaBrady Thu 17-May-12 21:07:11

Poor little boy and UA. Many, many good wishes.

Also do un-ban.

bronze Thu 17-May-12 21:07:11

Thinking of you and your wee boy UE

Methe Thu 17-May-12 21:08:14

UA is one posters who's 'story' I remember.

I will keep them both in my thoughts x

FrozenChocolate Thu 17-May-12 21:08:27

Love and best wishes to UA and her darling boy.

Another vote for a bending of the 'rules'. Mumsnet is all about support and companionship, I would hate to think of anyone being denied this.

Annunziata Thu 17-May-12 21:09:07

How terribly sad, will remember them both tonight.

NightLark Thu 17-May-12 21:09:52

what Methe said. Are bans always forever? Un-ban if possible please. Maybe the other half of the altercation could ask MN towers if they see this?

Hullygully Thu 17-May-12 21:11:26

Oh oh

Remember her, but not the altercation.

Big love, vibes and positive thoughts xxxx

thinking about them both.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now