Nursery Fees - can I get a refund?

(4 Posts)
mummymummymillionmillion Tue 19-Nov-13 18:05:44

I can get my partner to go and get forms, I am sure they have not changed.

mummymummymillionmillion Tue 19-Nov-13 18:04:55

I do not have a copy of the paperwork but I can remember it said I needed to give one months notice. If that is the case then that would mean £144 in fees. Leaving the remainder to be refunded.

meditrina Tue 19-Nov-13 17:49:39

What does it say in the contract? Specifically about notice periods and payment in lieu?

What do you have in writing about the agreement, including financial agreement, between you and them at the time he stopped attending?

mummymummymillionmillion Tue 19-Nov-13 17:41:23

I put DS in nursery back in Feb 2013. It was a creche type nursery, I booked two mornings for 3 hours when he was 2 1/2, signed a contract. I paid £200 for upfront fees. Also a returnable £50 at the end of term. He was so distressed at being left that he scratched his face and pulled his hair out. This was £6 an hour.

First I left him for an hour and he cried all the time. Second time I left him for 3 hours, I was shocked that when I returned he was unconscionable. I decided that the nursery could not settle him and agreed with them that I would try him again when he was 3 years old, they told me to leave the funds in the account for the future.

I took him to a preschool where he settled fine. No problems.

I am having a baby so thought I could send him there in the school holidays - depending on how he is. I requested if I could try him for an hour and was told they have no places. I therefore asked for a refund. I was told that the £200 was wiped off last term. I cannot get my money back. I told them that I left funds with them in good faith but they are refusing the refund. This was a creche (turn up and leave children when you feel like it) not a proper nursery place. do you think I need to take them to court to get my money back?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now