Please note: This topic is for discussions about the surveys Mumsnet is running. It's not the place for promoting other surveys or market-research requests. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss running a (largish-scale) survey about your product or business on Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED Take part in a survey about household finances and win £150 Amazon voucher

(42 Posts)
KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 11-Jun-12 09:57:19

Unum, the leading provider of Income Protection in the UK, would like to find out how you deal with your monthly household finances.

The survey is open to all UK Mumsnetters.

Everyone who takes part in the survey and who adds their details at the end will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a £150 Amazon voucher!

To take part in the survey click here.

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw.

MNHQ

ZuzuBailey Mon 11-Jun-12 14:18:51

Done. My household income looks very healthy, but that's because I have two adult working offspring living with me.

I worry very much about paying bills as they could leave home tomorrow.

Strange that alcohol wasn't mentioned in the 'what would you not like to have to do without' question grin

Done!

Ragwort Mon 11-Jun-12 19:54:04

Zuzu - that's exactly what I added in grin

oshuk Mon 11-Jun-12 21:18:32

Done! never won an argument on here never mind anything else! Here's hoping.

Dysgu Mon 11-Jun-12 22:00:17

Done - although I do agree that choosing things that would be difficult to give up was an interesting question. Some of them are things that we do not have anyway so giving them up is irrelevant.

Also identifying things I worry about - we manage reasonably well on what we bring in although we then pay out a HUGE proportion of that on childcare. I do not worry about paying childcare but NOT paying it would make a vast difference to what else we could afford - both now and in the future. That said, we need the excellent child care we currently have. However, I am not sure whether we might worry about it in the future - cannot afford a crystal ball! (So if I could have the voucher perhaps I can find on on Amazon - like this one

Pickthatupplease Mon 11-Jun-12 22:41:29

Done!

BackforGood Mon 11-Jun-12 23:22:19

Agree the 'choosing what to give up' question was difficult to answer, without being able to qualify it!

RealityIsNOTWarren Tue 12-Jun-12 07:57:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bronze Tue 12-Jun-12 08:13:34

Weird questions
I put food as one of the things I wouldnt like to give up
And why are savings excluded from the outgoings but food is included in the £85

MoaningMajestyReignsAgain Tue 12-Jun-12 12:32:39

Done. I wondered why utilities weren't included in the £85 because I could probably afford to feed us but the fuel costs to cook the stuff would matter a bit!

Nagoo Tue 12-Jun-12 12:53:20

I thought the £85 was weird, because I could afford food, but not the petrol for DH to go to work, but he wouldn't be going to work, would he? But we both work, the question was a bit irrelevant.

LulaPalooza Tue 12-Jun-12 14:22:41

I found Q 6 a bit weird -
"6. a) How long would you expect your employer to pay you for if you were unable to work due to illness or injury?

b) and if you have a partner how long would your partner expect their employer to pay your partner for if he/she were unable to work due to illness or injury?

Expectations and reality are different things! I know that I am entitled to 6 months' full pay and six months' half pay (generous employer) and I would expect them to honour that as it's contractual. I aklso have an expectation that employers in general should bear some of the financial burden for employees on long term sick leave.

Mr Palooza is not entitled to any sick pay above stat minimum but in an ideal world I would have an expectation that his employer would cover at least some of our losses. Ain't never gonna happen though!

foolserrand Tue 12-Jun-12 18:12:51

Done. grin

Done

EllenParsons Wed 13-Jun-12 05:56:37

Done

Done

kookenhaken Wed 13-Jun-12 07:13:38

Done

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now