Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

Mr Muscle Touch-Up cleaner reviewer feedback thread NOW CLOSED

(561 Posts)
AngelieMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 19-Aug-13 10:04:00

This thread is for the 400 Mumsnetters trying out the new Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner.

Here's what Mr Muscle say about the product: "Mr Muscle® Touch-Up Cleaner offers a fast and convenient solution to kill 99.99% of bacteria and to clean the most frequently used surfaces in the home. The inventive new design makes it easy to clean surfaces and kill bacteria; simply push down on the pump to apply the formula onto a cleaning material such as a paper towel, cleaning cloth or sponge. Then, just wipe the surface clean."

Below are a few questions we'd like you to answer but please feel free to add your own comments too. Please also let us know which Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner you're testing.

- How easy or difficult did you find the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to use?
- How effective did you find Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?
- Did you find that you used Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner more regularly than your other cleaning products or not? If so, how often did you use Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?
- The RRP for the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner is £2.99, do you think you'll be likely to buy it again or not? If so, why? If not why not?
- Mr Muscle Touch-Up cleaner is currently available for the kitchen and bathroom. Would you like Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner for other areas of your house? If so, which areas?
- What did you like most about Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?
- If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to your friends/family? If so why? If not, why not?

Everyone who was part of the test and who adds their feedback to this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will get a £250 John Lewis voucher as a thank you.

Thanks,

MNHQ

HoneyDragon Mon 19-Aug-13 19:40:33

Got mine. Only used it quickly so will come back. Thus far

I like the smell

I'm not keen on the packaging, it looks a bit cheap and like something you'd find in the DIY shop for unblocking your drains. Which is a shame as the actual bottle is very pretty.

Hopelass Mon 19-Aug-13 20:11:20

Not received mine yet either - marking my place smile

Waiting for mine too - thought it had arrived as the neighbour had a parcel for me but it was something else.

sharond101 Mon 19-Aug-13 21:34:42

Still waiting here too.

2tfrutti Tue 20-Aug-13 07:43:32

I received the bathroom version. At first I wasnt quite sure when I would use it but I've found it is replacing wipes. Though £2.99 is fairly expensive for a cleaning product I think it will work out cheaper than the wipes in the long run. I may be mistaken but maybe more environmentally friendly than wipes as well? Product was effective at cleaning and I'm happy to leave it out in the bathroom, though not sure I would leave the kitchen one on display.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Tue 20-Aug-13 09:56:01

still waiting <sang in Diana Ross stylee>

phantomhairpuller Tue 20-Aug-13 10:03:32

Not received mine yet but marking my place grin

BumpyS Tue 20-Aug-13 10:38:44

- How easy or difficult did you find the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to use? Very easy and practical (i had the bathroom one)
- How effective did you find Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner? Effective. I have been using it for 4 days now and happy with the cleaning result and smell. However, I do not find it very different from the regular Mr Muscle products (apart from packaging)
- Did you find that you used Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner more regularly than your other cleaning products or not? If so, how often did you use Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner? More regularly because it is outside, easy to reach. My regular cleaning products are in the cupboard as they are not nice on looks to display
- The RRP for the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner is £2.99, do you think you'll be likely to buy it again or not? If so, why? If not why not? I would, but likely to wait for promotions and probably more for kitchen than bathroom. I think the kitchen needs more "touch ups" during the day than the bathroom
- Mr Muscle Touch-Up cleaner is currently available for the kitchen and bathroom. Would you like Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner for other areas of your house? If so, which areas? no
- What did you like most about Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner? Packaging, easy to use
- If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to your friends/family? If so why? If not, why not?
Yes I would. It is quick and easy to use

HeySoulSister Tue 20-Aug-13 14:22:42

i'm still waiting too.....housework on hold,come on postie!!

TallulahTT Tue 20-Aug-13 15:17:59

I was about to leap up and clean but I'm still waiting and I don't know if it will be bathroom or kitchen so I may as well leave both for now.

