Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

NOW CLOSED Primula PODs - tester feedback thread

(197 Posts)
KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 14-Dec-12 12:19:05

This thread is for the 200 Mumsnetters who have been trying the new Primula PODs with their DCs. Below are a few questions to get you started but please feel free to add any other comments you may also have.

Everyone who adds their feedback to this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a £150 Debenhams voucher.

The first few questions are about the Primula Cheese PODs:
Q1. Who in your family tried the Primula PODs? What were your/their initial impressions?
Q2. In particular what did you and your family think of the following in relation to both the original PODs and the Cheese N Chive PODs?
- Texture
- Taste
- Packaging
Q3. Did you try any of the Primula PODs recipes from the Primula website? If so which one(s) and what did you think of them?
Q4. When were the PODs eaten? As an after school snack? As part of a lunchbox? As a treat? etc
Q5. "Primula PODs are a good source of calcium", would this statement encourage you to buy this product or not? If so, why? If not why not?
Q6. What features do you ideally want to see from children's snacks?
Q7. If it came up in conversation would you recommend Primula PODs to a friend/relative? If so why? If not, why not?

Now just a couple of questions about the POD Island website www.primulapods.co.uk
Q1. What did your DC think of the website? Were there any aspects they particularly liked or disliked? Did they have a favourite area of the site?
Q2. Is there anything else you'd like to see on the website? Any areas for improvements? What did you like most about the website for your child(ren)?

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 21-Jan-13 10:03:53

Thanks for all your feedback. The winner of the prize draw is...

musthavecoffee

Congratulations! I'll PM you to get your details.

Wearegoingtobedlehem Sun 20-Jan-13 23:03:40

Q1. Who in your family tried the Primula PODs? What were your/their initial impressions?
Both of my daughters, my husband, my sister and me. We all thought they were a pretty handy and convenient snack that tasted pretty yummy.
Q2. In particular what did you and your family think of the following in relation to both the original PODs and the Cheese N Chive PODs?
- Texture
- Taste
- Packaging
Texture was smooth and compact- i think that is how I would describe it - the texture seemed fine.
Taste was lovely and creamy, although none of us particularly loved the chive ones, in fact my 2 yo DD would not eat them.
Packaging has been thoughfully designed and is appealing and easy to use for both little and big people alike.
Q3. Did you try any of the Primula PODs recipes from the Primula website? If so which one(s) and what did you think of them?
No I didnt, they didnt last that long smile
Q4. When were the PODs eaten? As an after school snack? As part of a lunchbox? As a treat? etc
They were eaten as part of a packed lunch, and as snacks.
Q5. "Primula PODs are a good source of calcium", would this statement encourage you to buy this product or not? If so, why? If not why not?
Anything that is a good source of calcium would get a thumbs up from me.
Healthy, appealing, varied and sensibly packaged.
Q7. If it came up in conversation would you recommend Primula PODs to a friend/relative? If so why? If not, why not?
Yes I would, they are on a par with mini babybel, and to be honest make a great addition to a lunch box or a handy snack -- there is nothing to dislike about them.

Q1. What did your DC think of the website? Were there any aspects they particularly liked or disliked? Did they have a favourite area of the site?
My DDs are a little young for this site aged 21 months and 35 months.
Q2. Is there anything else you'd like to see on the website? Any areas for improvements? What did you like most about the website for your child(ren
No

PepperPotts Fri 18-Jan-13 14:19:47

Me, Ds 6, DD 5 and Ds 1
We all liked them, Ds1 (6 yr old) is very fussy and only tried them as he loves primula. He won't go near similar items.
We ate one each after school then put them in lunch boxes the next day.
The chive flavour wasn't as popular but was eaten nevertheless.
I didn't try and recipes and probably won't.
I found the texture a bit "odd" it was unlike most textures I eat but the children didn't comment on it.
The older 2 loved the website

lambethlil Thu 17-Jan-13 14:36:17

Q1. Who in your family tried the Primula PODs? What were your/their initial impressions? Teenage Dcs
- Texture strange
- Taste not keen
- Packaging fun and childlike
Q3. Did you try any of the Primula PODs recipes from the Primula website? If so which one(s) and what did you think of them? No
Q4. When were the PODs eaten? As an after school snack? As part of a lunchbox? As a treat? etc As a trat, when looking for something to graze on
Q5. "Primula PODs are a good source of calcium", would this statement encourage you to buy this product or not? If so, why? If not why not? Yes- DCs not too keen on milk, so I rely on cheese to up their calcium intake.
Q6. What features do you ideally want to see from children's snacks? That they like them! Not too high in salt and saturated fat.
Q7. If it came up in conversation would you recommend Primula PODs to a friend/relative? If so why? If not, why not? * Based on my DCs dislike, no.*

