Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

Mr Muscle Touch-Up cleaner reviewer feedback thread NOW CLOSED

(561 Posts)
AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 19-Aug-13 10:04:00

This thread is for the 400 Mumsnetters trying out the new Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner.

Here's what Mr Muscle say about the product: "Mr Muscle® Touch-Up Cleaner offers a fast and convenient solution to kill 99.99% of bacteria and to clean the most frequently used surfaces in the home. The inventive new design makes it easy to clean surfaces and kill bacteria; simply push down on the pump to apply the formula onto a cleaning material such as a paper towel, cleaning cloth or sponge. Then, just wipe the surface clean."

Below are a few questions we'd like you to answer but please feel free to add your own comments too. Please also let us know which Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner you're testing.

- How easy or difficult did you find the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to use?
- How effective did you find Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?
- Did you find that you used Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner more regularly than your other cleaning products or not? If so, how often did you use Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?
- The RRP for the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner is £2.99, do you think you'll be likely to buy it again or not? If so, why? If not why not?
- Mr Muscle Touch-Up cleaner is currently available for the kitchen and bathroom. Would you like Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner for other areas of your house? If so, which areas?
- What did you like most about Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?
- If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to your friends/family? If so why? If not, why not?

Everyone who was part of the test and who adds their feedback to this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will get a £250 John Lewis voucher as a thank you.

Thanks,

MNHQ

PrincessYoni Wed 02-Oct-13 20:49:26

Yay! smile thank you so much!

AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 02-Oct-13 17:12:25

Thanks for all your comments. The winner of the prize draw is PrincessYoni smile Congratulations - I'll PM you for your details shortly.

Coconutty Sat 28-Sep-13 23:28:50

Having had my bathroom one for a few weeks now, it's actually been pretty invaluable in their, so much so that I have now bought another one for the downstairs loo. It was on offer at half price and seemed too good to miss.

It is also fab on the mirrors, what a great product!

Jenstarplus1 Sat 28-Sep-13 23:25:42

- How easy or difficult did you find the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to use? Very easy I like the design
- How effective did you find Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner? Quite effective on sinks and ok on taps
- Did you find that you used Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner more regularly than your other cleaning products or not? Yes because it was to hand If so, how often did you use Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner? Daily
- The RRP for the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner is £2.99, do you think you'll be likely to buy it again or not? If so, why? If not why not? I think it's expensive but good. I tend to buy cleaning products when they're on offer
- Mr Muscle Touch-Up cleaner is currently available for the kitchen and bathroom. Would you like Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner for other areas of your house? No i dont think so. If so, which areas?
- What did you like most about Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner? Design and ease of use. Smells nice too.
- If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to your friends/family? If so why? If not, why not? Yes I'd tell them about it.

petewj Fri 27-Sep-13 17:55:58

Very practical, smells good and works! I'll be getting one for the kitchen too!

LilMouseyBrown Fri 27-Sep-13 16:52:40

How easy or difficult did you find the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to use?
I found it handy to carry room to room to do general, little cleaning jobs. It is quite easy to use, and you get as much or as little of the product as you need.
It was good at removing most types of stains or dirt.
- Did you find that you used Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner more regularly than your other cleaning products or not? If so, how often did you use Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?
I wouldn't say I used it more, as the spray type cleaner is a different type of product, and can cover a wider area.
- The RRP for the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner is £2.99, do you think you'll be likely to buy it again or not? If so, why? If not why not?
I don't think I would buy it in this format, as I am used to using the spray type cleaners. I may buy some occasionally, just to keep one to hand.
- Mr Muscle Touch-Up cleaner is currently available for the kitchen and bathroom. Would you like Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner for other areas of your house? If so, which areas?
Not, really, I think between those two cleaners, they have got it more or less covered.
To start with I liked the idea of the touch top bottle, but it is only really useful near to the kitchen sink for the odd little cleaning job.
- If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to your friends/family? If so why? If not, why not?
I don't think so, no. There are just better cleaners on the market already.
I think it's just the novelty of the bottle, which some people might like.

