What's a great birthday gift for a 5 year old?

(32 Posts)
BlueBumedFly Tue 20-Mar-12 21:32:49

DD is going to be 5 soon so what's new? She has a scooter, bike and a leapster. Loves arts and crafts but has pens galore. So what is new and fun? Money is not growing on trees obviously but any ideas gratefully received. Thanks.

God, that was rubbish too - google Skechers Twinkle Toes!

BlueBumedFly Tue 20-Mar-12 22:25:41

Very cool! Love those, thanks for reposting

MrsJohnDeere Tue 20-Mar-12 22:30:03

Have to disagree about Guess Who. We bought a cheap as chips Asda one for ds1 (£4 iirc) and he has played with it so much. Much more than stuff that cost a lot more.

Also popular
Playmobil
Dominoes
Scrabble
Standard playing cards
Top trumps
Connect 4
Lego

Bluebell99 Tue 20-Mar-12 22:33:16

I would say Lego friends, the new range of lego for girls. Sylvanian families, how about a membership of the sylvanian club, it costs £9.99 and you get two figures and four magazines over a year. I think spirograph would be too difficult. My dd is ten and still struggles a bit with it. How about a friendship bracelet wheel. OOh another thing that was popular with my kids was a butterfly kit where you send off for caterpillars and watch them change into butterflies and then release them.

BlueBumedFly Tue 20-Mar-12 22:38:20

Brilliant, thank you all, I'm going to have a great time googling all these ideas. I'm signing off now for the night but really appreciate all the posts, just about have a plan.

Wish I was young enough to get away with the sketchers myself .... smile

clarasebal Wed 18-Sep-13 19:22:55

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

clarasebal Wed 18-Sep-13 19:23:20

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now