Vagazzled Thu 17-Jan-13 09:23:09

Dp and dd (3)
- Texture- quite rubbery? Very soft!
- Taste- dd didn't like either but dp was more than happy to eat both as said they were tasty and "different"
- Packaging- great! Very easy to open and nicely coloured.
Q4. When were the PODs eaten? As an after school snack? As part of a lunchbox? As a treat? etc- both dd and dp had them in lunch boxes and dp snacked on the after work.
Q5. "Primula PODs are a good source of calcium", would this statement encourage you to buy this product or not? If so, why? If not why not?- would just buy normal cheese to be honest. These were quite expensive for a small pack in our local supermarket.
Q6. What features do you ideally want to see from children's snacks?I think there is a good, healthy range already on the market. They need to be quick, easy to open and eat and nutritious.
- if there dc was a cheese fan, I can see why these would appeal. Tasty, nutritious and good on the move.
Now just a couple of questions about the POD Island website www.primulapods.co.uk
Q1. What did your DC think of the website? Were there any aspects they particularly liked or disliked? Did they have a favourite area of the site?We had trouble accessing the page as we used the iPad and needed flash player for some of the graphics/games?
Q2. Is there anything else you'd like to see on the website? Any areas for improvements? What did you like most about the website for your child(ren)?Maybe a mobile site or app?

justamoment Wed 16-Jan-13 23:00:38

1) me, 3 DDs (7;5;1). Me & younger DDs liked chive one, 3 DDs liked plain one.
2) texture - v smooth, kids especially liked it, easy (/lazy!) to chew.
Taste - as you'd expect of this sort of cheese, I feel slightly apologetic for quite liking it (prob a throwback to my own childhood...) but would not be to everyone's taste! Kids also liked it, esp 7 yr old requested we buy more of original version, she liked it so much (&actually she's usually quite discerning)!
Packaging - v straightforward but can we recycle them?
3) no, wouldn't occur to me to cook with cheese this small in our household - surely defies the point of having these small portion sized packets?
4) eaten as afternoon snacks.
5) no, surely all dairy is a source of calcium, stating the obvious?
6) nutritious; tooth-kind; appealing to kids; portable.
7) perhaps if its the sort of product I think they'd be interested in or if struggling to get kids to accept other cheese / dairy products.
Website: 1) yes older DDs quite enjoyed novelty of site for a while. Enjoyed the maths task for longest, which I was happy to encourage, other games had a shorter-lived appeal for all of us.
2) graphics not v appealing somehow, doesn't make you want to spend time using it particularly. If more educational content included, parents may be more likely to encourage kids to use it.

sweetclarity Wed 16-Jan-13 21:30:56

Q1. DH and I, and two DDs (4 and 1)
Q2.
- Texture - the texture was fine although not that different to a babybel to be honest
- Taste - the originals were a hit but the cheese and chive rejected by both dds.
- Packaging - packaging is a great idea, one question though - is it recyclable?
Q3. No, we just ate them as a snack
Q4. Lunch at home, with soup and bread, as part of lunchbox for dd
Q5. Not really, surely all cheese is a good source of calcium?
Q6. interesting, good flavour, healthy
Q7. Not really, maybe except for picnics/ lunchboxes

Q1. DD1(4) thought it was fun but mouse skills lacking so didnt last long, dd2 too young to be interested

Q1. DC aged 1,3 and 5 and me. They liked opening them and said "oh look babybel haven't got the red stuff anymore"

Q2. They really liked the the original ones, they liked the taste ( they are used to the squirty cheese so this is the same) none of us noticed the chive taste. texture was what we expected and the chives were finely chopped so we didn't notice them when eating. DC liked the packaging easy for them to open, wont open when rolling around in lunch boxes.

Q3. We looked at the website but didn't try them as they cheeses had been eaten by then.

Q4. cheese didn't last 24 hours in this house eaten as a fridge snack and one in DC1 lunch box

Q5. It doesn't take a genius to work out a dairy product is a good source of calcium so to be honest I wouldn't even read something as obvious so it wouldn't influence me at all.

