Can't cope with 3 DC & 2 dogs

(8 Posts)
MaryRobinson Tue 23-Apr-13 18:15:51

Is it possible you're depressed. You sound , well defeated really. You undoubtedly have a lot on your plate and of course alcohol is a depressant neither of which will help your cause.
A visit to the GP is my advice.

mummy2benji Tue 23-Apr-13 09:51:24

I'm sure you're not a rubbish mum! You're finding it hard with 3 dc and 2 dogs - I struggle with 2 dc and 2 rabbits wink No the rabbits don't need walks. In fact dh looks after them, all I do is shove in the occasional carrot. Anyway, pets aside... If you're looking after a toddler all day, managing to feed everyone, keep the house relatively clean, walk the dogs, help with homework and pick up kids from school, you deserve a medal. Try to go easy on yourself, and maybe utilise things like local playgroups and mums and toddler groups where you can have a bit of a natter with sympathetic mums and have a cuppa. Have you ever had depression? If you continue to feel down and teary, it might be worth having a chat to your GP.

flowers and a brew for you smile

Damselion Sun 21-Apr-13 19:31:25

DeepRedBetty - Thanks, we tried two types of harnesses, both worked at first but then he started pulling again. I just feel like sitting down and crying in the street when I walk him which is ridiculous really, I don't know why I find it so annoying.

Yep a few things to look forward to, sorry I'm just having a moan really, finding it really hard at the moment and feel like a really rubbish Mother.

DeepRedBetty Sun 21-Apr-13 19:19:56

Haltis aren't nearly as good as the Gentle Leader, made by Canac and cost about £10 last time I looked. Lupi harnesses are also pretty good.

Is there something coming on the horizon to look forward to? I found that was the only thing that kept me going - knowing it was x weeks to a holiday etc.

Damselion Sun 21-Apr-13 19:15:21

DH does a lot, most of it in fact (with the kids). He gets up first in the morning & baths and puts the kids to bed at night, he also takes the kids to school then I pick them up. I walk the dogs and look after DS (2) all day as well as the kids homework, the housework, laundry & cooking.

Have tried a halti but he still pulls, just with his head to one side!

Earlybird Sun 21-Apr-13 16:36:22

What sort of help does dh give? Do you have other family around who help at all?

Can you afford a dog walker or dog trainer?

Could you get some occasional help - house cleaner, babysitter/teenager to be an extra set of hands?

BeeMyBaby Sun 21-Apr-13 16:30:48

Have you tried using a halti for your dog? What kind of dog is it?

Damselion Sun 21-Apr-13 13:41:08

We have 3 DC (2,5 & 8) and two dogs, I'm a SAHM.

Recently I have been finding myself constantly irritable, wanting a glass of wine in order to cope with DC (not in daytime, but have one glass at around 5pm to get through the evening) and just feeling like I'm wading through treacle. DH works from home a lot, I don't have to cope alone so why do I feel like this?

I can cope with two DC at a time when all three together just makes me want to cry or scream.

I used to find dog walking relaxed me enough to go home and face the music but one of our dogs is stressing me out to th epoint I want to rehome him. He's one year old and has been to puppy training, I've trained him at home and he's also having kennel club training but he pulls on the lead to the point he put my shoulder out, steals other dogs balls and destroys them and jumps up on people.

I feel like giving up sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now