Carers kissing children??

(204 Posts)
Magic69 Mon 20-May-13 19:29:45

Hi there I wanted to ask mummies how they feel about childrens key workers kissing the children.

My son's key worker met him at the annual summer fete and she picked him up lovingly and for a good 5 mintues slobbered on him, kissing him endlessly on both cheeks.

I was shocked......i didnt say anything at the time (kicking myself) but i am thinking of writing an official complaint to the nursery manager.

I felt it was inappropriate, not to mention cold sores. I personally would never kiss another child, and if i were to i couldnt slober on them incessently...surly a peck would have sufficed?

does anyone see where i am coming from?

I don't think it was 5 minutes of slobbering.

My DD is kissed by her key worker every morning. DD will go and give everyone a cuddle to say hello. I feel pleased she's so happy there and so well cared for and then I bolt for the door to enjoy my quiet morning

What a shame you can't see your DS is being looked after by a caring person.

TiggyD - you sound ace.

LynetteScavo Sat 29-Jun-13 19:08:34

If you were uncomfortable you should have taken hold of your DC and said "That's enough kisses for now."

I can't beleive you dind't do that.

To write a letter of complaint afterwards is just odd. You will greatly upset your child's key worker, who will be left wondering how much affection to bestow on your child, and my actually withdraw totally. Is that what you want from your child's key worker? Personally I think a quiet word with the key worker and the manager would be the best way to go. She may think you are a bit paranoid about germs, but while you have a good relationship she will probably respect your wishes.

notaverynicemum Sat 29-Jun-13 21:51:05

Did OP ever come back and update us with the nurserys response to her letter?

mrsyattering Sat 29-Jun-13 21:54:27

I cannot see the problem at all, our ds's key worker and nursery teacher would be lucky to escape my affectionate wee boy. He won't leave without a kiss ad a cuddle grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now