Sparkles23 Tue 20-Aug-13 18:38:20

- How easy or difficult did you find the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to use?
Very easy to use

- How effective did you find Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?
Very effective and pleasantly surprised that it was effective on mirrors, I usually have to use separate glass/window cleaner for mirrors in bathroom

- Did you find that you used Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner more regularly than your other cleaning products or not? If so, how often did you use Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?
Yes because it was so easy to use and I could quickly clean sink with it in no time at all, I usually give the bathroom a quick going over in the evening but did so in the morning too and it took no time at all.
- The RRP for the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner is £2.99, do you think you'll be likely to buy it again or not?
I think that's very reasonable so yes as long as it lasted quite well which I think it would, I would definitely buy the kitchen one I think (as long as its as good) even more so than the bathroom as that requires more touch up cleaning but will happily get both
If so, why? If not why not?

- Mr Muscle Touch-Up cleaner is currently available for the kitchen and bathroom. Would you like Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner for other areas of your house? If so, which areas?
No I think bathroom and kitchen are the areas which require touch up cleaning daily, other areas can be dusted/polished once a week!

- What did you like most about Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner?
The effectiveness, ease of use and loved the packaging, looks nice in the bathroom!

Yes certainly, for reasons above and it has a lovely clean but subtle smell

Gen Tue 20-Aug-13 19:01:19

I received my Mr Muscle cleaner on Saturday and have been using it. So far very impressed with it.

It is easy to use. Just put your cloth on top and push down - done
Very effective - the top of the hob is sparkling with just a quick wipe down. My daughter was able to use it after making a mess with printing a t-shirt on the kitchen floor!
I think I will use it more than other cleaning products because of the shape of the bottle you can leave it out on the work surface in the kitchen, so just easy to use.
Depends on how long it lasts as to the cost effectiveness of it. Be good if they sell a refill cheaper.
I think I'd use this one on other areas e.g. coffee/dinner tables, patio furniture. I'd use it as an all in one cleaner anyway
The style of the bottle can be kept on the work surface so not hunting in cupboards for it - so easy to just quickly mop up any spills/mess. Would want two one in the kitchen and one in the bathroom
Yes I would recommend it - easy to use, suitable for everywhere and kills bacteria. Great product so far.

Marking my place for when it arrives.

Mummyadventure Tue 20-Aug-13 23:30:45

I am really getting on with it. I have found it very easy to use and very effective. We have the bathroom one and my bathroom gets pretty filthy with three boys but this does seem to be handling it well.

I like the look of it, and it doesn't stand out as a cleaning product in the bathroom but my 2 year old thinks it looks like a drink and he is desperate to play with it which is putting me off ever so slightly. Obviously I keep it well out of his reach but he has never reacted like that to a cleaning product before.

I think for the price it is retailing at I would be more likely to look out for it on offers and stock up then although it is not infeasible that I would pay that price as I do like the product.

GW297 Tue 20-Aug-13 23:56:06

Redkites - I saw this thread and was disappointed that I hadn't been chosen too but then I read your post and checked my junk folder. I hope it arrives tomorrow - looking forward to trying it out and giving feedback!

elizaco Wed 21-Aug-13 08:57:46

I've been testing the bathroom touch-up cleaner.

- I found it easy to use. I liked the idea of the "press-down" top. Simple to get just the amount you need without spraying excess everywhere.

- I found it very effective. It cleaned brilliantly.

- I used it as much as I normally use bathroom cleaning products.

- I think £2.99 is quite a reasonable price for the product, so yes, I will probably buy in the future.

- I think having a choice of kitchen or bathroom is quite sufficient.

- I liked the bottle. I thought it was discreet.

- Yes, I would recommend it (not that bathroom products come up in conversation very often!!)

