Tearoom 35: Sun, sea and sand...

(990 Posts)
beanandspud Sun 27-Jan-13 20:33:55

This breathtakingly beautiful island has unspoilt powdery white sand beaches, crystalline turquoise waters that wash over pristine coral reefs, and verdant green rainforest.

Scuba diving, snorkelling, kayaking and sailing trips are available and you can discover the island's charms on foot (with or without Mellors the guide) by mountain bike or private island buggy.

For those in need of pampering the spa offers a selection of luxurious treatments to soothe and heal both body and soul.

For dining, enjoy a freshly prepared meal at the tearoom, a picnic on the beach, or a delicious dinner in the oceanfront restaurant with its stunning sea views. There is wine, brew and good company, everybody is welcome.

UniS Fri 22-Mar-13 11:20:01

Hat off to you full time working parents. I'm finding it bloody hard to sort out Easter holiday childcare , transport and the sports stuff that boy wants to do around my working 2 or 3 days a week.

mistlethrush Fri 22-Mar-13 11:43:16

Luckily, living where we do, we have the benefit of access to several different holiday clubs - so most holidays one or other of them will be operating. Mostly we send DS on sport ones - although there's a 'hang out' one where he seems to spend all day building lego... hmm. Luckily he has got used to going from early and its sort of run of the mill for him - and not something to be worried about or anything.

Nice weather we're having! I'm at home with a cough, so at least I'm not going to go out in it.

UniS Fri 22-Mar-13 14:22:10

yeah, work being in teh middle of nowhere doesn;t help. Have sorted 3 days with childminder& 2 sports days ( doesn't run all week, only certain days). but CM can't collect from sports days and they finish at 3pm. grr.

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Fri 22-Mar-13 18:05:56

Yes, holidays can be tricky, but we are lucky to have access to a very good Playscheme which is open from something like 7.30 to 6.30 (not that I would dream of leaving The Girl there that long, but at least it is flexible).

UniS Fri 22-Mar-13 19:03:47

ohhhh, have found interesting looking play scheme in the forest not too far from work!!!! Forest school type stuff. might investigate that in May half term, got Easter covered already, 3 days with CM, and working 2 bank hols so DH can hold the fort.

beanandspud Fri 22-Mar-13 21:39:28

Hello all!

So far I have been using the school holiday club which Small Bean really enjoys thank goodness since I have no other options . It is a nightmare though trying to sort out the odd days and I am lucky that my work is fairly flexible and my boss is very, very flexible. Small Bean finishes on Tuesday and doesn't go back until the 16th April shock.

Is everyone ok? Haven't been around much and just catching up.

Jacksmania Sat 23-Mar-13 21:37:09

Hi all. We've not been having a fun spring break week, poor JB is completely miserable with seasonal allergies (still that bloody alder pollen) and fevers and cough and snotty nose and now he's been saying his legs hurt the last few days - growing pains? Or what?
Just not a happy boy.

And I'm tired and stressed and need to get my taxes done before we meet with the accountant on Tuesday, so am logging off and going to do that.

Happy weekend everyone. flowers

UniS Sat 23-Mar-13 22:24:58

Really really looking forward to a lie in tomorrow. havn't had one of those in weeks thanks to training or working weekends.

UniS Sun 24-Mar-13 18:29:04

woke at 8ish, at 8.10 the boys proximity sensor went off and we were joined by a human missile.

mistlethrush Wed 27-Mar-13 09:02:02

Bleughhhh

I got a bad cough / cold - off work Friday until yesterday, completely floored at the weekend. Unfortunately MC has caught it - I had to get up twice in the night to give him more cough linctus and pain relief and he's off to the Drs this morning with DH sad

Scout19075 Wed 27-Mar-13 15:19:24

Today's scheduled biopsy postponed. Argh.

UniS Wed 27-Mar-13 19:09:54

argh scout, thats just not fair.

I think you may need wine and the choc box to help you get over that.

UniS Wed 27-Mar-13 19:27:19

thanks
\ /
/ \
\ _/ for you MT, hope you feel better soon.

Jacksmania Thu 28-Mar-13 18:25:29

wine and flowers for everyone who needs them.

Scout - sad and angry

MT - how are you and MC today?

<inserts [feeling sorry for self] emoticon>
I had a sebaceous cyst excised from my back yesterday - very sore today. Surgeon was a very funny and nice man and super-quick but said "I would be surprised if you had any discomfort later, if you do, just take some paracetamol" - angry - I am so sore.
Going to the Vancouver Auto Show with DH later, not looking forward to walking around clambering into and out of cars.

On the plus side, it has been a week of gorgeous weather. Reminds me why I live here smile

UniS Thu 28-Mar-13 18:50:11

Unlike our week of freezing cold temps and snow then JM, er, have we got Canada's weather then? do you want it back??

Jacksmania Thu 28-Mar-13 20:28:10

Not a bloody chance. But thanks grin

beanandspud Fri 29-Mar-13 19:56:47

Still bloomin' freezing here - brrrrrrrrrrr...

brew, wine and thanks to all unwell Tearoomers.

Good news though, Small Bean managed about 20 yards 'solo' on his bike today. Hopefully with a lot of practice over the weekend he'll get the hang of it and be off!

Loving these...

grinwinksmilegrinwinksmilegrinwinksmilegrinwinksmilegrinwinksmilegrinwinksmilegrinwinksmilegrinwinksmilegrinwinksmile

UniS Fri 29-Mar-13 21:00:20

THink I'm getting the hang of this weather.

got up, got dressed
Thermal long johns, jeans, Thermal top, T-shirt, fleece and gillet. Went and hung washing on line. Got into car to go to work, saw temp was -1. Thought, oh, didn;t seem tooooo cold. Then remembered what I was wearing.

Got to work - unheated large barn. put on another hoody and overalls, hat and gloves.

Scout19075 Fri 29-Mar-13 22:40:11

I have had an absolutely shit two weeks -- new week/new month/new season can't come soon enough for me!

On a positive note, though, SmallBoy was presented with his Ducklings 2 (swim certificate) in class yesterday. He, and the little girls in his class, were all beaming with their certificates in hand. SB is definitely proud of his.

UniS Fri 29-Mar-13 23:04:32

ohh ohhh, proud swim mom corner. may i join you scout. Boy ( and all the rest of his group strangely) have passed Stage 4, as there are still 4 weeks of swim term to go, they have started work on stage 5! So yesterday off they trooped to "explore the deep end".

Scout19075 Sat 30-Mar-13 09:31:45

Well done Boy and friends!

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Sat 30-Mar-13 14:30:43

Brrr. It's still so cold here.

Happy smile everyone.

UniS Sat 30-Mar-13 19:36:17

cold out of the sun, quite nice in it today. Boy enjoyed an Easter egg hunt with a bunch of other "onlys". Clues set by an older "only", who says our "onlys" are not sociable little people.

Good morning all! Just popped in to see what was going on. At the moment I see myself more as 'carer for elderly parent' than 'mother of only child'. sad Only child is getting, perforce, more empathetic and caring.

If we are sharing swimming, Wriggle shot through Level 1 in about 3 lessons and is now joining Level 2. We are proud.

Wriggle has now come bouncing downstairs, having tired of Grandmother Sitting with CBeebies, so I have to go now.

flowers to all.

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Mon 01-Apr-13 11:56:23

LaBelle!

::bosom, clasp, bosom, clasp::

The Girl has done lots of organised activities over the years but never swimming classes, so I have no idea what level she's at, but she can stay afloat!

Enjoy the bank holiday, everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now