Tearoom 35: Sun, sea and sand...

(990 Posts)
beanandspud Sun 27-Jan-13 20:33:55

This breathtakingly beautiful island has unspoilt powdery white sand beaches, crystalline turquoise waters that wash over pristine coral reefs, and verdant green rainforest.

Scuba diving, snorkelling, kayaking and sailing trips are available and you can discover the island's charms on foot (with or without Mellors the guide) by mountain bike or private island buggy.

For those in need of pampering the spa offers a selection of luxurious treatments to soothe and heal both body and soul.

For dining, enjoy a freshly prepared meal at the tearoom, a picnic on the beach, or a delicious dinner in the oceanfront restaurant with its stunning sea views. There is wine, brew and good company, everybody is welcome.

Scout19075 Thu 31-Jan-13 21:30:12

It's up and down here, JM, thanks. I'm not impressed with my new blood doctor and am trying to decide if I should contact my GP and fight the hospital or not. I'm tired of medical stuff ruling my life.

MrScout just got home five minutes ago and is stressing me out. I should have gone to bed ultra early.

Jacksmania Thu 31-Jan-13 21:35:10

Men. Some days, I tells ya... some days...

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Thu 31-Jan-13 21:36:35

Just keeping admiring Mellors the sea view, ladies. Just keep admiring the view.

Scout19075 Thu 31-Jan-13 21:39:35

Unfortunately that particular view doesn't do much for me, Maud. confused

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Thu 31-Jan-13 21:45:05
Scout19075 Thu 31-Jan-13 21:50:47

Dancin' in the Moonlight It makes me think of jamboree/the summer I met MrScout. I can't believe that this summer it will be ten years....

beanandspud Thu 31-Jan-13 21:52:55

<<Tops up wine for everyone...>>

<<Hands around thanks and joins in the dancing>>

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Thu 31-Jan-13 21:55:11

::Throws shapes::

10 years already? Wow. Mind you, because we are Very Old, we have been together more than 20 years. No further comment.

beanandspud Thu 31-Jan-13 21:59:32

Maud - may I join you in the Very Old Club? We have been married 15 years this year and together for 19. I can't quite believe it - in my head I'm still about 26 grin.

mistlethrush Thu 31-Jan-13 22:02:59

I like that song Scout

JM sorry things are tough.

Mistlehound has been barking at me this evening (she was basically mute when we got her... so this is quite a change) but she had everything she needed and wasn't telling me what it was she wanted to do (if it was playing, she wasn't bringing me anything to play with). So she got told to be quiet and has gone to sleep on her bed not next to me... Don't want her to think that she rules the roost though!

MC is learning that, if you concentrate and listen at school, you get praised and rewarded... and its more enjoyable. grin

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Thu 31-Jan-13 22:03:14

Bean - In an almost-Groucho Marx kind of way, you may feel that if any club has me in it you don't want to join, but if you are really qualified for the Very Old Club of course you can! But perhaps you were a child bride?

Scout19075 Thu 31-Jan-13 22:03:29

<<Gives Maud her best Paddington Bear stare>> You are NOT Very Old.

I have had an email asking if I would like to join someone's jamboree team. I haven't decided.

We just wanna have fun.

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Thu 31-Jan-13 22:08:06

::Busts some moves::

Release your inner goddess

I am Very Old indeed, Scout.

Scout19075 Thu 31-Jan-13 22:13:37

<<Stamps foot like a petulant toddler.>> I refuse to believe it.

SmallBoy is going to his first birthday party this weekend. <<Sobs>> My baby has friends who like him enough to invite him to their parties. (Okay, to be fair, he would have been invited to his BFF's party in November had we not been in the US but this just feels different/more momentous some how.)

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Thu 31-Jan-13 22:18:11

A thick layer of Max Factor hides a multitude of sins, Scout! ::wink::

A birthday party? What a landmark.

::Joins you in shedding a tear::

I've been feeling quite maudlin in the last few days about how big and grown-up The Girl is getting.

Scout19075 Thu 31-Jan-13 22:31:59

How is the Lovely Girl, Maud?

Bean, in my head I'm still a kid. I always say my inner child is a five year old. At five I was a big girl in that I knew the important stuff like letters, shapes, numbers, colors, how to share, etc., but I was still young enough to play unencumbered and let my imagination run free.

Today my inner child was free to run along the path from town with SmallBoy, pretending to be trains and birds, to pretend we were stomping on biscuits and making them go "CRUNCH!", to play tag ("I'm going to catch you, Mommy! Hahahahahahahaha!"), to go on squirrel hunts and to listen to the birds and say "SB, they're talking to you but I don't know what they're saying -- what are they saying?"

Does anyone have a copy of Grimm's Fairy Tales that they can recommend?

beanandspud Thu 31-Jan-13 22:36:51

Scout, SB will have a lovely time! And trust me, it won't be long before you find yourself moaning about 'yet another birthday party interrupting the plans for the weekend' wink

Small Bean's party is on Saturday, I am stupidly quite nervous about the whole thing.

Scout19075 Thu 31-Jan-13 22:39:43

bean, I already think that about MrScout's family and birthdays. wink

Ooooh, Small Bean's having a party, too? grin Are you having it at your house?

beanandspud Thu 31-Jan-13 22:40:23

Just realised the irony of moaning about birthday parties and then hosting one. blush

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Thu 31-Jan-13 22:43:21

She's still officially lovely, Scout. She just isn't my rosy-cheeked toddler any more. ::sniff::

There's a beautiful version of the Grimm's Fairy Takes with illustrations by Arthur Rackham - you can find images if you google - but I don't know whether anyone sells modern reprints of it.

... And then when they get a bit older there's all the politics about who's invited to the party and who isn't. But maybe that's more a Girl Thing.

beanandspud Thu 31-Jan-13 22:45:22

<<goes all faint at the thought of a party in the house>>

No, we are using a local leisure centre. It is hopefully probably the only time we'll do a whole class party but with Small Bean joining a school where most of the children knew each other already from the nursery it felt important to include everyone until he had established close friends.

I will be ready for a large wine at 6pm on Saturday...

Scout19075 Thu 31-Jan-13 22:51:20

Like this one, Maud?

I remember my brother's first school friends party -- it was just the boys in the class invited. One of them was a PITA and my brother didn't want him but my mom was the "you can't invite all but one" sort. Said little boy punched me in the stomach (I was helping my mom with the party since I was 13). Fortunately I was wearing my scoliosis brace at the time and didn't feel a thing but the little twerp had a red hand.

I have a big birthday next year. I want a party. I haven't had a party since I was a kid.

Scout19075 Thu 31-Jan-13 22:57:48

On Saturday MrScout is going to a Guiding event that I am not. SmallBoy and I are going to go to the cool independent toy shop not far away from Guiding event to pick out a birthday present. He's already told me that G wants "Train tracks presents." Does that sound familiar?!?!?! grin

mistlethrush Thu 31-Jan-13 23:11:17

You see Scout... that birthday was several years ago for me so I don't know what you're complaining about!

MC is 8, yes 8 !!! soon.

And the Tearoom Tshirt was a 4.

This is the first one we're going down a size and aiming for a select handful.

Jacksmania Fri 01-Feb-13 00:54:42

How can MC be 8 already??

I suppose the same way that JB can be 5 in two weeks...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now