Why are babies so adorable?! What little things do you love about your baby?

(48 Posts)
Pinkflipflop Fri 10-May-13 12:07:30

I really had no idea how much I would love my baby! smile

There have been days when I haven't had a clue what to do with him, he's 14 weeks but I just am overwhelmed by the love I feel for him!

He properly smiled at me today, not just a little grin but a big beaming smile and it made my heart sing!

When I go to pick him up in the morning, he sort of stretches his arms out and bounces about like he can't wait for me to pick him up. I have no idea where he gets his happy nature from!! grin

I was with dh for 14 years before this baby came but he was really worth the wait.

honeytea Tue 14-May-13 19:57:18

I love how excited 5 month old ds is when he wakes up and sees me, I have never felt so wanted in all my life.

I love the way he cuddles me in the morning when he all soft and floppy from just waking up.

I love the leathery feel to the small bald bit on the back of his head (strange?)

I love how he screams with joy and chuckles and waves his arms and legs with joy when I take his cloths off so he can have nappy off time or a massage.

I love his hair which sometimes looks red, sometimes looks golden and sometimes looks white.

(doodle we cut ds's nails when he is asleep)

Nicknamefail Tue 14-May-13 21:09:50

I love dd's face when she poos. blush

happydaze77 Tue 14-May-13 21:53:10

I love the way my 6 month old dd breaks off when feeding, sits grinning at me until she catches my eye, then giggles and latches back on.
Bless her!

Dogsmom Tue 14-May-13 23:18:24

I loved the way my dd 10 weeks old sleeps with her arms stretched above her head.
I love her chubby arms and legs.
I love the way she smiles and the noises she makes that will eventually be her first words.
I love how much she loves to be cuddled and the feeling of her face pressed against mine.
All this from someone who asked to be sterilised at 21 because I was adamant I never wanted kids!

roseinwinter Tue 14-May-13 23:26:53

I love my dd's hair which is so soft and velvety like a horse's muzzle and just gorgeous to snuggle into.
I love that at nearly 13 weeks she still has that sweet downy newborn hair on her ears.
I love her funny little laugh and the tiny dimples when she smiles.
I feel so lucky to be her mummy.

ChasingStaplers Tue 14-May-13 23:31:24

I love DC3's rolls of squishy fat, even on his arms. Love his smell. Love his soft hair. Love the way he looks deep into my eyes with complete innocence and trust. Love the little dimple on his left cheek. Love his little laughs and squeals of delight. Love the look of concentration on his face when he's learning something new. Love how much he adores his brother and sister and how much they adore him too. Love it how all I have to do to settle him when he's fidgeting around in bed is hold his hand and he instantly relaxes.

My favourite time of the day is first thing in the morning when I'm snuggled up in bed with all three of my babies before we get up!

Like you, dogsmum. I was absolutely certain I didn't want kids and now I'm the complete opposite!

bootsycollins Tue 14-May-13 23:35:38

This threads gorgeous! My pfb's a 19 year old 6ft tall big strapping crazy haired uni student nowadays but when he was a gorgeous, chunky baby (about 6 months or so) and he got excited about something he'd do this excited shiver thing, so cute. I also loved the way he used to reach his arms up to me and wiggle his fingers as if to say "pick me up!". Also his baby breath smelt like Caramac chocolate mmmmmmm,.

SpecialAgentTattooedQueen Tue 14-May-13 23:45:38

I love the way my DTs 'cuddle' each other. I love (well, most of the time) the bond they have and how they always want to be near.

I love the feel of their soft hands, tight knit curls and chubby fingers on my skin when I BF.

I love DD's dimples and how she sticks her wee tongue out every time she smiles or laughs.

I love DS's eyes and looong lashes (wasted on a boy!) I love the way he grips his little sister's finger/s so protectively.

I love that DS took his first step yesterday and DD is trying so hard to take hers!

I just love them so much! Sorry I'm all teary from these stories. I am so hormonal. blush

MummyTy Wed 15-May-13 09:13:42

My liitle boy is kind of my little king,he feels lyk giving me a hug and make sure am ok, he gt so worried if he sees my face nt happy, I love him so much ,such am unconditional love

TigerSwallowTail Wed 15-May-13 09:22:57

It's the kewpie doll effect; en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kewpie_doll_effect

Peacheyma Wed 15-May-13 22:34:21

This is a really uplifting thread. My little boy is 22wks and I'm amazed by how much I love him. I finally understand what 'unconditional' means.

