Fasting corn snake - Can someone please reassure me?

(7 Posts)
JenaiMorris Thu 18-Apr-13 12:50:58

He’s three years old and not had this problem before – he normally has a couple (depends on their size) of fuzzies every 7-10 days.

About a month ago he rejected some fuzzies (he’s plenty big enough to have a furry but I think he’s scared of them hmm ). I wasn’t worried as I knew he was about to shed (which he did – checked for the spectacles and everything – all complete), but he hasn’t eaten a thing since.

He has been very frisky, trying to escape from his viv (which is the right temp and perfectly clean) and making a right old racket throwing his viv furniture around – is he looking for some love action do you think? He won’t find any – as far as I’m aware we’re the only people on the street with a snake grin

Any suggestions? Am I going to have to do unspeakable things to baby mice to get him to eat?

hiddenhome Sat 27-Apr-13 22:59:02

Mine has only just started eating again after fasting over the winter.

JenaiMorris Sat 27-Apr-13 23:14:29

I'm warming a furry on the radiator as I write.

He looks ok, temps in his viv are fine....

Just wish the bugger would eat!

Fingers crossed.

JenaiMorris Sat 27-Apr-13 23:15:26

How long did he fast for, hidden? Were you worried?

MotheringShites Sat 27-Apr-13 23:17:50

Oh god, please make sure it doesn't escape.

JenaiMorris Sat 27-Apr-13 23:31:07

He won't escape! He did for an entire week as a baby - it was awful. Kept expecting to find an ex-snake under ds's bed.

His viv is very secure grin

hiddenhome Sat 27-Apr-13 23:44:25

Mine fasted from mid november until about a month ago. He hardly moved. I was frantic, but then he started to move about so I tried him with a mouse and he took it. He goes all over his viv and is in great health.

Snakes can go up to a year without food grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now