Thanks for including me in the trial :-)

WheresMyCow Wed 21-Aug-13 09:16:13

Still waiting here too...hope it arrives before I go away, my kitchen desperately needs some touch up's grin

sad I STILL haven't received mine yet!! actually want to clean for once! lol

snorris Wed 21-Aug-13 09:59:58

Glad I'm not the only one waiting smile .

marmitebear Wed 21-Aug-13 10:25:16

I got mine at the weekend and have used it a few times now. Going to answer the questions below but just want to say that this product is great for asthmatic's like me who are not a huge fan of sprays.

- How easy or difficult did you find the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to use? Very easy to use. Pump delivers a good amount.
- How effective did you find Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner? A little does a lot. Really simple to use.
- Did you find that you used Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner more regularly than your other cleaning products or not? If so, how often did you use Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner? Yes, think I will use it more often than usual as the novelty of something different is appealing but it's also nicer for me to use than a spray.
- The RRP for the Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner is £2.99, do you think you'll be likely to buy it again or not? If so, why? If not why not? Yes, will buy again.
- Mr Muscle Touch-Up cleaner is currently available for the kitchen and bathroom. Would you like Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner for other areas of your house? If so, which areas? A kitchen one would be good, for keeping on the counter top.
- What did you like most about Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner? I live that the scent (blue one) is light and not overpowering.
- If it came up in conversation, would you recommend Mr Muscle Touch-Up Cleaner to your friends/family? If so why? If not, why not? Yes, have already told a few friends about it already.

Bunnygotwhacked Wed 21-Aug-13 10:50:54

Just signing in to say got mine today will review when i have used it a bit

MaisieJaine Wed 21-Aug-13 10:52:51

{First off, HELLO! This is my first ever post on Mumsnet, and any parenting website for that matter! And my first ever product test! :D}

I actually have quite enjoyed using the Mr Muscle Bathroom and Kitchen Touch-Up Cleaner. I have found that I have cleaned much more, particularly in the kitchen - I give the counter tops a quick clean before going to bed and use the cleaner to wipe up any crumbs or spillages during the day.

I also used the cleaner in the bathroom to clean the bathroom tiles, the sink, bath and taps and around the toilet.

It was very easy to use... as long as you remember to rotate the top before using it! I liked that you could use tissue, kitchen roll, or cleaning cloths or sponges to use the cleaner. I am actually a little bit amazed that pressing down on something, makes the cleaner come out the top! I am curious to see how well it works as the bottle empties! The product is a great shape in that it won't topple over as it gets emptier. It also lessens the risk of any product getting into eyes or anywhere it shouldn't as you cover the top with a cloth, rather than spraying onto a surface as with other cleaning products.

The cleaner works very well, leaving all surfaces shiny and clean. It has a lovely subtle smell that smells as if you have sprayed an air refresher rather than used a cleaning product which is great.

I usually buy the cheapest cleaning option at the supermarket, but I think 2.99 is a pretty reasonable price. Maybe a bit too high for me to consider buying regularly (as I have been using it a lot) - unless it was on offer! I would use it again though as it is really handy and can be kept out somewhere (out of reach of children, of course) rather than hidden away in the cleaning cupboard where I am sometimes prone to forgetting what products I actually have to clean!

A touch up cleaner specific for windows and mirrors would be great although this product did the job nicely on those surfaces. And a touch up cleaner that could wipe up spillages on carpets would be great, too.

I would recommend this product to other people. For the impressive, unique design, as well as the effectiveness and handiness of the product.

One thing I will say though is, I feel that, when placed in the bathroom, it could easily be mistaken for hand soap - a point proven by my husband! I think that is down to the shape and the look of the product. Also, a refill option would lessen waste and would probably make me buy and use it more. All in all, very happy and think it's a great product.

{Phew! That wasn't so bad!}

redgate Wed 21-Aug-13 11:35:47

Still waiting for mine to get here sad

HeySoulSister Wed 21-Aug-13 11:42:21

i'm still waiting too.....

mummylin Wed 21-Aug-13 13:07:10

I also am still waiting

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now