Back in the Zoo for new adventures with old friends

(1000 Posts)
CaptainNemo Tue 13-Dec-11 16:25:20

Come on over animals, I think we'll be very comfy here smile

BuddhaBelly Mon 11-Mar-13 07:34:45

Snap again grin DH fell asleep and snored through 80% of it. Men!

Afternoon smile

Im just finishing off my lunch hour in work so thought i would pop in!

Im still having quite sharp cramping today and it feels very AFey so im expecting her to arrive any day nowhmm to be honest i wouldnt be entirely surprised despite the copious amount of Bding happening at the mogrin

DD has her MRI tomorrow so i may be around fretting about that later...im sure all will be fine... <chews nails>

hope you are all oksmile

BuddhaBelly Mon 11-Mar-13 14:28:48

Good luck for tomorrow, is S nervous too?

Good luck for tomorrow. She will be fine. Does she need a general? It'll be over before you know it.

gomurray Mon 11-Mar-13 18:48:10

Hey ladies, sorry for lack of posts - tried yesterday but MN as playing funny buggers and could not be bothered arguing !

Mother's Day was good - we were away with NCT ladies and kids - Evan gave me 2 cards and a lovely plaster of Paris picture he had made and painted at pre-school smile. Also got tickets to see Ronan Keating - slightly random as not a fan but hey ho - the thought was there, chocs would have sufficed !

Found out on wknd away that my friend (a very good friend) is PG with #3 - an accident sad, it hit me hard as was so not expecting it - had a rough wknd as a result '- trying to buck up a bit now and be more positive about it all going right instead of focusing on the fact that for the past year + it has all gone a bit shit. PMA, PMA, PMA !

Marbles - good luck for tomrorow xx

Can't believe we are on CD7 tomorrow Buddha - so soon !

Moomin. S shouldn't need a general hopefully as she is quite sensible for the Drs... We will see what happens tomorrow though... How's J? Ay more results yet?

Murray. Sorry your weekend was a bit poosad it's horrid getting news that kicks you in the gut despite it being good news for otherssad PMA though I agree...things WILL get better!

Buddha. How did your family dinner go? smile

BuddhaBelly Tue 12-Mar-13 18:36:37

Marbles Hope it went ok today
Murray You've been feeling low for a while now so the latest news is bound to knock you for six hmm Loving the PMA grin
Moomin How's week going? Still dancing around to the radio wink

No more results yet marbles. How did you get on today?

Are you gearing up for the weekend ladies??

Pissed off tonight. L was punched in the face yesterday in school and had her arm twisted today. I called the head and asked her to monitor. She said that L had been sensitive and was there anything at home that could be contributing to that. I'd be sensitive if someone had punched me in the face!!

Eveningsmile

Ss appt went well. She sobbed for a while as she was so scared but it was all ok in the end...just the results to nervously await now...

Moomin. Poor Lsad has she had any other school issues? Of you think she may be being bullied? angry At the heads reaction though! I would definitely keep a record of any incidents and ask to see their anti-bullying policy... We had to do this when a little girl in DDs class was being verbally abusive and making stories up about DD and it was sorted out very quickly when we started kicking up a stink about it!

How's everyone else? Buddha and murray? All ok heading towards Ov?smile

BuddhaBelly Wed 13-Mar-13 06:35:31

Marbles Bless her. Of course it's scary it's so noisy, she was v brave
Moonin OMG that's awful angry poor L, what a disgusting attitude from the head. Doesn't say much for his standards hmm What you going to do now? PTA? Put it in writing? Is it the same child?

I found it hard to stay still during my MRI and was quite afraid. Not surprised there were some tears from S. Glad it's over with. How long did it last? They usually have to sedate kids so she did really well. When will results be here?

Thanks for letting me vent ladies. Lara fine today. Definitely not bullying - two separate incidents and both unfortunately involved L. Called the head again today and she had monitored today and L had been fine. They're always a bit afraid when I start spouting child protection teacher talk. smile

Lovely day in work. We have chicks and lots hatched today - though one died. Same happened last year and it makes me very sad.

It lasted about 40 mins and they had to redo just 2 of the images so she was incredibly bravesmile I had headphones on as did she and I could still hear the loud banging so I could see how scary it would appear to someone who didn't understand as it made me feel quite nervous confused she was fine afterwards though and told everyone and his wife how brave she wasgrin

Glad L had a better day today Moominsmile and oooo chicks! Are they the cutest? I love fluffy chickssmilesad for the poor little chick who died though!

