Two whole days or three half days for sanity?

(5 Posts)
ReetPetit Thu 18-Apr-13 16:22:38

thats different then - if he's already there 2 days, stick with what you have. i see no benefit in unsettling him further. on the 3rd day there may be different kids there and he will find it to suddenly be picked up early if he hasn't been up until now!!

whyno Thu 18-Apr-13 14:46:08

Thanks both. He's already in nursery two full days (9-5) as i work part time and he is quite happy so I'm not too worried about that. I'm just wondering whether I should change to half days for my own sake!

Mutley77 Thu 18-Apr-13 14:12:58

2 full days - IME the faffing about taking and fetching with a newborn means that the longer day and less often will be more beneficial to you.

If your DC1 is not in nursery already though I suggest you get moving as the break was only helpful to me when I had my second because I knew my DD (DC1) was happy and in her established routine.

ReetPetit Thu 18-Apr-13 14:03:25

3 half days probably better for a 2 year old. It depends what you mean by long days - if you are talking an 8-10 hour day, then definately the short days.
Might help your 2 year old to feel he is not being sent away in favour of the baby if the days are shorter. A full day at nursery is a very long one for a 2 year old....

whyno Thu 18-Apr-13 13:06:49

I'm having my second baby in a few months and wondering what would be better / give me most sanity once it arrives. To have my two year old in nursery two whole days a week, or three half days? Anyone have experience / an opinion?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now