Huffpot Fri 27-Sep-13 16:22:05

- How easy or difficult did you find the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to use? Really easy to use
- How effective did you find Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner? Fairly effective on a low level of dirt but not much good on anything built up
- Did you find that you used Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner more regularly than your other cleaning products or not? If so, how often did you use Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner? Less I think - probably 5/6 times compared to other cleaners
- The RRP for the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner is £2.99, do you think you'll be likely to buy it again or not? If so, why? If not why not? A bit expensive for what it is
- Mr Muscle Touch-Up cleaner is currently available for the kitchen and bathroom. Would you like Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner for other areas of your house? If so, which areas? Maybe one for the kids room
- What did you like most about Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner? I loved the design of the bottle
- If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to your friends/family? If so why? If not, why not? Maybe...would be the price that would affect recommendations

macandcheesewithbaconbits Fri 27-Sep-13 09:57:57

very easy to use, self explanatory.
Effectiveness- great on minor dirt/grime needed more oomph for harder work. But it is unlikely that I would use this product for heavy duty.
I used it instead of my regular work top cleaner for daily use. But used my heavy duty cleaner once a day as well.
£2.99 is the top end, I pay this for method but you get a lot more product. I would therefore only buy this on offer.
I like the no hands approach and easy dispense the best.
Yes I would mention it and recommend it in conversation if new cleaning products came up. I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it.

MrsKwazii Fri 27-Sep-13 01:29:22

I've tested the bathroom cleaner. I've found it very easy to use, handy to keep out pn the windowsill and use for those little clean-up jobs as they arise - very useful when you have a toddler who ocassionally gets her position on the loo wrong!

I've found it effective at cleaning up across the bathroom - walls, floor spots and sanitaryware. Have definitely used it more than my regular cleaner as it's handy to clear up bits you spot that need doing there and then.

£2,99 is a little more than I'd normally spend on something so small. Would be more likely to biy at £1.99 or if on offer at similar price. Would also like a refill option to save on waste packaging. Ibthink a kitchen and bathroom version covers most needs. I would recommend it as a handy cleaning product, I like it as you can leave it out on display, it doesn't take up much room and is an effective product.

jennywren123 Thu 26-Sep-13 22:11:39

Thanks for picking me to trial this product. I tested the bathroom touch up cleaner.

How easy or difficult did you find the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to use? It was really easy to use. I’ve seen this type of dispenser before, so new exactly how it would work. There’s no mess and no wasted product. I really like it.

- How effective did you find Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner? It was effective to clean up marks which were fairly new and just needed a wipe. I did feel that the product wouldn’t have been too effective on heavy duty cleaning.

- Did you find that you used Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner more regularly than your other cleaning products or not? If so, how often did you use Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner? Yes, I used it a lot more regularly. I pretty much used it every day. It has made keeping the bathroom cleaner much easier as it’s handy.

I might buy it again, although it is quite pricey. I’d like to buy the kitchen one too.

I think it lends itself to kitchen and bathroom, but I guess you could have one which is more like a polish for damp dusting?

- What did you like most about Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner? The dispenser.

- If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to your friends/family? If so why? If not, why not? I would, although I’d have to mention that it isn’t cheap.

amz12 Thu 26-Sep-13 18:47:42

I've been using the kitchen cleaner

Really simple, although I prefer the spray, as the dispenser tends to over spill sometimes if don't have the cloth over it properly!

Its pretty good and does the job effectively

Probably a bit more than the other just for a quick wipe down.

At £2.99 its way to expensive, as it didn’t really last for long, so maybe if its on sale I just might consider it.

My husband would love one for his car, to keep it forever shining.

It is effective, reasonably priced and doesn't take up as much room as other cleaning products and the bottle is nicely designed.

Yes, why not but I would mention while it is good it is a bit expensive

thesoupdragon44 Thu 26-Sep-13 11:15:17

I have the kitchen cleaner
It was incredibly easy to use

I found it very effective on all surfaces

I use this to clean my worktops before preparing food, so that I know everywhere is 100% clean

I think this is a bit pricey and I would buy it again but not at this price only when its on offer.

