Our new place to chat about our beautiful toddlers! Where have our babies gone???

(999 Posts)
KLou111 Mon 11-Feb-13 10:12:11

Another thread girls, can't believe we're here already!

Wow thanks for that liz. I always look for vouchers online when I buy something (free delivery from sainsburys etc) but didn't think about eBay!
Have just bought 10 x £5 vouchers for £6!! I could've got them cheaper, but didn't know how long delivery would be. So if they work I can get a pack of 48 pampers for £2.99!!!!! They are already 1/3 off! If they come quick enough and they work i'll order some more while the nappies are still on sale smile
Probably have to get 2 packs at a time or something though.

Oh, and iwish, we got 9.40 this morning gringringrin

lizandlulu Tue 16-Jul-13 20:50:14

Let me know if you use the vouchers even with the 1/3 off. Honestly he was raving about them!

How's Euan today? I've just put violet to bed and the heat coming off her head is shocking! She's not overly hot everywhere else, just her head! I put the fan on her last night as it was so hot and she wouldn't settle. which is why I put her to bed sbit later tonight, try and wear her out sbit.

lizandlulu Tue 16-Jul-13 20:50:40

Oh and 9.40!!!!! You jammy jammy buggers

Omg, poor violet. This weather is just awful for them isn't it!
Euan is a lot better today thanks, his temp back down to 35.6 this morning and his body a lot cooler. We think he may have had heat stroke or something.

Tbh, he only slept that late because he was fast asleep on the sofa til we went to bed, then straight in with us on his futon. He jumped in my side around 8 and I thought he was getting up and he went back to sleep! We only got up because rob was meeting a tenant at 11 so had to sort stuff out otherwise god knows how long he would've slept. Bloody lovely though!

He was up til about 8.15 tonight downstairs, but wouldn't sleep so I took him up and he was gone within 10 mins. Have left his windows and door open.

lizandlulu Tue 16-Jul-13 22:30:24

I don't know how late she would sleep if I let her cause we always have to be up for school in the week, at the weekend I let them sleep as long as they like, but think she is in the habit now of waking for 7.30. I don't get past 8 unless they have had a really really late night.

Like Chris took violet racing sat night and didn't get back till 1, she slept on the way home, but then didn't wake till 9.30 Sunday morning. But that was exception to the rule

Eueys car came today grin
Not put it together yet.

My god that child has some willpower, took an hour for him to go off, he was shouting and screaming and didn't sleep at lunch either! I've even put a fan in his room!

Rob had to sleep with him last night, he didn't want to be in our room, he wanted to be in his, so rob jumped in with him, I can't sleep in his bed with him fidgeting about.

lizandlulu Thu 18-Jul-13 21:33:23

I can't sleep properly with lulu in, it's rare she comes in ,but if she does she's like a starfish!! And even rarer if I bring violet in, I have literally got to be at the end of my tether to consider putting her in my bed, and of I do, she thinks it's such a novelty, she instantly perks up and wants to play.

I have been to toys r us tonight for birthday presents. I got her a lovely silver cross dolls highchair, feeding set, nappies, outfit for doll, and a pretend smart phone. My god toys are expensive!!! There was a toddlers handbag ith pretend gadgets to go inside it, but it was all box, I think she would have liked it, but I just refuse to buy it!! It was just plastic crap. It was £17, I might see if I can get it online cheaper, but cut it too fine now to get it for Sunday.

Oooooooo they sounds lovely liz! Wish I was little again, I wasn't into dolls etc as I had 2 older brothers, I was a bit of a tomboy! But wish I had been smile
I know what you mean about the price of things, I just sit on the Internet looking for things!
We saw my in laws yesterday as they had Euan for the day and the they said they'd ordered Euans pressie. He used to work for Massey ferguson tractors (his whole life bar 2 years!) and he's ordered it from work. Hmmmmmm, wonder what it is.......wink

lizandlulu Mon 22-Jul-13 20:48:04

Did you all have a nice weekend? Violet birthday was sbit boring really. I had planned to take her to that kids theme park, but Chris went on a last minute stag doo to Newcastle, plus thought it was going to be red hot and sun, so I didn't end up going. Didn't fancy juggling 2 kids, pushchair and bags on my own. Anyway, he was back for 12 so we went to he wacky warehouse for early tea at 3 nd she enjoyed running riot.

So the princess has had a apbaby boy. I'm happy for them, glad everything's ok, but my god, the media turn it into the only baby ever to be born! 'there was even talk of William driving Kate to the hospital this morning ' shock horror!!

What Do you think theyll call it? I think William after his dad

I think Phillip Charles, or George William smile
I bet violet enjoyed it regardless liz! Did she like all her pressies? And yes it has been so bloody hot hasnt it!

