Tearoom 35: Sun, sea and sand...

(990 Posts)
beanandspud Sun 27-Jan-13 20:33:55

This breathtakingly beautiful island has unspoilt powdery white sand beaches, crystalline turquoise waters that wash over pristine coral reefs, and verdant green rainforest.

Scuba diving, snorkelling, kayaking and sailing trips are available and you can discover the island's charms on foot (with or without Mellors the guide) by mountain bike or private island buggy.

For those in need of pampering the spa offers a selection of luxurious treatments to soothe and heal both body and soul.

For dining, enjoy a freshly prepared meal at the tearoom, a picnic on the beach, or a delicious dinner in the oceanfront restaurant with its stunning sea views. There is wine, brew and good company, everybody is welcome.

UniS Tue 23-Jul-13 22:12:54

Good for small boy. hope he enjoys his playing at university day.

Scout19075 Tue 23-Jul-13 22:22:43

I hope the building/rooms have air conditioning or SB just may not cooperate. We've been melting and SB isn't coping well.

UniS Tue 23-Jul-13 22:54:54

hope they do, it would make a nice change for you both.

I spent an hour in Boys classroom today, it was not as hot as work, but it was rather warm and pungent with 22 children and as many adults in a temporary classroom with windows north and south.

Scout19075 Wed 24-Jul-13 23:09:04

<<Sobs>> No air conditioning in Ye Ol' University building.

UniS Wed 24-Jul-13 23:11:40

Oh dear, was it dire?

I managed to get boy to the cinema today, so we had a pleasant couple of hours of air con. Boy screamed in fright mid "monsters university" and climbed onto my lap with his finger in his ears a couple of times... Still, he said he liked it and gave it a thumbs up after wards.

Scout19075 Wed 24-Jul-13 23:13:20

Back tomorrow for Day Two (of two) of "playing at the university with the man at the university." We did go to John Lewis to soak in some cool air check out the SB toys and Scout toys before going to get the bus back home.

UniS Wed 24-Jul-13 23:44:40

Its raining here, now. lots of lovely lovely rain to top up the waterbutts.

Scout19075 Thu 25-Jul-13 07:53:21

No, not dire, just muggy. SB wasn't bothered.

I want to see Mobsters U but since SB hasn't seen Monsters Inc we won't be going. We are going to see Planes on my birthday as a treat & SB's first cinema experience.

mistlethrush Thu 25-Jul-13 16:46:27

MC still sheds a tear towards the end of Monsters Inc - wonderful film. I'm sure he's going to like Monsters university too.

Still foot up here... its starting to go interesting colours now.

UniS Thu 25-Jul-13 23:15:19

Boy has not sen Monster inc. with MU being a prequal I figured we would see that first, introduce the characters etc and then try MI on Video later in the holidays. I expect we will go to watch planes sometime too.

Scout19075 Fri 26-Jul-13 07:56:34

I was worried there would be a lot of "scaring" like at the beginning of Monsters Inc (and a bit throughout) so thought SB should be tried at home to see how he goes. He doesn't like the tractor tipping in Cars but is fine with the rest of the film.

Scout19075 Sat 27-Jul-13 21:46:00

ARGH, sinus headaches suck.

UniS Sat 27-Jul-13 21:57:57

Unis Hands scout an ice lolly and a cold flannel.

Scout19075 Sat 27-Jul-13 22:12:19

I thought it would clear when the rain finally came. I was WRONG. <<Sobs in the corner while sucking on the ice lolly from UniS>>

mistlethrush Sat 27-Jul-13 23:35:39

Scout, I'll join you, I'm thoroughly fed up too. I managed to hobble from the car park to the cafe (normally 5 mins that's not actually worth thinking about) on my own, propped myself up on the counter whilst ordering and got drinks before DH and DS arrived (they went to a different car park and walked much further). My knee feels like jelly. I have a phsio appt on Tues morning - very glad given current situation - I don't know whether to push myself or go carefully or what....