I think windows would be good

the smell and the knowledge it kills all the germs

I have been recommending this to lots of friends and family as I find it so useful and easy

littlemonkeymum Wed 25-Sep-13 19:50:20

I found it very easy to use
How effective did you find Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?
As good as anything else I have used
Did you find that you used Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner more regularly than your other cleaning products or not? If so, how often did you use Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?
Yes, it is handy to have sat around ready for a quick clean
The RRP for the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner is £2.99, do you think you'll be likely to buy it again or not? If so, why? If not why not?
It is a little expensive so would probably only get it if it was on offer
-Mr Muscle Touch-Up cleaner is currently available for the kitchen and bathroom. Would you like Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner for other areas of your house? If so, which areas?
Can't think of anywhere else
What did you like most about Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?
I liked the design & the smell was pleasant
If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to your friends/family? If so why? If not, why not?
Yes, is a very convenient & handy product & smells nice

RugBugs Tue 24-Sep-13 20:51:15

We've been testing the kitchen cleaner.
I say we because DP had never cleaned a kitchen surface until I showed him this. He happily uses the cleaner with some kitchen roll to clean up after himself now.
I'd resent paying full price for it but I'd buy it anyway if DP kept using it.

celestialbows Tue 24-Sep-13 18:15:15

I received the kitchen cleaner, it was simple to use.

It worked well on most of the stains and surfaces.

I used it as part of my usual daily routine then for spot cleaning when accidents occurred .

Possibly, I tend to be a bit of a discount store shopper so I'd be more likely to buy it if it were on offer.

The carpet, I have small children so no matter how prepared I am the carpet always gets a bit of a battering.

The pump action

Yes I would because the pump action is marginally better for spot cleaning than traditional sprays and the citrus fragrance was a nice change from chemical smells.

muffinheaven Tue 24-Sep-13 18:01:54

I was sent the bathroom cleaner, and have since purchased the kitchen cleaner as I was impressed with the bathroom one.

It was very easy to use, ready to use after a couple of pumps.

It was effective on minor marks. I found if I wiped the sink or taps soon after the marks were made it was easier to wipe off than if the marks had been there a day or so.

I am finding that I am using Mr Muscle touch up cleaner more regularly than other cleaning products, probably daily. As I said in previous question, it seems to work better if used more often and it has just become a habit now for me to wipe things down more often.

I think it is quite expensive at £2.99. I have bought the kitchen one on a half price offer so I will probably just stock up when there are offers on rather than pay full price.

No, I think it is a product most suited to kitchens and bathrooms.

I like the fact that it is quick and simple to use, doesn't take up much space and you can just use a bit of loo roll or kitchen roll rather than fetching a cloth.

Yes, already have done !!

I had the kitchen cleaner:-

Very easy, couple of pumps and its ready to go.

Its good for a quick wipe over, but didnt find it great with tougher bits on the worktop or hob.

Did you find that you used Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner more regularly than your other cleaning products or not? If so, how often did you use Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?
Right, well I had already bought the Bathroom one which I use daily, very useful, I just grab a piece of kitchen roll and away i go, but the kitchen one, to be honest not as much, I found it quicker to just squirt my normal cleaner as it is better on tougher stains.

The RRP for the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner is £2.99, do you think you'll be likely to buy it again or not? If so, why? If not why not?
The bathroom one I will definately buy again, not so sure about the kitchen one as I fear it may not get used as much.

* Mr Muscle Touch-Up cleaner is currently available for the kitchen and bathroom. Would you like Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner for other areas of your house? If so, which areas? *
Cant think of anywhere else you`d use it to be honest.

bathroom one, ease of use and very convenient, does what you want it to do, both had pleasant fragrances though.

*If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to your friends/family? If so why? If not, why not?
Bathroom one yes, kitchen one I`m not so sure about it doesnt really do anything.

burwellmum Tue 24-Sep-13 17:25:58

I had the bathroom cleaner.
Easy, very convenient.
Okay but didn't replace a proper clean with a spray.
I suppose I did but for little clear ups rather than a proper clean
Gimmicky - I still used my spray so certainly wouldn't pay the rrp.
Not really unless it was a good spot carpet cleaner.
Ease of use.
Overpriced so probably not.

Ohhelpohnoitsa Tue 24-Sep-13 17:09:51

Sorry, only just remembered to add feedback. I love this cleaner and the smell and its effectiveness but afraid I poured it in to a spray bottle. I am a bit if a clutter-free person and hate things out on the side so I definitely wouldnt leave it out, however convenient. I love the fluid but the bottle is a gimmick really and at 2.99 I would inly buy it on offer. I think many people will live the touch bottle but may refill it with othrr cleaner at 2.99 a go.

Yiasemi76 Tue 24-Sep-13 11:13:28

I received the bathroom cleaner and found it very easy. It sits on the window sill and use it with a bit of tissue to wipe over the toilet when needed.

