Please note: This topic is for discussions about the surveys Mumsnet is running. It's not the place for promoting other surveys or market-research requests. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss running a (largish-scale) survey about your product or business on Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at insight@mumsnet.com.

NOW CLOSED: Take a survey about cooking with rice and you could win £250 of John Lewis vouchers

(153 Posts)
AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 30-Sep-11 10:14:41

We've been asked by Tilda to find out how you feel about cooking with rice. Please take the survey linked to below - it's open to all Mumsnetters in the UK

Everyone who takes the survey and adds their details at the end will be entered into a prize draw where one lucky MNer will win £250 of John Lewis vouchers.

Here's the link

In addition, if you're interested in joining the Tilda Taste Panel please email insight@mumsnet.com and we will pass on your email address and details to the team (no obligation but you will be sent information)

Thanks
MNHQ

midnightexpress Fri 30-Sep-11 10:21:59

Done. But panic attacks and dizziness when cooking rice? Seriously? confused

sparklystar Fri 30-Sep-11 10:22:01

Done

Madlizzy Fri 30-Sep-11 10:22:12

Done. :D

Gincognito Fri 30-Sep-11 10:23:06

Question number five is very peculiar!

I think it needs a question on how you cook rice. We have a rice cooker (dh is Japanese) so cooking rice is easy peasy. Cup of rice, water up to the line, press the on button. We wouldn't eat nearly as much rice without one.

midnightexpress Fri 30-Sep-11 10:26:54

Yes, we do too gincognito - I blimmin love my rice cooker, and never cook rice without it.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 30-Sep-11 10:29:56

Gincognito - good point...do share tips here [school of rinse under cold tap, boiling water, boil, drain, serve in this household!] and occasional microwave pack

Purplebuns Fri 30-Sep-11 10:30:45

Done, what is hard about cooking rice? + Scared of a tin of tomatoes pmsl

JeremyVile Fri 30-Sep-11 10:34:52

That is the oddest survey...

Gincognito Fri 30-Sep-11 10:39:44

We rinse thoroughly and stand the rice in the water for at least 10 mins before cooking. We also allow it to stand after cooking for a while as my dh swears all this improves the flavour hmm. What's more, when I make my hmm face he claims that I don't have the required sensitivity of the soul or artistry to speak the language of rice. To be fair he can get the rice/water ratio correct by communing sight alone.

zipzap Fri 30-Sep-11 10:44:23

Done.

AnnMumsnet [whispers] unless you are thinking that there are lots of us out here with poetic pottery it might be worth changing the 'cupbard' in q6 wink

Nyx Fri 30-Sep-11 10:53:23

Done.

An0therName Fri 30-Sep-11 10:56:50

I agree panic attacks seems most unlikly - my DH doesn't cook rice through as he feels it he gets it wrong
I soak before hand too, add smallish amount of water and also normally let it stand

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 30-Sep-11 10:58:59

cheers zipzap!

I would love to see the results of this one. I suspect Tilda may be looking for an issue which isn't really there.

<snigger> at Panic Attacks.

OvO Fri 30-Sep-11 11:14:16

Rice is my nemesis. But even I don't have panic attacks!

lisad123 Fri 30-Sep-11 11:14:18

hehe scared of tinned tomatos and onions grin was half tempted to put i was wink

AmberLeaf Fri 30-Sep-11 11:31:02

Done.

Odd survey, obviously some people have issues with cooking rice!

bamboostalks Fri 30-Sep-11 11:37:45

Bizarre questions there. Which food are you scared of? Er...am terrified of celery, jaffa cakes, the list is endless. I am quivering with fright in my kitchen.

Kveta Fri 30-Sep-11 11:47:20

that is a bizarre survey. does nobody do the 2 parts water to 1 part rice cooking method? I tend to bung one mug of rice and 2 mugs of cold water in a pan, cover it, let it boil until i remember it, then turn the heat off until it is cooked through. although it occasionally sticks a bit, it is perfectly cooked.

poppyandsneeze Fri 30-Sep-11 11:47:53

Have completed the survey, really odd though, some people must have real problems with cooking rice.

lubeybooby Fri 30-Sep-11 11:49:57

Done!

I have issues with cooking rice. When I do it from scratch it ends up weird and squdgy no matter what I do. Rinse first, don't rinse, absorbtion mehtod, or too much water and then drain method...whatever - I always end up with crap rice.

AmberLeaf Fri 30-Sep-11 11:53:03

Kveta, I always use the absorbtion method, I dont measure as such [Im such a pro grin ]

I always rinse well first too.

LoonyRationalist Fri 30-Sep-11 11:54:26

Done,

Question on how long does it take to cook rice - surely depends what type of rice. All in all a hugely bizarre survey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now