All ok here, went to hen do Saturday night, didn't get home til just after 3.30am! Really really really enjoyed it, did me the world of good! And I wasn't drunk so that was good as my head wasn't spinning in the cab on my own on the way home. The others coming back to where I live left at midnight. I was fuming as i thought I had to leave too as the cab was going to be £££ on my own, but we sorted it.
Basically the bride to be got the other girls to pay towards it so I got back from Birmingham (an hour away) for £11!!

Euans sleep still been shite.
Took him to the dr on Friday to see if he had an ear infection or something as he's been taking up to 2 hours to settle by screaming, crying and getting out of bed etc.
Anyway he prescribed him 5ml of Phenergan before bed. Not the ideal thing, but this sleep shite has been going on for 6 months!
Anyway, it made him a lot calmer before bed, no crying etc, but he still didn't want me to leave, and Sunday night I was with him over 1.5 hours and he just lay there wide awake!

So called them yesterday and he said up the dose to 7.5-10ml. I also didn't give him a nap yesterday and he was fine not sleeping, and he was asleep by 6.50, within 5 mins!
I walked downstairs and rob said oh my god you are joking he's not gone off? And he had. Lit the BBQ and at 7.30 he started crying. I put him back to bed and left his door wide open and he went straight to sleep.
Woke again at 1am when we went to bed, again straight off, then came into us at 4 and again straight off!! He came in at 6.45! Omfg!
Obviously he won't have it long term, just trying to reset him ifkwim? We're getting another house Thursday so mum and dad are having him overnight and prob won't give it to him, so will see if these 3 nights work........

lizandlulu Tue 23-Jul-13 09:42:03

I wonder if he's just ready to drop his daytime nap? I know violet will not go to bed before 8 ish if she's had s sleep. If I put her to bed much before 8 she just lays there kicking her legs, or shouting me. ISPs she hasn't had a sleep, she's out like a light by 7. No moaning or nothing, just head hit pillow, sleep. Usually.

What is phenergan?

It's meant for allergies and hay fever etc. But it has a sedative effect too. He's not slept again today and he's been fine so I don't think he needs a nap either. I tried dropping it a couple of months back and he was like a zombie all afternoon. Hopefully we'll get him back on track over the next week or so.

lizandlulu Tue 23-Jul-13 21:25:36

How's tonight gone?

There's been a storm here, half of the town is flooded cause the rain came down that hard and fast. The wind has actually blown lulus massive trampoline over!cand broke the parasol that was on the garden table. Bugger.

Well got up this morning, violet got up about half 8, went to her and she'd been sick all over. Mostly cherries that she'd been eating, but she are them Saturday! Why are they still in her belly! Had to strip and wash all the bedding. I still took her to nursery tho as she was perfectly fine, not poorly at all, happy as lorry nd are all her breakfast and drank the milk out of the bowl!

Omg isn't that strange liz! I'd bloody love half 8!! Hope she's ok.
Sounds awful with the flooding. We had loads of rain here Monday night and thunder and lightening. Euan slept through it though even with the windows open!

Well last night I put him to bed and he was off again with 5/10 mins just after 7. Woke in the night around 2.30 and I couldn't get him to stay in bed so just put him on the futon and he slept til 7.30 til the bastard dog next door woke him up barking (all the windows open).
Fucking thing doesn't shut up, was on and off barking till 11pm too, then it barks throughout the day. They know it barks, so don't fucking let it out alone you knobs! Typical old people who've bought a puppy and not trained the bloody thing!

lizandlulu Thu 25-Jul-13 20:29:21

How's was wednesday night choccy?

I got a lay in till 8.20 this morning!! Lulu slept at my mums house, violet had. Late night, she woke at 7.30, but went back to sleep till 8.20! Which is what I did too!!

Tuesday night lulu had a friend over to sleep, not the first time and one of her Brest grinds who'd been here loads of times to play. Anyway, they didn't got to sleep till 11.30 cause they was talking, 12.30 I woke up cause the little girl was crying, so went to her and she felt sick, tried to comfort her, got her a drink, calpol and bucket but she just sat there whimpering, wanting to go home. So had to ring her mum to see if they was up. She was so went to open the gates, couldn't find the key. Had to wake Chris who said he'd left the key in a van which he'd lent to someone!ended up having to get the security people to come and let me out!!! Finally got her home at 1.30, by then I couldn't go back to sleep when I got in bed! Needless to say, Wednesday I Was Mardy and ratty!!!

lizandlulu Sat 27-Jul-13 22:22:36

How's both of you?

That sleepover sounds a nightmare liz!
Glad you got it sorted in the end.

