Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

NOW CLOSED Do you have an unloved garden? Sign up here to transform it with B&Q and receive a £300 gift card

(283 Posts)
TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 26-Jun-13 16:51:52

As part of our partnership with B&Q, we're looking for 20 MNers who want to wave farewell to their unloved garden. Is it more of a jungle than a lawn? A patio that's seen better days? Or just a wizened window box?

Here is what B&Q say about their unloved gardens initiative: "This summer, we're launching a new initiative to help Britain say goodbye to its unloved rooms and gardens. Most homes have one - a spare room that's more of a cupboard, a tired and broken bathroom from a different era, even an overgrown garden that's become a jungle. With our vast range of home decoration products and simple expert advice, we want more people to see that making a big difference doesn't need to be difficult or expensive. Whether it's picking the right look, choosing the right products, at the right price or simply finding out how to make it happen, we're making sure you'll find it all under one roof at B&Q."

If you're selected to take part you'll:
- Be sent a £300 B&Q gift card to spend as you wish on materials to transform your unloved garden
- Need to be available to complete your garden revamp between 5-21 July (we appreciate that's not tonnes of time so please only sign up if you're up for the challenge!)
- Write feedback on how your revamp is going during that time on a thread on MN
- Need to send in photos to MNHQ of before, during and after the revamp

10 of the 20 participants may also need to film their revamp process on their smartphone (via an app we'll need you to download). Those MNers will receive an additional £25 B&Q gift card as a thank you for doing filming.

B&Q would also like participants to attend a You Can Do It class in store if possible - this would be free of charge but they're only available in certain stores. This isn't essential to taking part but please indicate on the sign up form (link below) which store you could get to if you would like to attend.

If you'd like to take part, please sign up here.

Any queries, please post them here.

Thanks and good luck
MNHQ

Glitterfairys Thu 27-Jun-13 16:36:01

I would love to revamp our garden and make it a safe and enjoyable space for my boys to play in. Fingers crossed were picked 😃

Oh, this would be a dream come true - previous owners just laid down uneven concrete and paving stones with poor garden beds mostly of rubble. The kids still love it with their plastic bits and chalk but I'd love proper sitting area and play stuffs and some storage.

OpheliaBumps Thu 27-Jun-13 16:54:41

Done, would love this as ours is empty of plants, and full of kids' toys!

smilingthroughgrittedteeth Thu 27-Jun-13 17:07:48

Me please, dp and I would love to sort our garden and it's tiny so £300 would transform it completely

hurricanewyn Thu 27-Jun-13 17:49:46

Done - fingers crossed so tight!

k8vincent Thu 27-Jun-13 17:54:22

Got very excited to see this this am. Am hoping we might be able to sort out the concrete mess outside and do something about all our uneven slabs. Then I might actually be able to go in the garden without sighing!

Lotty8 Thu 27-Jun-13 17:55:53

Done I think :s is there a confirmation or anything? Just went back to the previous page when I clicked send so not sure if it did.

Messandmayhem Thu 27-Jun-13 18:29:59

Done, I'd love this, sorting our garden would give us a much needed lift and give us somewhere to send the kids to play when the sitting room can't take it any longer!

DonutForMyself Thu 27-Jun-13 18:59:00

Done, fingers crossed! Mine looks like a prison yard, no plants, surrounded by brick walls. It would be lovely to have a garden to be proud of this summer - I could invite people for a BBQ without embarrassment!

JaquelineHyde Thu 27-Jun-13 19:03:00

TheOtherHelenMumsnet

I was just in the middle of doing the form and my laptop went mad and leapt to another webpage confused

Could you possibly check if an incomplete form has been submitted and if so delete it.

I will fill the form in again now and submit it, please don't delete the fully completed one grin

Thanks

littlemonkeychops Thu 27-Jun-13 19:31:24

Done, ooo exciting!

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Thu 27-Jun-13 19:42:51

TheOtherHelen -

This sounds fabulous - the MN gardening posse are always trying to recruit others to the joys of gardening - but could you also persuade B&Q to offer freebies incentives a competition for those of us who are already keen gardeners but may still need a bit of a boost?

thanks <-- home-grown of course

hotair Thu 27-Jun-13 19:49:05

Signed up- was just telling my dh how desperate I was to fix the garden- fingers crossed this could be the windfall I needed!

rholo Thu 27-Jun-13 20:29:50

Done! This would be fab. Our patio/gravel/collection of bright plastic tat is long overdue a bit of tlc.

chocoreturns Thu 27-Jun-13 21:58:47

ooh this would literally transform our summer!! Done grin

redwellybluewelly Thu 27-Jun-13 22:08:26

Cor - sounds fab!

5madthings Thu 27-Jun-13 22:41:47

Entered this would be fab!

LackaDAISYcal Thu 27-Jun-13 22:45:28

Oh, I can't commit to that timescale sad

theroseofwait Thu 27-Jun-13 23:04:33

Done! Fingers crossed that the newly chopped down jungle has not given it's life in vain!

Wearegoingtobedlehem Thu 27-Jun-13 23:26:14

Done, crossing fingers and toes! Would really relish this opportunity!

LuisGarcia Fri 28-Jun-13 00:49:26

wishes really hard

Spirael Fri 28-Jun-13 08:53:48

Will B&Q be lenient with timescales if it rains solidly for the transformation period? wink Given what summer has offered for the past few years...

Mind you, if chosen we'd be laying turf - so the rain would be a good thing for that! But not so good for installing a security light or painting the fence.

I applied on behalf of my garden last time around and wasn't selected... Hopefully this time I'll be luckier! grin

KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 28-Jun-13 10:41:23

JaquelineHyde we have your completed form, thank you
BlackeyedSusan we only need 10 of the 20 testers to record videos on their smartphones so please do apply and say you don't want to take part in video feedback on the form.

Good luck flowers

So so want to win this, so my garden can actually look less like a bombshell and more like a garden

Done. School is offically out for summer today and my kids would love to help out with a project like this over the holidays.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now