Sleeping in heat

(8 Posts)
FriendofDorothy Mon 15-Jul-13 15:23:40

Our bedroom was 25 degrees last night and I couldn't decide what to put our 7 month old in to go to bed. In the end he was wearing a nappy and a babygro, but he still felt hot so i unpoppered a bit of his babygro.

Any advice?

Gobbolinothewitchscat Mon 15-Jul-13 15:34:51

DS (7 months) is wearing a nappy and a 1 tog gro bag.

On nights I feel it's a bit cooler, I put him in a short sleeved vest too

wibblyjelly Mon 15-Jul-13 15:50:27

DS 9 months has gone to bed the last couple of nights with a nappy and a 0.5 tog sleeping bag, and a fan on in his room

MiaowTheCat Mon 15-Jul-13 18:37:34

The thinnest possible short and t-shirt style pyjamas I could find and just a nappy under them... no blankets or sleeping bags and half the Tesco fan department on in the house.

DD1's room gets the morning sun and will have cooled down a little bit by now (relatively speaking) - DD2 is in with us and our room gets the evening sun so will still be bloody awful when we go to bed.

ChunkyPickle Mon 15-Jul-13 18:43:59

DS is going to bed in nothing but a nappy, and when I wake to pee in the night I check on him and drape over a blanket if it's cooled down enough (hasn't for a while)

Funghoul Mon 15-Jul-13 23:38:10

Nappy and a vest - dd almost 9 weeks. Nights she won't settle she goes in sleeping bag which gets undone and opened when it's worked it's magic and she's asleep.

KeepTheFaithBaby Tue 16-Jul-13 20:13:39

Nappy and vest for DD (13 weeks). Last night I tried to cover her feet with a blanket and she groaned til she kicked her feet free! That told me! She is a warm bunny - I tried just a nappy and 0.5 tog sleeping bag but she was baking. I have a blanket to pop over her when/if it cools.

sparklekitty Tue 16-Jul-13 20:55:44

Nappy and short sleeved vest for the past few days. Before it got really hot she was in a sleep suit.

We co sleep and our room is fairly hot

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now