Q6. Portable, easy, mess-free, interesting, tasty and fun

Q7. yes we would recommend and buy again, we like the taste, DC like opening them and ideal for lunch boxes.

sparklystar Wed 16-Jan-13 14:04:45

My DH, DD and myself tried the pods my initial impression was they we alot like another well known brand but tasted ok, DD wasn't impressed with the cheese and chive one as it had bits in it. DH said they were also ok

- Texture
We thought these were ok smooth nice texture
- Taste
These tasted ok Cheese and Chive I liked but DD didn't like them
- Packaging
the packaging I liked just one piece to open and it was fairly easy to open aswell for little fingers.

Q3. Did you try any of the Primula PODs recipes from the Primula website?
If so which one(s) and what did you think of them?
We looked at the recipies but as yet we haven't tried any of them

The pods were eaten as part of a packed lunch and also as a snack

I don't thinkit would neccessarily encourage me to buy as there a various products carrying this claim, I tend to buy which ever DD is eating / interested in.

Healthy, nutricious, appealing to children, easy to open

Q7. If it came up in conversation would you recommend Primula PODs to
a friend/relative? If so why? If not, why not?
I would recommend the pods to family/friends, they are tasty,easy to open

WheresMyCow Wed 16-Jan-13 12:52:48

Me (40), DH (43) and DS (2) all tried them. Me and DH both liked the chive ones and DS looked at it like he does most cheese, as if it might poison him!

- Texture...rubbery, pretty much like any processed cheese although didn't seem as artificial as some

- Taste...quite liked the chive ones, and the plain ones reminded me of primula spread cheese which I love, so a hit for me. DS likes the spread cheese too, so hoped that these might tempt him and he did eat a few little bits but mostly spat them out.

- Packaging...loved the packaging and how easy it was too open.

No, we didn't try the recipies

We generally had them as part of lunch

Not really - Cheese is made from milk, milk is a good source of calcium so cheese is a good source of calcium. It wouldn't make any difference in my decision to buy them or not.

Tasty and nutritious

If I knew that they liekd that kind of cheese, then probably would recommend.

DS is a little young for the website yet, but he enjoyed watching me colour in the dinosaurs and catching butterflies.

Q2. Is there anything else you'd like to see on the website? Any areas for improvements? What did you like most about the website for your child(ren)?

Didn't really look at the site too much to be honest.

Di76x Wed 16-Jan-13 12:02:19

Q1. Who in your family tried the Primula PODs? What were your/their initial impressions? Myself - nice chive, plain bit bland , DH - nice chive, plain bit bland. DD (13) - tasty plain didnt like chive ones. DS1 (9) - wasnt keen on any, DS2 (7) - picky eater doesnt like much anyhow, DS3- (5) loved the plain ones ate loads, spat out the chive ones.

- Texture - easy to hold, none messy, none greasy.

- Taste - most of us thought they tasted nice, my DH and I preferred the chive ones while the children preferred the plain, DH and I thought the plain ones were slightly bland..
- Packaging - Easy to open, good for packed lunch as wouldnt spill over etc.

Q3. Did you try any of the Primula PODs recipes from the Primula website? If so which one(s) and what did you think of them? No didnt try the recipes

Q4. When were the PODs eaten? As an after school snack? As part of a lunchbox? As a treat? etc - All tried one as soon as it came, then DD took some for snack at breaks at school, DS3 took one for packed lunch each day. My DH and I snacked on them.

Q5. "Primula PODs are a good source of calcium", would this statement encourage you to buy this product or not? If so, why? If not why not? Yes as we all benefit from calcium esp children although alot of products contain calcium which are even tastier.

Q6. What features do you ideally want to see from children's snacks? Tasty, fun, easy to open, none messy if possible.

Q7. If it came up in conversation would you recommend Primula PODs to a friend/relative? If so why? If not, why not? I would yes if the price is reasonable otherwise I would say something that was cheaper but tastes near enough the same.

Q1. What did your DC think of the website? Were there any aspects they particularly liked or disliked? Did they have a favourite area of the website. They enjoyed rapid river the most and dino dig.

thought some of the things would be better with a voiceover as my youngest arent good readers yet as in the description of the mice would be one.

Thanks and good luck,

MNHQ

creambun Sat 12-Jan-13 19:01:07

Thank you for sending us these to try. Apologies for being late with our responses. Here are our answers at last!

Me and my 8 year old daughter who loves cheese. I found the pods far too rich. I quite liked the taste but could only eat a small amount. I certainly wouldn't eat a whole one in a lunch box. My daughter felt the same. She quite liked the plain one but only ever ate a little bit at a time, and she never asked for them.

