Emergency childcare - any options?

(8 Posts)
EmergencyChildcare Thu 28-Mar-13 13:35:48

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

SimLondon Sat 09-Mar-13 21:04:14

Yes - lots of nurseries and childminders do emergency childcare - call round your nearest ones and there's also the option of a Nanny which might be a bit pricier.

botandhothered Fri 08-Mar-13 20:49:36

Most of the bigger nanny agencies provide emergency nannies.

Woolfey Fri 08-Mar-13 20:00:05

Hi Sherbet,
I'm in Reading, Berkshire. I posted this in the Nannies thread and had some good suggestions. Must just be bad luck that the nurseries I tried couldn't help me.

SherbetDibDab Fri 08-Mar-13 19:09:45

Our nursery takes children on this basis. Where about's are you?

lynniep Fri 08-Mar-13 12:36:48

have you any childminders in your area? sometimes they are not full on a particular day so may be able to take your children. my nursery does emergency childcare too. it may not be advertised so you need to call them.

Emmie412 Fri 08-Mar-13 12:32:13

Vetted babysitter services are available online.

Woolfey Fri 08-Mar-13 10:54:48

I've racked my brain and can't think of any options so I'm hoping someone on here might be able to help. I'm a full time SAHM with 2 DD's 1yr & 2yr. My husband is a contractor and only gets paid for the days he works. Since having DD2 I've had problems with my back and DH is having to take days off to look after the DD's meaning we don't get any income for those days. We have no family nearby and no friends who can help out. We can't keep doing this financially as it's crippling us but we can't find any childcare options that can take the DD's at the last minute and only occasionally. Does such a thing exist?

(I've also posted this in the Nannies topic)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now