I love how my boy finds his thumb to suck, he puts his hand behind his ear, runs it down his cheek and finally finds his thumb slipping into his mouth! He lifts his legs in the air when I'm changing his nappy like he wants to help. And sometimes he looks at me like he would trust me with the whole world! Ahhh so wonderful!!!!

NoWayPedro Thu 16-May-13 05:58:38

I love how DD sucks my chin or cheek as her way of giving kisses (9mo)

I love how she's started copying us and when we sing/dance, she'll join in going side to side Stevie Wonder style grin

I love how she (mostly) softly strokes my boob and arm when feeding or holds my finger really tight

I love watching her eat

Yy to all the others too smile

CitrusyOne Thu 16-May-13 06:36:12

I love how DD's face cracks into a huge grin if I smile at her.

I love her little sneezes and the giggle she does afterwards.

I love bringing her into bed with me in the morning and us falling asleep holding hands.

I love watching her perfect little face as she sleeps peacefully.

I love watching her face in those few seconds before she falls asleep- all snuggly.

2blessed Thu 16-May-13 06:47:37

I love ds' velvety ears (could strife stroke them for hours), that first sleepy smile in the morning, how his poo smells so sweet (dp and dm think I'm mad), his crinkly bottom and how he giggles when you dangle a muslin cloth over his face.

Lovely thread smile

Trazzletoes Thu 16-May-13 06:54:52

When DD was born she had really hairy ears. They were so soft and lovely I used to kiss them for hours.

Now I love her independence and determination (15 months) but I also love that her first "proper" word was "cuddle".

I love how she tries to make her DB feel better by rubbing his head. I love the joy she sees in everything.

(Disclaimer: I think she's still a baby because she doesn't walk yet grin )

Nicknamefail Thu 16-May-13 08:42:39

Trazzle my dd had really hairy ears when was born too! I loved them as well, we used to call her wolfie until it fell off.

Anerak Wed 12-Jun-13 21:11:44

Her innocent face when she's desperately fishing for my nipple open mouthed <3 and her furious face when she cries... Her concentrated frown when people try to get her attention and she's feigning indifference. I don't think I've ever loved someone so fiercely, I think she's the most beautiful angel in the world my heart just melts <3

emmacox1986 Mon 08-Jul-13 11:49:35

I love it when my one year old puts his arms up to me when he wants a cuddle!

MiaowTheCat Mon 08-Jul-13 13:20:29

DD1 - eyelashes. Those adverts for mascara that have fake lashes in up to the eyeballs have nothing on DD1's eyelashes (and she bloody knows how to flutter them). She also has the best giggle in the world - and she's learnt to say "tickle-tickle" if you're tickling her.

DD2 - snuggle-seeking-missile has the most beautiful smile you'd ever see (it even puts her sister's into the shade). While her sister will fire her smile off at all and sundry - her sister reserves it for people she really likes - and it goes right up to her eyes and makes them all scrunchy and screwed up.

MitMopse Mon 05-Aug-13 11:23:27

Lovely thread I'm misting up! I love her little chubby cheeks and teeny nose! I love the little pouty mouth she does before a fart or sneeze, and the excited head bobbing at boob! She is 6 weeks now and her smiles melt me and her Dad completely.

lockie1983 Mon 05-Aug-13 20:34:00

Aww this is such a beautiful thread grin

My little one is 5 weeks tomorrow, I love his mad little face when he is dreaming about something, his silky hair, long lashes and his smell. How he sleeps with froggy legs and an open mouth. How intently stares at our stripey wallpaper.

I feel all gooey inside after reading this !

PollyIndia Tue 06-Aug-13 10:45:47

Actually making me cry. I have become an emotional wreck since having a baby!
Bootsycollins, my 9month old does that shiver when excited too. Also love watching him sleep, his chuggly thighs, the furrowed brow he gets when he is babbling at me, the way he grabs my hair to give me a sloppy open mouthed kiss, the way his whole face lights up when he smiles, the fits of giggles he gets. I would quite like to bonsai him, except that I am interested to see who he will become.
I am single so I may not have any more kids. Bloody love babies now though. Such a surprise!

merrygiant Tue 06-Aug-13 13:17:20

I love 8wo ds's whorl of hair at the front that will probably become a cute little cowlick. I love the way he thrashes around at my boob with what appears to be pure fun! I love his gorgeous little nose and wriggly legs and the way he flings his arm above his head before trying to find his thumb to suck. And I love his furry little ears!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now