Our new place to chat about our beautiful toddlers! Where have our babies gone???

(999 Posts)
KLou111 Mon 11-Feb-13 10:12:11

Another thread girls, can't believe we're here already!

lizandlulu Wed 03-Jul-13 21:48:59

Oh my god that one is amazing!!!!! Like something out of a magazine!! Totally totally amazing!!!!

But I wouldn't live there with a child under the age of 5-6, old enough to know not to climb and fall in the water! I would constantly be on edge and have to watch them every second. It's bad enough having the river down the bottom of the field here where I am, never mind about it being right on your doorstep.

Love it tho, can ŷou tell???

I have come to the conclusion that majority of doctors are fuckwits who don't give a shit.

Lol Liz, gorgeous isn't it, Rob wants to take a drive there tomorrow and have a nosey, but we've not had any more calls or anything about ours so I don't want to fall in love with yet another house!!
He said he'd put a taller fence up, in keeping obviously.
But I'm like you, I'd constantly be on edge esp if Euans ball got kicked over or something!
Thing is aswell, it got sold in Sept 2010, and these people bought it last august, so what's wrong with it?
Not sure if the first people may have done it up as they bought it at auction for 240k (guide 200) then these bought it for 290k so its gone up shitloads!
Not that I've researched it or anything ;)

And yes, agreed, drs are just twats!

lizandlulu Thu 04-Jul-13 14:29:45

Maybe the people whove got it just can't afford it? You don't know people's circumstances, it might just be theyve lost their job or something as simple asthst, or might just bee too big for them? How know,s you need to go and enquire!!

I'm far too cynical lol smile

lizandlulu Thu 04-Jul-13 16:59:16

Bugger, just remembered I'm going to aqua aerobics tonight and I haven't shaved my legs since my hol, and I put mascara on this morning. ( in an attempt to look nicer) fuck sake

Ha ha that just made me smile lol! Have fun bear girl smile

So what are we all up to this weekend, its gonna be beauuuuuutiful smile

We've got some friends coming for a bbq. We only sorted it Tuesday as we saw the weather. Thankfully all those coming were free so why the fuck did they not organise it then???
They'll be 9 of us, so a nice number. Been looking in our bbq book what we're going to cook, so all sorted now.
Nibbled have got some crisps, dips, going to make some hummous with carrots, jap rice crackers, nuts etc
Doing burgers first to keep us going.
Then sit down we're doing pork marinated in cider, then on skewers with apple, also spicy chicken with pita wraps.
Baked potatoes, mozzarella rocket and tomato salad, coleslaw, sil bringing spicy thai potato salad.

Euan going to my mum and dads for the night.
Just made a white chocolate and strawberry cheesecake, jeez it looks good!! I just suddenly thought though, can you eat cream cheese when preg as friend with twins cooking is coming, all good, phew!
Amazing what you forget!

Starving now!

Sorry if tmi, but Euan just did a poo on his potty!!!!! smile
Had him in the nude all day in the garden with the potty, but he's just been weeing in the garden. Anyway, just saw him stop and concentration came on his face so I sat him on the potty and he was fine with it and pooed!!!
We were both there and he stood up, came over to us and showed us what he'd done!
Proud mamma grin

lizandlulu Fri 05-Jul-13 21:14:17

Well firstly the food sounds amazing, wish I lived closer! I would be there like a shot and don't usually like BBQ food as a rule, but that all sounds amazing!!

And well done Euan!! Good boy!!!!! ANd good observation choccy!

My god, it's baking already!!
How're you feeling in the heat iwish? Have your feet blown up like last time?

Welcome anytime Liz smile and you iwish!

lizandlulu Sun 07-Jul-13 20:33:22

Evening all, how hot it is! I don't like it, yes I am a Mardy git, but still don't like it! Why can't we have a happy medium, not too hot, or too cold. Just 22 degrees would be fine!

The kids have been naked most of the weekend, we have been out in he day times, but as soon as we've come home they've got in he pool and spent all evening naked.

We had a BBQ last night!! First ever! Was really nice. We had fiends over who have 4 kids and they did run abit riot, but all enjoyed it.

Violet still isn't getting his toilet thing. All evening she's just been weeing when she fancies, outside so no problem, but then she poohed in the kitchen. Partly my fault as I wasnt watching her, I was sorting lulus clothes in her room, and Chris was outside with her, I think she was coming to tell me, but she just did it on he floor and lulu come and got me.