How's things Buddha?smile

They are lovely. We have twice as many as last year!

Good girl,S. Did she get a nice treat?

I took her to maccies as her treatgrin. Se asked very nicely so I couldn't refuse really!grin

Bless.
When will you get the results?

L much happier yesterday and hopefully today.

Where are you all? Gearing up for ovulation I bet grin

BuddhaBelly Thu 14-Mar-13 17:26:28

I'm here, absolutely whacked and so seeing about ttc whilst on anti bs, what do you think yes or no? I should finish them Monday I'm day 8 today. My plan this month was to dtd day 10 12 14 16 18 and 20 I read an article saying you we're more likely to conceive 2 days before ov than one day or on the day! How the hell can you judge that If its different every month shock
Moonin Glad to hear L is ok at school now and it was isolated incident
Marbles Fingers crossed for good results
Murray How you doing? Any ov signs or way too early for you?

Go for it! I def conceived with J by dtd a few days before ov. Don't they say that that's the way to conceive a boy?

BuddhaBelly Thu 14-Mar-13 19:55:58

I want a pink one! winkgrin

You can't have mine. I like her more today than the blue one. That may change tomorrow grin

BuddhaBelly Thu 14-Mar-13 21:29:12

grin

Where are you all? Stop shagging!

BuddhaBelly Fri 15-Mar-13 21:57:50

Stressing, definitely not shagging hmm

BuddhaBelly Fri 15-Mar-13 22:02:31

Dh is having problems at work again, think he will be signed off sick or out of work. Money will be extremely tight.
Acupuncturist suggested waiting 2/3 cycles before ttc, but if things go pear shaped for Dh it will be on hold indefinitely hmm
Life has such a lovely way of throwing you a curve ball

gomurray Sat 16-Mar-13 22:04:19

Buddha, any update on your DH's work situation ? Are you sure it would have to mean the end to TTC ? I know financially it would be very tight but people do manage on very little (and I would like to hope #2 is way less expensive than #1). I appreciate that there are other financial considerations such as mat leave but there are always ways round these (DH does childcare and you cut mat leave short ?..). I know that it is none of my business but I just wanted to throw in my tuppence worth that there is a shelf life for baby-making, it is such a HUGE part of your life whether you have #2 or not and money troubles come and go throughout life but you cannot put this one on hold indefinitely .... SORRY ... I am probably way out of line but am just trying to think of ways to convince you (and your DH) that you should consider continuing to TTC - I would just be so, so sad for you if this was the end of the line for you - you have been so boosted and positive of late, I'd hate to see you have to take this horrid decision. I guess I am aware that I only have a few months left before DP and I decide to give up trying and it breaks my heart to think of taking that decision, so I can feel your pain. Also, why did acupuncturist suggest waiting ?

News from here - just back from a night away with my 3 mummy friends - one just had #2, one 20 wks PG with #2 and the other 11wks PG with #2. I felt so left out and struggled with even turning up - very nearly didn't. Found out that the 2 PG girls have been meeting up without me - presumably to spare me having to listen to the PG chat, but it broke my heart that not only am I left out by not being PG but I am actually being left out because I am not PG IYKWIM ! I was gutted. However, over the course of our trip they each spoke to me about how well they thought I was doing and asked how things were going etc... good to know they care and are crossing fingers for me. The girl who is 11wks actually said she was amazed at my response to being 'last' as she reckons that she would not have responded as well if it had been me who feel PG before her. Anyway, long story short, I was in bits yesterday afternoon but am right as rain today - it is indeed good to talk !

BuddhaBelly Sun 17-Mar-13 13:47:42

Murray Definitely not out of line and so lovely to have someone who feels as passionately as I do about it smile we've got a lot of thinking to do. Dh has a meeting Wednesday so we'll know more then. He's already been offered another job but its a drop in wages plus it means he'd have to give up his second job too. Not ideal. But we'll sort something I'm sure. Acupuncturist feels I need to get "me" sorted first. It's the whole sleep/no energy issue she's worried about as coupled with other things is causing anxiousness. But as we've not got pg in the last god knows how many cycles seems a bit pointless wink
So your night away was bitter sweet, your friends (us too) obviously appreciate how brave and strong you've been through the last year or so, it's good to have that acknowledged but a shame to feel excluded, you can see why it's happened and was probably done with the best intentions but it still hurts hmm

Moonin Stopped crowing yet? wink

Marbles How you doing?

Oh and I've got mid cycle spotting what's all that about?

This thread is not accepting new messages.