Note: This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Nappy Chat #2 - from Teenies to Tuttos and all in between!

(1000 Posts)
PurplePidjin Mon 26-Nov-12 12:16:46

We're running out of room shock

Notgrownupinmyhead Wed 02-Jan-13 21:50:03

I can't drive so walk everywhere. Which is one thing I suppose!

Always a gapey leg, usually underneath slightly round the back?

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Thu 03-Jan-13 00:22:48

Slightly to the front/underneath. Bizarre, because I check every time!

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Thu 03-Jan-13 00:22:48

Slightly to the front/underneath. Bizarre, because I check every time!

Notgrownupinmyhead Thu 03-Jan-13 06:41:56

Grr at leaks! I always find them round the legs too. Dave had one now above his bum and he's now eating my t shirt.

Had a shit nights sleep thanks to dh's snoring, tossing and turning and moaning in his sleep. Sofa for me tonight I think.

2 out of 3 boys woke too but I don't mind that as they're easily sorted.

How did everyone else not sleep? grin

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Thu 03-Jan-13 06:48:59

Putting a 7lb baby in btp nappies probably doesn't help blush

10-12, 12:30-2:30, 3:30-6:30. Not bad at 6 weeks I think? Wish I knew what I was doing so I can replicate it next time!

LeBFG Thu 03-Jan-13 07:38:06

Good news Pidj. I guess the next step is wait til swelling goes down and then rehabilitation? When will they be able to make an assessment? R is sleeping really well - esp that 3 hour bit early am (just when you need it). He'll be sleeping through before you know it smile. V impressed with your fluff commitment!

Bags packed thanks for asking Notgrown up. I'm 30 weeks today - DS was born at just under 33 weeks, so it's all a bit nerve wracking! But I'm fine really.

Fit is so important when I comes to leaks - babies chub and thin up so quickly - the fit changes a lot. Even now with DS at 22 months. You have to be quite wiley to check all around the nappy.

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Thu 03-Jan-13 07:51:45

I think the swelling has gone down, at least partially, and he's got a programme of exercises to do. I assume he'll have regular appointments for physio but haven't pressed him for details, there'll be time for that in the car. He's got family to spend time with, who knows when we'll be up to the journey again?

I maintain that its easier to bung a wash in than to drag a baby to the supermarket to buy nappies! I will be buying some formula though so I can dump ds on other people for a bit wink

Notgrownupinmyhead Thu 03-Jan-13 08:06:19

I think it'll be the occupational therapist maybe too. Definitely agree about the nappy thing! The box takes up too much room too. It'll be good for you too having some free Ds time and good for him to get to know family and you and dp to have some time to yourself, on your own, away from everyone. As much as it'll be great having them round d to help there's only so much of the il's a person can take!! grin

I remember fighting with the district nurses to come and change dh's dressings after his ops, they tried to make him go to the walk in centre with a 14inch op wound that had bust open at the bottom and gotten infected. It'll be hard at first then you get used to it (appts etc) then before you know it its back to normal. Has there been chance to speak to his boss?

Currently having get ready wars with ds1. I doooooooont feeeeeel veryyy welllllll.

Getting exciting now for you bfg? How far is the hospital?

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Thu 03-Jan-13 08:40:10

I've had many a battle with receptionists trying to get home visits - for a wheelchair bound man with LD refusing to leave the house! Time to be me would be fab. MIL is always on the go, I rarely feel I can ask her to just hold ds while I wash or eat unlike my mum who's agog at his every fart!

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Thu 03-Jan-13 08:40:10

I've had many a battle with receptionists trying to get home visits - for a wheelchair bound man with LD refusing to leave the house! Time to be me would be fab. MIL is always on the go, I rarely feel I can ask her to just hold ds while I wash or eat unlike my mum who's agog at his every fart!

LeBFG Thu 03-Jan-13 08:40:18

You know Pidj, you're right - when I was using sposies it was quite a faff making sure there was always enough stocked up. It's so wonderful your DH can now relax with all his loved ones. Taking it very easy and being pampered. Great stuff.

Hospital is 40 mins away. The road is OK but one small town we pass through has a terrible road. Last time I yelped at every pot-hole, yelling at DH to drive slower! What are get ready wars Notgrownup? Are you coming down with something???

Notgrownupinmyhead Thu 03-Jan-13 09:15:40

Getting ready wars are me trying to get ds1 out if bed, dressed etc for school. I threaten him with cold water grin half an hour to eat half a bowl of cereal, 15 mins to put his shoes on. Grrrrt.

How did you get into your job pp? Do you cone across alot of difficulties getting the right care for the people you help?

Boo, bumpy roads. The roads round here are terrible, pot holes and speed bumps. We seemed to go over every single feckin hole on the way to the hospital when ds3 was coming. Wowsers

NappyHappy Thu 03-Jan-13 10:00:44

New yr name change (ngu). Wonder why some of our replies are appearing twice?

ValiumQueen Thu 03-Jan-13 15:07:10

Double posts are due to the mobile app. Open in safari and it is better apparently.

