Tearoom 35: Sun, sea and sand...

(990 Posts)
beanandspud Sun 27-Jan-13 20:33:55

This breathtakingly beautiful island has unspoilt powdery white sand beaches, crystalline turquoise waters that wash over pristine coral reefs, and verdant green rainforest.

Scuba diving, snorkelling, kayaking and sailing trips are available and you can discover the island's charms on foot (with or without Mellors the guide) by mountain bike or private island buggy.

For those in need of pampering the spa offers a selection of luxurious treatments to soothe and heal both body and soul.

For dining, enjoy a freshly prepared meal at the tearoom, a picnic on the beach, or a delicious dinner in the oceanfront restaurant with its stunning sea views. There is wine, brew and good company, everybody is welcome.

Jacksmania Fri 15-Feb-13 16:25:06

Not --> nor

UniS Fri 15-Feb-13 19:28:46

One "new " week coming right up after saturday & sunday. Hope its a better one for you JM.

beanandspud Fri 15-Feb-13 21:23:33

<<waves at everyone and sends a new week directly to JM>>

Sorry I haven't been around much, this has been a crazy week.

Took Small Bean for a curry for tea tonight, he was a star! We used to be regular customers but rarely go now that we have a small person but definitely something we will do more often on a Friday night.

Jacksmania Sat 16-Feb-13 01:19:51

Oh, curry!!! Yum. I want some. Or Thai food.
(Must be feeling better.)

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Sat 16-Feb-13 20:40:58

::Sends new week to Jacksmania::

Would anyone like some virtual wine?

Scout19075 Sat 16-Feb-13 20:46:25

Ooooh, yes please, Maud! <<Waves glass around.>>

It would be bad to drink RL wine with a sore throat, sinus headache (my face hurts) and clogged ears, wouldn't it?

JM, was JB not well for his birthday?

bean, isn't it great when they become good company? MrScout is starting to realize that SB is good company/fun/a conversationalist once he gets going. They were having lovely banter in the car today.

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Sat 16-Feb-13 20:51:15

::proffers wine in Scout's direction::

Today, I have mostly been gardening. It's really lifted my spirits.

Scout19075 Sat 16-Feb-13 20:58:37

Soaring spirits are good, Maud.

Today we went to the windmill for lunch and then bought some birthday presents (all three of MrScout's sisters have March birthdays).

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Sat 16-Feb-13 21:02:05

::Opens the jumbo pack of twiglets::

That sounds like a lovely outing. I have only been as far as the garden society's sales hut today.

Scout19075 Sat 16-Feb-13 21:10:31

I need to go to the shop for necessities (milk and ice cream being the biggies) but I don't feel like moving.

Maud, question for you regarding Guiding -- have you tried to get into Go! this week?

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Sat 16-Feb-13 21:13:03

I did some Go!ing earlier in the week and I still hate it, but not as much as I hate Join Us.

Can you put off the shop until the morning? It's late, you're not well and the sofa is comfy.

Scout19075 Sat 16-Feb-13 21:17:55

Did you have problems getting into it? I had issues all week and only managed it mid/late Friday afternoon and was so paranoid it would boot me out that I worked at warp speed and made mistakes I can't work out how to fix and got the impression that people in my district thought I was making it up. Oh well, it's done.

I'm actually on my bed, with my legs under the covers. I might get MrScout to go (we are actually out of milk so do need that for cereal in the morning).

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Sat 16-Feb-13 21:22:57

I just got into it without any problem. Being unable to rectify mistakes without going through the helpline is one of its worst features, I think.

beanandspud Sat 16-Feb-13 21:27:59

<<Coughs rather loudly>>

Did someone mention wine?

<<Proffers glass>>

Scout19075 Sat 16-Feb-13 21:28:09

It spent most of the week allowing me to log on and then telling me there was a problem so to log out and try again. And mid-week, when it did let me in to make changes it told me I wasn't able to make changes as I came on from an unauthorized machine. I mean, WHAT?!?!? This is the only computer I've ever accessed my Go! information from.

I told my superusers (who also happen to be my co-Division Commissioners and who are high-up in the district and county chains as well) of my mistake and I'll let them sort it out. It only has to do with dates, nothing major.

YAY! MrScout is going to the shop so I can stay and MN so I don't have to leave my warm, comfy bed.

UniS Sat 16-Feb-13 21:29:16

wine for you and me.

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Sat 16-Feb-13 21:32:40

Welcome to the twiglet and wine party, Bean and UniS.

Scout19075 Sat 16-Feb-13 21:37:47

Mmmm, virtual wine is the best!

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Sat 16-Feb-13 21:42:54

::Sips her wine demurely::

beanandspud Sat 16-Feb-13 21:50:26

<< Hic! >>

We have had a lovely day. Small Bean had a great swimming lesson and swum a width without stopping for the first time smile.

The boys went to watch rugby this afternoon and then some friends came over for tea. It was so nice to see the children playing together - no tears, no strops, lots of sharing and nice behaviour. I know it won't be like that every time but Mr Bean and I had a real 'proud parent' moment.

UniS Sat 16-Feb-13 22:53:46

prefer real twiglets to virtual ones... unless its twiglet surprise of course.
well done the small bean.

DH is grumping gently because I am going out tomorrow morning and leaving him with boy. and I shall be doing the same on Monday morning. - DH is off next week. I didn't realise he found it hard work having the boy all day... oh how my heart bleeds.

mistlethrush Sat 16-Feb-13 23:29:28

!!! Unis grin. DH will choose the dog over the boy anyday!

Jacksmania Sun 17-Feb-13 17:28:05

Oh lovely, a bunch of new weeks grin

Previous week went as follows: Sat 9th JB's birthday party. I had noro that might. Didn't get out of bed all dag Sunday. Dragged myself around Monday as DH was back at work. Went back to work myself Tues, feeling rather weak-ish. Weds, JB's birthday dinner. JB ill all night. Back to his normal self Thurs a.m. but then DH ill Thurs and Fri. We all finally had a good day yesterday!
I don't need a week like that again, ever.

mistlethrush Mon 18-Feb-13 20:57:15

Anyone care to share a glass of wine with me? Actually, mine's a mug as I'm camping out in the lovely budget hotel with mc so MNing on a dial-up dongle, having bought a bottle of wine so that I have some hope of some sleep at some stage despite mini and the traffic noise.....

beanandspud Mon 18-Feb-13 21:57:11

I'll join you MT - cheers! wine. Mugs of wine takes me back to my student days.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now