Shirley's party advice part 5 - Here to Help - come and say Hi

(954 Posts)
Blatherskite Thu 28-Feb-13 12:54:01

Didn't notice we'd gotten to the end of the thread!

Blatherskite Thu 28-Mar-13 11:15:09

I spoke too soon. Temp still down and she's still not whingey but, well, let's just say she's still poorly

Oh dear. Had you not seen the last of those wotsits?

Blatherskite Thu 28-Mar-13 12:13:44

No, the Wotsits are good for maybe an hour or two

Oh no poor dd sad

DW, before I forget, I have finally finished unpacking (had to wait until DC were out of the house to unpack the Easter Beagle's shopping) and I have your I-can't-believe-it-tastes-anything-like-butter here ready to post when I go to pick the DC up.

Yahoooooooo!!!!!!!!

Thank you so so much i'll text you my address. What are the ingrediants cos i know blathers will have a fit if its hydrogenated crude oil. Does it look reaaaallly disgusting and not at all buttery?

God. What if i love it and have to contact stepsister for more?!!!

And what did the easter beagle get?

It's on it's way already (I still had your address in my phone from Flynn Rider bag) so I have no idea what is in it and I don't think I really want to know - there are 2 options in there. One looks like corn oil, the other I have no idea as it is in an opaque pot.

Easter Beagle got some cool baskets, a couple of small bunnies, loads of plastic eggs at a price that would make Yellow Moon weep, some egg colouring kits, some Easter napkins and some Snoopy ribbon for the baskets grin. Meeting organiser also contributed a large bag of leftover jelly beans. There was loads more tat that the Beagle wanted but couldn't cram into suitcase.

I think the beagle has trumped my bunny!

And im beyond excited to get my popcorn slime. We have movie night every week (you know in light of never getting out ever!) so im gonna be in my element. Unless dh has selected pirahna 3dd again hmm

Yes well the Beagle nearly blew it on the chocolate shopping aspect of the whole thing - today was my first DC-free day since I got back and I went to Sainsbury's to be faced with almost no choice in big eggs, and no foil wrapped small eggs for trails at all. I had to resort to The Range, so I am not sure how edible the chocolate will be. Anyway, Beagle needs to get his backside in gear and put things into eggs, label baskets, etc this evening.

I did actually look for socks (even though my DC's feet are now probably too big for socks that would fit into plastic eggs) but only found one pair - which the Beagle will be leaving for ME or else he is toast and his friend will be rabbit pie grin

Blatherskite Thu 28-Mar-13 21:55:59

I got small trail eggs from M&S. They had loads.

No clue how to do the trail this year though. Too tired to come up with anything clever sad

DTisMYdoctor Fri 29-Mar-13 12:36:23

Blimey, Stealth, that's incredibly kind of you to offer! thanks I have had an ask around some friends, and they're all as useless as me on the sewing front, so I'd love to take you up on your offer. I will sort out the measurements and PM you. Any particular type of fabric you'd recommend or should be avoided?

Loved all the book/chapter themed decorations!

No time to get to M&Sr, Blathers sad

DT - fabric - for adult robes, as heavy as you can afford to get it to hang properly. You need nearly twice the height of the jedi in question, though, so my decisions are driven almost entirely by budget. The only exception was DS's one, now lonb outgrown, when I somehow got suckered into some (admittedly lovely) dark brown linen because it was so perfect. blush

I have some black canvas which would do perfectly for Darth - I will check how much it cost me.

It was £4 a metre.

this would be ideal, but pretty much anything you can find would do (as long as it is not stretchy, which would be a nightmare to sew)

Yay stealth to the rescue. After my machine broke mil wanted to replace her 4k machine. So she saw a 6thread machine n got it for 3,900. Then she saw another 10 thread machine as she'd paid on ebay for the first, so she bought that for nearly 6k. So now she has three sewing machines at more than £10,000 and my piddly 40 quid machine is dead. She says she wont swap me one.

Blathers are u ok? Tired or health?

How very annoying of MIL. I have my old one, but it would cost more to ship than to buy one. Have you taken yours to anyone for expert diagnosis?

Blathers - just DD poorly, or have you succumbed now?

Blatherskite Fri 29-Mar-13 19:55:44

DD has had a temp since Wednesday night which had her up and eventually in with us all that night and then again last night. I thought I was just tired but my headache won't shift even after a quiet day and a long, hot shower so I'm now thinking I might have it too sad

Missed out on running today and might end up missing Parkrun tomorrow too which is very annoying as I'm working towards my 50 t-shirt plus, we have dinner out at friends house tomorrow night too and I don't want to miss that as it's taken us weeks to find a date we could all do!

Mil knows some good places for machine repair but i made the pirate style dress by hand in the end. Looks cute on dd2. Thank god dd1 didnt want one in the end.

Blathers, sounds like your getting poorly too :-(
No idea what parkrun and the t shirt thing is tho. My hobby is cake eating.

Blatherskite Fri 29-Mar-13 21:15:34

Parkrun is a 5k run held at various places around the country on a Saturday morning. You get a free t-shirt once you've run it 50 times and another when you've done 100

slp123 Sat 30-Mar-13 09:16:17

Pass the parcel question

Do you think traditional pass the parcel with layers and little gift/sweets in each layer or pass the parcel lucky dip box? Most of the children are around 4yrs old.

Thanks
smile

I have always done traditional pass the parcel, including with 3-4yos. It needs a bit of "coaching" but is otherwise fine.

I want to go back to the pass the parcel of newspaper-no gifts in layers and the element of surprise at the end! Like when i was a child. The shole counting layers/whose won some sweets thing sends me doolally. I really wanna say "no this is the real parcel game. Newspaper. Thats it. Then a present." Newfangled everyones a winner crap pah!

I still never dare though.

Blathers does that mean youve run in parks fifty times on a saturday?!!

Bloody rabbits /beagles. Nearly as much work as FC causes. Bedtime at last... (and up at dawn for more rabbit impressions hmm)

Tell me about it. Dd1 has aheadache and a fever so im lying in her bed. Shes been crying and now seen all her easter eggs as they are in her room!! Now shes lying here muttering etc.

She wanted a new dolls pram as dd2 keeps running off with the current one as its little. So a sticker chart of staying bed til the sunshine clock meant that the bunny might bring a pram. So ive filled the eggs, wrapped them each a gift, stashed the big eggs fromfamily. The clocks have gone forward so ive lost an hour! Tomorrow i have to lay the egg hunt with dols pram finale, cook dinner etc and nurse dd1 it seems. Dh was out at a do and got in at 12 steaming drunk and passed out in my bed.

Remember i posted that easter was like xmas but less pressure/expectation <hollow laugh>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now