Quick! help! Party in 2 hours time....

(29 Posts)
GrimbleGrog Sun 28-Jul-13 13:13:44

...7 children, 7-8yo, 2.5 hours.

We were going to run about in the field, free-range, but it's going to rain. Our house is teeny tiny, what shall we do?

On my list so far I have musical statues, pass the parcel, pin the tail.

Roshbegosh Sun 28-Jul-13 13:15:41

Get off MN and get ready.

GrimbleGrog Sun 28-Jul-13 13:16:56

grin

I'm frozen in terror. I can't move. I need to shower.

Roshbegosh Sun 28-Jul-13 13:19:43

GO. NOW. Let us know how it went.

dancemom Sun 28-Jul-13 13:21:15

Good luck - im not sure 7 and 8 year olds would be too impressed with those games though.....

GrimbleGrog Sun 28-Jul-13 13:35:55

Thanks Rosh, I've done stuff.

dancemom; OK, so you think they won't like those games. What will they like? That would be more helpful.

ClaraBean Sun 28-Jul-13 13:36:41

Boys or girls?

ClaraBean Sun 28-Jul-13 13:37:33

Could you hide any party gifts around the house, and quickly knock up some kind of treasure hunt? They can fill their own party bags?

Theimpossiblegirl Sun 28-Jul-13 13:39:13

Yes they will. Have lots of sweets for prizes. Have a got a well stocked craft drawer? You could make hats/crowns to wear (again, prizes, bribe them with sugar). Decorate cakes/biscuits to eat later. Simon Says is also a good one, let them take turns to be Simon. They would probably be more than happy with a DVD and popcorn if it gets too hectic (and you can relax and drink wine tea). Good luck, it will be fine.
smile

GrimbleGrog Sun 28-Jul-13 13:42:31

oooh, yes, forgot simon says. I've also created a fart game with a whoopee cushion (row of chairs, whoever sits on it is out kind of thing)

GrimbleGrog Sun 28-Jul-13 13:42:52

boys and girls

GrimbleGrog Sun 28-Jul-13 13:43:36

Off to ice cake. (i've done this too many times, I was a bit too relaxed about it all I think! grin)

Theimpossiblegirl Sun 28-Jul-13 13:43:37

Anything with farting is always good!

HindsightisaMarvellousThing Sun 28-Jul-13 13:44:14

Try an obstacle course - they have to race and put on adult wellies, hats, gloves, scarf etc, whatever you have two or three of lying around- then race to a certain point maybe going through hoops or doing a couple of skips with a rope, then have a challenge at the finish point. Cutting a piece of cake and eating it, that sort of thing, whatever is going to be difficult wearing gloves. Do this in heats, will take ages and they will love it.

Also limbo dancing, dancing competition, wrap the mummy races.

CorrieDale Sun 28-Jul-13 13:45:07

Freeze tag. Very noisy but hugely popular.

Theimpossiblegirl Sun 28-Jul-13 13:46:13

I wish I was coming- this will be a great party!

CorrieDale Sun 28-Jul-13 13:47:17

Wrap a bar of chocolate and get them to undo it in gloves. They have to throw a six to get a turn.

CorrieDale Sun 28-Jul-13 13:49:09

Grandmother's keys. Sit a child facing the wall with a bunch of keys at her back. The others take it in turns to sneak up on her to get the keys. If she hears them they 're out.

Don't eat tommy's smartie - plate with about 7 smarties/sweets one person goes out of room. Others all nominate a sweet to be tommy's first person returns and starts eating sweets one at a time. When they pick up tommy's smartie the others all shout 'don't eat tommy's smartie' then next person's turn - takes 15-20 min.

Choc game - similar- grab a dice, hat, scarf glives, knife, fork. Chocolate bar, when they throw a 6 they get dressed and cut bits off bar, all the time dice being passed around and when next person throws 6 they have to get dressed.

What's the time mr wolf -still fun any age.

Lego challenge - fastest/ tallest/ most colourful/ most stable tower etc. You can declare categories after if you want them to all win. Or have overall winner too.

AWimbaWay Sun 28-Jul-13 13:58:50

Have a movie party, choose a good film and provide popcorn and hotdogs, super easy, finish with pass the parcel before they go home.

AWimbaWay Sun 28-Jul-13 14:00:00

All the game will be fab too though! My 7 yr old loves party games, was just giving a lazy option grin.

PandaG Sun 28-Jul-13 14:11:28

musical bumps/chairs/statues - also islands - pieces of newspaper on teh floor - you take one away each time and fold the remaining pieces in half so the children have to crowd together to get on the island! Is fun!

'races' -

do you have straws and dried beans or smarties or similar? race to transfer between 2 bowls by sucking each bean to bottom of straw - can make distance between 2 bowls as far away as you like

also rice crispie race - transfer between 2 bowls (or fight for out of one big bowl in the middle to your own or team's own bowl at the edge) - using a dessert spoon held between your teeth and hands behind your back - is harder than it sounds

strawberry lace race - one end in mouth, rest dangling - eat as quick as you can without using hands - slurp it in!

flour game - press flour into a smallish bowl, turn out onto plate. put a smartie or similar on top. take turns to cut a slice off the four cake, the one who causes the smartie to fall must pick it out of the flour with their teeth.

mummy game - 2 teams, 2 rolls loo roll - race to cover one team member to make the best 'mummy'

Theimpossiblegirl Sun 28-Jul-13 14:12:08

Do let us know how it went (when you have recovered).
smile

GrimbleGrog Sun 28-Jul-13 14:17:59

Good old MN.

I'm looking forward to this now!

Theimpossiblegirl Sun 28-Jul-13 14:22:20

You'll be gutted when the 2.5 hours is up and begging them to stay longer or not .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now