Things your toddler says that fill you with dread....

(134 Posts)
meso Fri 02-Aug-13 08:53:07

ie this morning my toddler said 'Mummy my tiara fell in the toilet but its ok, I took it out again'

Obviously said with tiara now back on her head...... hmm

chattychattyboomba Mon 05-Aug-13 00:05:06

Benji's mum... Bahaha!!!!!
Caught DD eating a tampon the other day while the satellite dish guy was over to install a new dish...
blush

bigbuttons Mon 05-Aug-13 08:26:16

When ds3 was 2-3, he asked endless questions, endless. I would desperately try and answer them'correctly'. However, if the answer I gave didn't match with with the one he had in his head or if I dared to say "I don't know" he would shout " No, you're saying the wrong words, say the right words"

EmpressOfTheSevenOceans Mon 05-Aug-13 08:48:23

It was always silence with DD too. Then if she got caught there would be a frozen pause followed by a huge cute smile, arms up and 'Cuddle?'.

ICBINEG - Oh dear, oh dear, Ma, Pa, come, ta?

mummy2benji Mon 05-Aug-13 09:12:12

Ah another gem this morning... After dd2 has crawled about the downstairs, depositing small amounts of sick.

Ds1 (4): "Mummy! I found some sick in the hall! Don't worry, I got some of it up."

Me: "Oh... what with?"

Ds1: "With the tablecloth."

ICBINEG Mon 05-Aug-13 09:44:02

Oh - thank you for the suggestions!

"urr dah urrr dah ma pa cuma ta." became

"urr dah urrr dah shek iiiiit ma pa cuma ta." over the weekend - and it now has dance moves....

"urr dah" is definitely "up down" from the dance. "Shek iiiit" has a bum wiggle associated...the rest has a little arm waving but nothing identifiable...

It is going to be some sort of toddler TV thing....possibly from Charlie and Lola...

Happily as long as I join in the dance and smile, DD no longer seems irate that I am not getting the reference....so not such a source of dread for me any more!

RabbitsarenotHares Mon 05-Aug-13 11:13:46

ICBINEG - shake it up and come down...?

ICBINEG Mon 05-Aug-13 11:58:44

Ahhha! I have got it!

It's frigging Mr. Potato from frigging peppa pig isn't it....

Altogether now!

"up down up down shake it all around. Mr. Potato is coming to town."

Gods I hate that program....

Solopower1 Mon 05-Aug-13 19:21:45

Just remembered another one. When my granddaughter (just 3) was asked 'Where do you live?' she answered 'Planet earth' - just like a sarky teenager.

grin at Mymatemax

countrymummy13 Tue 06-Aug-13 10:27:01

Hilarious thread!!

Yesterday 3yo said "Daddy, DS is drinking your wine". Rush in to living room to find 18 month old with red wine all over his chops! shock (idiot DH!! angry)

Plus "Mummy, I haven't had an accident so you just stay there"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now