Oh, when to gainsborough yesterday. The kids played in he water fountains, lulu loved it, violet was sbit more cautious, the fountains were just her height so right in her face, but she was just happy pottering about the sides.

How have you both been?

Morning both,

All good here, Euan in currently in pants running round the garden!
First day having a go a potty training seeing as the weather is so nice and we've nothing planned this week.
We've had 1 wee this morning in his pants, so I sat him on the potty and he carried on with his wee in his pants so he's getting used to what it's for.
He'll be in nappies for sleep times though.

Glad you've had a great weekend Liz, sounds a busy one but fab! Well done on the BBQ!!
Awe, bless violet weeing and pooing ha ha. They love being naked don't they! Wish I could've run through fountains this weekend, it was boiling!

BBQ with our friends was great, everyone left around 11pm, and it was hot until then, no breeze so it was great we could all be outside.

How's you iwish??

So far so good.......
Had an accident 45 mins after the first one with his pants on the potty. I nipped inside so quickly, turned around and he was looking down and his pants were dripping, so that was my fault.
2 hours later he still hadn't weed and he was sat eating his lunch on his new deck hair I got him this morning (thought it'd be easy to clean up accidents!) Anyway, I could see a small wet patch, but he'd held it, so I pulled his pants off (he doesn't like them down, it's either on or off), started to wee again and held it until he was on the potty and then he let go grin grin grin grin grin Did his first proper full wee on the potty.
Proud mummy and daddy!

Currently in bed in a nappy, then will see if he's weed again when he gets up.

lizandlulu Mon 08-Jul-13 21:48:03

Wow he really is coming on in leaps and bounds isn't he! How did the rest of the day go?

Violets coming down with a bad hpchest again, she's slightly wheezing tonight and had to have her inhaler. Must have caught a chil at some point over the weekend while she was naked in the boiling hot westher!!

Got the health visitor coming on the 30th, I think it's then, for her 2 to 2 1/2 year check. Mum says I should tidy up abit before she comes. Cheers mum :/

It's violet birthday next weekend. Going to take her out for the day to a small people theme park, it's got loads for he under 5's and shes not been before, so think she will like it, no idea or a present tho. She only really plays with dolls and pushchairs and she already has several of both. I might get her a dolls highchair and feeding set, something like that. God knows,

Oh no poor violet hmm she's always suffered hasn't she poor little mite. Hope she feels better for her birthday. How scary they are nearly 2!!!
Sounds like fun what you're doing.
We were thinking of going to gullivers in Milton Keynes or to the beach for the day, then gullivers when the kids go back,
Not heard from our hv, I didn't realise they had a visit soon.

All going great today potty wise.
Yesterday had loads of accidents in his pants in the afternoon, and as soon as I pulled them down he held the wee in, just as we were getting somewhere. Then around 4ish he was getting better again.
(He's currently doing the treefootom moves, hilarious!)

Sorry, anyway, this morning he was the same, clamming up when his pants were off, so I just sat him in the potty in his pants and he was fine. So this afternoon after his nap (no wee in nappy yesterday or today) I decided to leave his pants off, and OMG what a difference!! He's done 5 wees since and ALL in the potty!!
A couple he started dribbling, so I put him on the potty and he finished proper wees, then one he was slightly dripping so I said do you need the potty and he walked over to it, sat down and weed himself! Over the moon.
Have just sat him down for dinner, I saw him look down and there was the tiniest dribble, so I got him down onto his potty and he weed! Feel like we're getting somewhere, but will have to tackle the pants bit once he's got this bit grin

lizandlulu Tue 09-Jul-13 20:20:57

Violet doesn't like pants. I dug some of lulus old ones out and put them on her last week, but she just looked bewildered and wanted them off.

Is alright for you, if he starts to wee you can see it coming out the end!!

No I didn't know they came out to see you again, not heard anything for ages, then the letter comes out the blue. I spose it's good we don't hear from them! If we did see them more, there might be cause for concern!

lizandlulu Sun 14-Jul-13 18:08:40

Has everyone had a nice weekend?

Iwish Sun 14-Jul-13 19:48:50

Hey ladies. I'm baaaack!

We had a lovely time and Joshua loved it! He loved the beach and loved the caravan lol. He even slept really well. The sun must be wiping him out cos he's not been getting up till 9-10am!!