- Texture
- Taste
- Packaging
The taste was fine, although the chive one was too strong for my daughter and she wasn't keen. The packaging was good - very appealing in a lunchbox and easy to open. Neither of us really liked the texture, they were just too rich. It's hard to describe why but we just didn't find them appealing.

I haven't tried any of the recipes yet but I am going to give them a go as I think the cheese could taste a lot better in a recipe and the thicker texture would probably be really good in creamier recipes like the burger one.

As part of a lunch box or with lunch at home.

Yes, as my daughter doesn't drink much milk and isn't too bothered about yoghurt, so I'm always trying to think of different ways to make sure she gets her calcium.

Healthy snacks which are low in salt and fat but that taste great, are natural and are convenient.

I would recommend that they give them a try if someone asked as they are a good product, just not to our taste.

They enjoyed playing with the site when I showed them but it's not a site they regularly go back to - they have other favourite sites which they prefer to use. Their favourite bits were the games (the butterfly one), the colouring sheets and the recipes.

More recipes would be good.

WhenDoISleep Sat 12-Jan-13 12:09:35

DS (3) and DH tried the PODs. Their first impressions were favourable.

- Texture
- Taste
- Packaging

Packaging was neat and easy to open. The taste was good - better than other similar products and the texture wasn't the completely smooth, artifical texture of similar products.

No we didn't try the recipies.

Both as snacks and as part of lunch at home

I would not particularly encourage me to buy the product as I would expect cheese to be a good source of calcium

Healthy and filling

I probably would recommend the product as they are a handy lunchbox item/snack

DC didn't really like the site due to the music

DC don't really use this type of site so we don't really have any feedback on this.

nosypea Fri 11-Jan-13 19:49:20

Me (39) ds1 (7) and ds2 (4)
Texture - too firm and not creamy enough. Not exactly crumbly but a bad mouth feel - that's my opinion. Kids not really able to comment on texture.
Taste – I preferred the Cheese n Chive (didn't think the plain really had flavour), DS1 the plain (although found it difficult to choose), DS2 wouldn’t finish the Cheese N Chive and wasn't overwhelmed by the plain.
- Packaging - Tidy and easy for kids to open . Convenient for on the go snacks. Stays in one piece, so won’t have bits dropped in car or floating around handbag.
No, I see the product as a snack food or part of a packed or picnic lunch.
Mid morning snack at home, for the purposes of focussing entirely on the cheese. Would more usually use as snack on the go or part of a packed lunch.
The statement wouldn’t influence me as I know cheese contains calcium.
Low in salt, sugar and artificial additives, not too much processing.
No. They wouldn’t be my first choice for flavour and I would prefer cheese to be more than 60% of the ingredient.
DS1 wasn’t interested enough to look. DS2 only wanted to have a go at the games and ended up frustrated as he doesn’t have great mouse skills.
My children aren’t really into this sort of thing, so I can’t comment.

melissa2828 Wed 09-Jan-13 09:55:19

Q1) me and my children ages 4,6,7 all really liked the chesse and chive ones but not the plain ones.

Q2) we thought the chesse and chive was nice but not the other one

Q3) what did u think
texture - was a bit rubbery
taste - only liked chesse and chive one
packaging- the packaging was good appealing to kids and easy to open.

Q4) no we didnt as not enough left, but will try soon

Q6) we had as a snack/treat

Q7) yes the chesse and chive one i would as we really did like the taste
of that one

Q6) healthy no sugar/salt

Q7) yes would the chesse and chive ones only as we liked them and will be
buying them again

Q1) my children did like the game zone best
Q2) no

ilikeyoursleeves Wed 09-Jan-13 03:11:17

Q1. Who in your family tried the Primula PODs? What were your/their initial thoughts?
Me, ds1 age 5 and ds2 age 3.

- Texture
I thought they were good but quite artificially smooth, feels obvious its not 'real' cheese. Ds1 said they felt 'like cheese' ds2 said they were yummy.

- Taste
Ds1 said they tasted 'good'. They both preferred the plain ones over the cheese and chive ones.
- Packaging
I thought it was great, easy to open and no risk of tiny pieces of wax being stuck in the carpet! Ds's liked the look of them too.
I didn't use them for a recipe, they are too small for that & I'd only cook with 'real' cheese.
eaten as packed lunches and snacks

I would hope cheese is a good source of calcium! It wouldn't encourage me to buy them more cos we buy a range of other cheese.

