Croydon Nurseries - Help!

(6 Posts)
GrandPoohBah Tue 28-May-13 17:26:01

It turns out that I'm going to be going back to work sooner than anticipated, and so I really need to sort out child care.

I'm returning in September, when DD will be 9 months, and I'm having problems getting recommendations from anyone I know with children as they're all lucky enough to have family to help out.

So... Does anyone have any recommendations for nurseries in Croydon? I live in Selsdon and work near Fairfield Halls, so anything between there particularly would be appreciated.

ReetPetit Tue 28-May-13 22:09:20

you may be hard pressed to find a nursery for September now for such a young child...

Try your local FIS - they can give you a list of local childminders - some will be happy to take on temporary children - if a nursery is what you want, at least you can get her on waiting lists, or you may decide to stick with a childminder if you find one your dd is happy with (i prefer childminders for children under 2 from professional experience...)

FIS may be able to let you know if any nurseries have spaces also. Generally I would say avoid the big chains, community/childrens centre types are better ime.

GrandPoohBah Tue 28-May-13 23:09:19

I know sad I wasn't planning on going back until next year, so there wasn't so much time pressure but things have conspired against me and needs must.

Thanks for the advice though.

Noseynoonoo Wed 29-May-13 22:07:29

It might be worth asking this on the Mumsnet Croydon page. Hopefully someone can help you there.

windywoo26 Fri 31-May-13 16:15:43

My DC goes to Sunshine Day Nursery (used to be called Funshine Day Nursery) in Heathfield Road. I am really happy with it and my DC loves it there.

GrandPoohBah Fri 31-May-13 21:32:01

Thank you Windy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now