Scout19075 Sun 28-Jul-13 10:13:12

SmallBoy just told us "I'm so exciting (excited)" and "I can't wait" to go do the grocery shopping.

hmm grin

I thought the weekly shop would be a 3.9 year olds idea of hell but he's looking forward to it, apparently.

Then again, this is the boy who, as soon as he could walk, HATED sitting in the trolley but two/three weeks ago decided he likes the trolley and wants me to take a big trolley so he can sit in the seat.

mistlethrush Sun 28-Jul-13 10:20:52

When mini was small he liked shopping - and would squawk until I got a net of tangerines - or perhaps a bagel to munch on ... (of course I paid for the whole net or the entire bagel)

Scout19075 Sun 28-Jul-13 10:24:18

He's never hated shopping, it was just the enthusiasm this morning about going to "Sains-berries" that he displayed -- bouncing on his knees, squealing in delight that "I'm so exciting, I can't wait to go to Sains-berries." He told MrScout "You will go to the toy aisle with me and Mommy will do the shopping. Then I will do the shopping in the trolley and you and Mommy will push me and I will help. I'm so exciting!"

Crazy kid.

Maybe he's just looking forward to being in an air-conditioned building for an hour....

Scout19075 Sun 28-Jul-13 10:30:04

Oh, an last night's rainstorm has "come from the stormy clouds high high high in the sky. And it rained." Oh, and according to SB we're going to get into the car and drive and drive and drive and go to Pizza Hut for breadsticks and pizza.

He's very chatty this morning.

I'm learning about how the moon and sun will crash and the storm will come and clash and we'll see lightening.

mistlethrush Sun 28-Jul-13 10:37:52

He certainly seems to have decided upon today's agenda!

Scout19075 Sun 28-Jul-13 10:50:35

Seems that way. He will be disappointed that there is no Pizza Hut today but picnic lunch and sausages & mash for dinner.

Oh, and now he's using his new Brio Combine Harvester (surprise from MrScout for him yesterday) as a razor and is trying to help MrScout shave. Keep in mind he knows how to shave and to use the shaver and often likes to help the right way (or try to shave himself, which is funny). Brio in the neck is funny (though I'm sure it's not for MrScout).

beanandspud Sun 28-Jul-13 22:03:13

Evening!

Scout, SB using his combine harvester for a shaver made me smile. A couple of months ago we were away on holiday and Small Bean proudly announced that he'd done something in the bathroom beginning with 'sh' (he was learning phonics at the time). I was just about to pick him up on his language thinking it was a s**t when I realised that he'd had a 'shave' with DH's razor and had a cut on his chin to prove it blush.

MT - I do hope that you get some success with the physio, that's not much fun at all. How is MC enjoying his holidays?

We've had a lovely weekend with friends over yesterday for lunch and a big picnic today with a group of families and lots of children for Small Bean to play with. It feels like a proper summer so far, long may this glorious weather continue.

UniS Mon 29-Jul-13 22:49:18

LOL to shaving with a combine... lateral thinking there.

I got home from work today to find boy and DH had been Making cardboard armour - they never normally "do craft" on their own! Its quite good too.

I'm going to have only intermittent internet for the next week. I'll be thinking of you, have fun with out me.

mistlethrush Tue 30-Jul-13 22:41:48

Physio HURT! I was actually yelping / ouching a lot.. which was very blush as they had a big room with curtains and there was someone else at the other end... I have come away with crutches, a boot thing to order, exercises and a tubigrip to try to reduce the swelling.

MC is enjoying his holiday so far. He wasn't looking forward to this week as he'd been told that the active club wasn't any good - but he's enjoying it so that's good. Its considerably cheaper than some of the other alternatives - so we might be doing more of that one and less of some of the others! He's got a cricket week next week - and I think he's looking forward to that too.

Need bigger trainers though hmm

Scout19075 Thu 01-Aug-13 14:26:52

Ten years ago today MrScout and I met at jamboree. I had been on camp for less than an hour. I never expected to meet my husband on that trip (my first ever to the UK). I did, however, expect to have a lot of fun and meet lots of people, both of which I did and still see some of the Brits I became friends with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now