All good here. Been a busy few days as we got another house, but can't do much now til in the week as 2 girls have moved in so we've left them today and yesterday.
Had a bit of a nightmare with one of them as she wanted to 'road test' every fucking room, as the one she had paid a deposit on (the biggest room) has proper sanded beauuuuuutiful floorboards and she wanted carpet.
Another girl had taken the second biggest room so we asked her if she'd swap and didn't want to, fair enough. Then she wanted the third biggest and moved her stuff all in, stayed the night etc, we'd re rented the biggest one, and after the night in there she told us she wanted the bigger one after all. Told her she couldn't as we'd re rented it and she'd have to stay put and she started going on saying she'd said she wanted that room first blah blah, so we said you gave it up the moment you moved in the other one. She's been a bloody PITA! Tempted to give her her bloody notice already!

On a lighter note, collected Euey at 2 yesterday, god I missed him so much! Had a lovely afternoon, and he slept from 7.30pm (windows open, door open, thunder, rain etc, didn't wake him!) woke briefly at 2.45am, put him back to bed and covered him up, stayed 5 mins and he went back off until he came in with us at 6.45 hurrah!!

What you been up to?

lizandlulu Sun 28-Jul-13 19:22:05

10houses!!!! You must be minted!!! ;)

Yes she does sound like a twat! You must have the patience of a saint!!

How long was Euan away for?

I have been to heckington show today with kids and mum and dad, Chris racing today. We're not speaking yet again but that's a whole other story, it's been quite windy and warm but not red hot. Anyway. I creamed the kids first thing like normal, and took the cream with me, then didn't do me, now I'm sodding burnt!! I even have a strap mark across my chest where my bag has been

Oh no what are you like!! I guess you didn't expect to burn in that weather though!
You know what I ALMOST asked earlier how you and chris were at the moment, how scary is that? All good here on that front, lots better. Hope you'll be ok, hugs x

Not quite minted lol, not bad off and for the sake of a few hard days, things will be easier now. Once a house is up and running it kind of runs itself. Got another one going through at the moment, should complete end of august, must be mad!
Euan was picked up 10am Thursday and I collected him 2pm Saturday. Am now dreading this wedding in a few weeks hmm

lizandlulu Mon 29-Jul-13 09:08:08

You will be fine!! How long are you going for? When I went to benidorm last month, 4 night was enough and I was ready to come home nd see the kids, but 10 mins after you've been back, you wish ŷou was back again! Or is it just me!

Lol liz, know what you mean!
He's getting picked up on the Thursday, then we'll get him on the Monday. Looking forward to having some time with rob tbh smile

Found the cake I want to make for Euey hope I can do it!
All the colourings are here now and it doesn't look too hard.....we'll see!

lizandlulu Mon 29-Jul-13 21:48:36

Oh my god, are you good st stuff like that? It looks mega hard! Good luck to you, I will expect to see pics!!

I have been to he cinema tonight with lulu, been to see despicable me 2. Even tho we haven't even see number one! It was ok, funny in parts and lulu liked it.

Disneys bringing out a new film called planes! Like cars, but planes! Looked quite good.

Glad you had a good time, I've not seen that either. did you need to see the first one?
I saw the planes one, Euey will be into that next no doubt!
I made his cake last year, and he loves cars and the movie cars, so thought I'd give it a go smile

Hv came yesterday as I rang a few weeks ago before I went to the dr for something to help Euan sleep. She said everything I had done is what she would have suggested. The one I hadn't tried though, which I had read about was the one where you move your chair further and further away until you're sitting outside when they go off. I didn't thing it was worth trying at the time said done everything else!
She said stick to the meds for a few weeks to get him back into a sleeping routine and hopefully that will do the trick.
He so much happier in the day now. He became really wingey and doing our heads in some days, she said it was probably down to him being knackered, whereas because he's sleeping now he's a lot better in the day.
She seems to think it all came from his 4 canines that came through at the same time in January (when this all started). She said he was at an age where he started to understand us leaving him alone etc and when he cried because of his teeth, we comforted him and he got used to it. Which makes sense, but he was always fine at bedtime, it was just the early mornings we didn't understand. I don't know!
She'll be back in a couple of months for his check up.

lizandlulu Tue 30-Jul-13 22:20:31

Poor Euan, bless him, I do hope his gets him in a routine. Is he goingto sleep easier now?

I was ment to have the hv check today, but had to work and couldn't change my days due to other people off at the same time, so rang and left a message yesterday morning, but she didn't get it, didn't listen to her messages! So she turned up st work today! It's only next door and she must have known that's where I would be, I felt really bad about wasting her time, but listen to your messages woman!!!

Re despicable me, well yes if you want to understand it you would have to see the first one. Lulu liked it, but she's not old enough for question anything really, like, I wanted to know why this man looks after 3 girls who aren't his children. That must all be in the first one.

We have been on the quads tonight. Chris has s big one and lulu wanted to go on that with him, so I went on the smaller one with violet. she bloody loves it!! I'm not as good on them as Chris, I'm quite jerky and slow, she loves it and laughs all the way round the field! Mad child. Not at all scared like lulu was at her age.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now