How are you both? Are you enjoying the sunshine?

lizandlulu Sun 14-Jul-13 21:39:47

9-10!!! Oh my god!!!

No I don't like the sun! Things still have to be done, jobs, work etc. plus the kids burn at the drop of a hat so any tiny area I miss with the cream gets burnt! I want it cooler please.

I'm one of them typical English people, moan when it's cold and wet and moan when it's too hot. Actually I don't moan when it's cold cause I don't mind the cold, unless it's minus 5 or something ridiculous like that.

How are you feeling in this heat? It's good timing tho that as you et bigger it's going to be getting cooler.

How are you choccy???

Sod off iwish, don't like you wink
9-10!! Bloody hell! I wish we could get to sodding 10PM at the moment, never mind frikkin am!!
Glad you had a great holiday, looked lovely.
How's your bump coming along? Like liz said, at least it'll be cool for you when you're bigger.

So bloody hot in Euans bedroom it's ridiculous! He just doesn't want to be in there which I don't blame him! He's currently sitting on my lap and his body is on fire! I've checked his temp, it's 38, so ok, but he is literally like a little hot water bottle, so I'm not sure what wrong. He's not ill or anything.

So potty training has been going well, but tbh, I've put him back in nappies this morning as I don't think he's ready. I wasn't really doing it to get him out of nappies, I just thought I'd try seeing as the weather was nice and we were free last week. He's done really well weeing in the potty etc, but only because I was prompting him, he wasn't asking himself. I think I'll try again when he's drinking less. He's grasped what it's for, so that's good.

How's violets chest liz? I must admit, it is bloody hot, but I like it hot, can't stand the cold.

just bought Eueys birthday pressie don't know who's more excited. He keeps seeing it on the ipad saying car car car!! Ordered the black one. Found them elsewhere online, but this place gives a 24 month warranty whereas everywhere else is 30 days! I'm gutted as 1 week ago they were £20 less and I didn't bloody order it! Twat. Got him a number plate for it too grin
Also getting him one of these

Someone can get him a kids Henry Hoover, play doh, jcb toy and something musical like a keyboard or something. Think that's enough!

lizandlulu Mon 15-Jul-13 20:18:51

Snap!!!! We (well by we I mean Chris) has got violet a ride in car, but it's remote control rather than controlling it herself. It looks like brum. He got it a couple of weeks ago and got it all out the box, put it on the conservatory on a chair and it's been sat there ever since!

I am going to toys r us Thursday evening to get her a couple of actual presents to open. I'm thinking about a dolls highchair, dolls nappies, dolls car seat, things like that, she only plays with dolls and pushchairs.

Violets chest is about cleared up now, shes still sbit ruttly, but not as bad as she was.

Iwish Mon 15-Jul-13 20:22:20

I couldn't believe it when I woke up and it was like 9:20!

Lol liz at typical English person! I'm liking it weather cos it's not raining but it has been v v warm. I'm trying my hardest not to whinge too much.

Have you put him back in nappies or are you using pull ups? Love Eueys prezzies! Really want to get Joshua a scooter, he had a go of my friends Los scooter and he knew what do do strait away!

16 week check with the midwife tomorrow. Hopefully will get to hear the baby's heartbeat. Think I've been feeling the baby move too. Just little fluttery wriggles.

Ooooo exciting stuff iwish!
I didn't want to get a micro scooter if he didn't like it, so thought would get him the ozbozz for now.
Just using nappies again, not pulls up, apparently they confused them or something?
Bought pampers on sale in tesco, my god they are fab, they actually fit him properly so am going to get some more!

This car is parent remote too liz, don't think Euey would be able to do it himself yet, but he can control it when he knows how. Also does up to 8kmph so he's be off!
You can off road it too lol!
Glad violets chest is getting better. Are the dolls for her or really you wink

Euan has been burning hot all day and has had a lazy day snuggled upto me watching the tv poor thing. He's had a cool bath and his skin rapidly dropped in temp, wish I'd done it this afternoon! I've left him with us downstairs and he's just gone off. Good timing as robs just left to get a curry grin

lizandlulu Mon 15-Jul-13 21:01:50

Ohh ment to tell you both, someone who comes into my work was telling me about these vouchers you can get off eBay, all sorts, nestle, Palmolive, and huggies. He's bought loads, got £100 vouchers for nappies for £9.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now