I am having mixed results with washables at the moment. Have been using disposables at night, but last night had run out so put a LL bamboo on boy, and it had leaked by 8 am. Saturated. Right through pjs and gro bag and sheets. Yet in the day they are fab, although I use pockets. I guess I need to boost more. Trouble is with his chest how it is, his head is lower than his body. I am going to have to put cot on a steeper incline to compensate. He no longer poos at night so I only change him if we are actually up. I feed him in bed and can sometimes not get up all night, even though I am awake frequently with him. Last night his breathing was awful so we had to get up to let stuff drain away.

LeBFG Thu 03-Jan-13 18:20:29

So sorry to hear J's chest is still poorly sad. My friend's DS had terrible reflux early on and had to abandon night fluffs as they made it worse lying sort of feet in air a bit. I still use sposies at night too - I tried fluff again but had tremendous leaks. He seems to but up and down with how much he pees. Sometimes the nappy can be quite dry in the morning. I hate to limit drinks as he's still so young and still needs prompting to drink in the day. So, for the forseeable, he'll overnight in cheapo sposies.

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Thu 03-Jan-13 18:50:01

Everythings in the wash so we're into angel-fold prefolds tonight shock

MrsReiver Thu 03-Jan-13 20:36:30

Hello... is it okay to crash the party?

I'm 32 weeks pregnant and going to be giving cloth a try with this baby, I've got an exciting selection due to land on my doorstep any day now. It's dangerously enabling that my friend owns an online nappy retailer grin

Pidj I've followed your thread about your DH and I'm so glad he's home.

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Thu 03-Jan-13 22:05:37

Course it is, have a brew

I like your friend you already wink

Keep your fingers crossed, im about to try the chest to crib transfer! If he's as asleep as i hope he'll stay there for a couple of hours...

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Thu 03-Jan-13 22:20:46

Oh noooo I just wrote long messages to everyone and effing phone deleted it argh!!! Brief summary:

Hello MrsR! What nappies have you got coming? And what does your friend sell?? My favourite are my bumbles from Easy Peasy Nappies with a wrap over.

Pidj great news your dp is home! Are you at mil's or yours? Have you got all the support you need from family/friends/NHS? How did it go trying R with formula? Well done on the dedication to cloth!

VQ poor J! We're using sposies at night too, no shame in it smile sometimes you just have to go with what works...

I'm sure I had written lots of other witty intelligent and helpful comments but they were deleted grin Now going to bed have got vile hacking cough lurgy and baby biscuit is keen to keep me us all night so that's not helping. Huh.

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Fri 04-Jan-13 02:53:19

We're home home. And ds just slept 4 1/2 hours in his own crib. And i got a cuddle. And we accidentally discovered that dp doesn't suffer from a certain common side effect of bp meds wink now we just need the energy to act on it

<very proud mummy>

I even managed a 2:30 folded nappy!

NappyHappy Fri 04-Jan-13 08:49:57

Morning all! I'm using an Android tab so can't use Safari on 'ere. The app wasn't working last night. Grr.

wink wink PP at the meds. Give it say a week? :-) so glad you are all home now. Phew.

Hi Mrs R!

I've got Pampers stashed away just in case. Although if ds2 carries on pooping the way he is he'll be in them as its staining everything and my windows il is fuel of fluff bleaching in the light.

Off to the Dr's in a bit so I'll be fast walking with the babies to burn extra flubber!

School run then cleaning dog shit out the carpets. Great.

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Fri 04-Jan-13 09:12:04

I have fluff on the line and more ready to go out grin

NappyHappy Fri 04-Jan-13 09:17:50

Excellent stuff it is dry enough out!

VQ, poor lamb sad Do you think another DR's trip is coming up?

Sold all my small Rikkis and bought 2 medium wraps, can't remember what make they are but they were £4.50 each which is good.

PurplePidjChickIsNotTheMessiah Fri 04-Jan-13 09:23:14

I'm gathering a bag to sell, stuff that just doesn't work for us. I've got some Mio wraps that are too small already!

LeBFG Fri 04-Jan-13 09:27:30

Hello MrsR, we're at about the same stage - I'm 30 weeks (hurrah) - how are you finding the third trimester?. I remember waiting for the newborn with my nappy stash, wondering how it was all going to work. What drying facilities have you got?

Morning NappyHappy (I'll have to get used to the nc!). One thing I'm glad about is I no longer live with carpets grin. My DSis had them when her kids were small and finally had them all ripped up - stained etc. Being a slob, easy-to-clean floors are a real boon in my life.

I'm sure the bed-sharing, making-a-rod thing for most people is nonsense. I'm sure most babies like to branch out on their own after a while. Glad to hear DS is on the right path! He must be nearly 2 months now?? Had your first smile yet?

Oh yes, I have a pregnancy-related question. When does the baby normally settle head down? I'm sure this one is moving around a lot more than the last, she's frequently transverse I think - the other had already settled head down by the 32 week scan.

This thread is not accepting new messages.