I found it good but not much different to having another disinfectant cleaner only that it is more discreet.

Yes I used it more often especially for the toilet area, because it is so easy to use.

I think it is quite pricey for what it is, if it goes on offer then would definitely buy it.

Mr Muscle Touch-Up cleaner is currently available for the kitchen and bathroom. Would you like Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner for other areas of your house? If so, which areas?

I can't think of any other areas at the moment, think they are more important areas to keep clean.

Small, compact and discreet.

If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to your friends/family? If so why? If not, why not?

Yes, because it is easy to use.

Honestly, I'm not keen on it. I find using a good old spray bottle and a leather chammy cloth far more convenient (and more environmentally friendly).

I'm using the kitchen cleaner, and yes it is convenient by just leaving it on the side to use with a paper towel, but I don't like having to use this and another product for stuck on marks.
You can't spread it up as much as a spray as its confined to the one spot on the towel versus a whole area.
I go through a spray bottle every 2 weeks, I'd be lucky if this lasted a week.

Easy to use.
Wouldn't use it for a whole kitchen clean, just for odd spills or marks.
I used my normal spray more regularly.
I think it's well priced, but I'd still use more competitively priced products.
Liked the smell.
Wouldn't recommend as I don't really see the point of it if you've got to use a spray aswell.

celebmum Mon 23-Sep-13 14:54:45

Im using the kitchen cleaner.
I am actually quite impressed, I like the style of the bottle and innovative pump feature. Much better than a spray bottle in my opinion. Its very easy to use and i have been leaving the bottle by the sink and used 2/3 times a day (after mealtimes!) much handier than storing under sink! smells lovey, is a really good product too not just a fancy gimmick. my only critisim would be that a little does not really go a long way. my kitchen takes approx 10 pumps onto a dishcloth.. times this by 3x a day and my 240 approx pumps would be used up very quickly! grin

V easy although I / the walls did get squirted a few times before getting the hang of covering the top completely!

Good for regular cleaning. Dried on stuff I think you need something to spray on and leave, but that is not the point of this product

Probably every few days, I keep forgetting about it and using wipes, but I prefer the idea of this, seems less wasteful

Yes I already have (but it was half price in tesco smile)

A furniture polish version would be great

Smell of the bathroom one. Subtle bottle design

Yes, it's v handy for quick jobs

I had the kitchen one in the trial but as I didn't receive any emails to tell me I'd been selected I'd bought a bathroom one before it arrived! Def prefer the smell of the bathroom one, the citrus kitchen is a bit too sickly smelling / tangerine for me, I would have expected a sharper lemony smell

Thanks very much for letting me try this.

It was very simple to use, but as I don't keep cloths in the bathroom and don't like cleaning with loo roll I don't think I used it as much as I might have if cloths were kept to hand. I kept wishing it had little pads in a holder underneath! I ended up cutting up a couple of j-cloths into smaller squares and keeping them in the medicine cabinet. Once I did this I used it more, particularly on things like toothpaste blobs in the sink, and to go over taps.

When I did use it I found it very effective and it smelt lovely and clean.

Initially no, but once I put some cloths in the bathroom I used it daily, at least once, occasionally more. I think I would have used the kitchen one far more as the kitchen has more spills/areas to clean frequently than the bathroom as it is used more.

I don't think I'd buy the bathroom one again, simply because it doesn't really fit with the way I clean in there. I tend to use cloths once then throw them away, so I store them in the utility room and take one up when I clean the bathroom. I would definitely buy the kitchen one however, as that would fit in better with the way I clean in there.

The playroom - an anti bacterial pump for cleaning up after children, would be great.

Ease of use (once I had a cloth!)

Yes I would.

I have been using the kitchen cleaner. And love it!

Very easy to use, and lovely smell.

It has been brilliant on my kitchen worktops. We've got stupid high gloss veneer ones, that show up every water mark. This product leaves them all shiny and gorgeous!

- Did you find that you used Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner more regularly than your other cleaning products or not? If so, how often did you use Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?I've been using it each time I clean down the worktops. So after every meal. And because it works so well I do all the worktops as I can see the cats footprints on the worktops that I haven't actually used IYSWIM!

I will, but probably not at full price, or in addition to other cheaper products.

The smell and packaging.

I already have, and both my Mum and SIL have purchased some on the back of my comments!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now