Something healthy, unprocessed, easy to open themselves

Yes I'd recommend them to pop in a packed lunch box

they thought it was good fun, no major likes or dislikes.

I can't think if anything in particular

Sokmonsta Tue 08-Jan-13 19:46:18

Myself, dh, dd(4) and ds(2) tried them. Dh and myself were not keen in the texture. Ds bit into them and handed them back. Dd is a cheese monster and loved them. Especially that they came in an easy to undo wrapper.

- Texture
for dh and myself the cheese was too plasticky/rubbery for our tastes. As texture has a big impact on our eating, we didn't get beyond that. Ds clearly just doesn't like cheese and dd would have eaten them all in one go if allowed.

- Taste
dd said they tasted fine.
- Packaging
i liked the easy open nature of the pods. Easier than other plastic wrapped brands.
we didn't try the recipes as they are the sort of thing we put in lunches/use for snacks.
these were eaten as packed lunches, snacks and buffet style tea.

no it would not as my children get more than adequate supplies of calcium from their varied diet.

I want the snacks to be small enough not to fill dc's up before dinner, easy enough for them to open themselves and to be part of a balanced diet so relatively healthy but attractive as a choice.

If asked I'd say try them but wouldn't recommend them myself based on the plasticky texture

the children are a little young to comfortably work their way around the site, although I'm sure our 4 year old will pick it up soon. They both really enjoyed the print and colour pictures.

^i have no suggestions for this as I don't think it would be something we would use regularly.

DairyBeetle Tue 08-Jan-13 19:44:42

Me, DS (20 months). DS was instantly drawn to the bright packets. I was intrigued.

- Texture
- Taste
- Packaging
DS loved the packaging of the individual PODS, he could (just about) open them himself, and being a toddler it's all about the DIY factor! I liked the stronger flavour of the chive ones, DS less keen on those but enjoyed the plain ones. I found the texture ok for a processed cheese, firm but not as rubbery as an elastic band.

No time to cook with them, they got eaten too quick!

We have had some long distance car journeys/trips out recently and these have been a perfect snack/distraction. They didn't smear too badly, they were small enough to pop in a bag but bright enough not to get lost forever in the depths of said bag and were a good size for a toddler snack.

It wouldn't be the key to me buying them, but it would make me consider them as a purchase over other products.

Easy to keep and store, small to cut down waste, low in salt, high in 'good stuff', tasty. (If I wouldn't consider eating something I don't offer it to DS).

Yes, I'd recommend.

We didn't make use of the website as DS is a little too young (and we were internet-less for much of the time we were away).

Sorry I'm a bit late!
All of us - DH, DS(8), DD(5), DD(11months), DH and me.
DS loved them, DD1 liked them but prefers babybels, DD2 liked them __but eats anything--. As far as processed cheese goes they were ok but not cheesey enough for me and DH.
- Texture
The kids liked the texture, I prefer a firmer cheese.
- Taste
DCs liked the plain cheese best. It tasted ok but honestly I prefer babybels for taste.
- Packaging
I liked the packaging. The pods were easier to open and DD2 can't eat them.
We tried the pizza recipe. It was nice and a good idea but I would buy these as snacks or for lunchboxes. I wouldn't spend my money on something small and individually packed to cut them up for cooking.
As a snack after school and in a lunchbox for weekend activities.
Yes it would but I would check how true it was first.
Economical and in bigger packets (more pods in a pack). I think there were about 6 in a pack which wouldn't be enough for my 3. I'd have to buy 2-3 in a week and it would work out expensive.
Yes depending on the price.

Rara27 Tue 08-Jan-13 12:08:22

Myself, partner and 8 year old son. Initial impression they look appealing and fun.

- Texture - We all thought it was nice texture, smooth I guess.
- Taste - Myself and my son did not like either variety, taste similar to another brand. My partner thought the cheese and chive ones were tasty and different.
- Packaging - very easy to open (I loved this) bright and eye catching wrapper.

Not got round to trying any yet, but will give them a go when I remember.

Had as snacks with crackers in the evening and son and artner had in lunchboxes.

Q5. "Primula PODs are a good source of calcium", would this statement encourage you to buy this product or not? If so, why? If not why not? Yes, but not the sole reason

Something healthy and tasty, and easy for them to get into themselves is a plus.

I would mention we tried them if discussing something like lunchboxes/mini cheeses, and would give our honest opinions. I would also mention profits to charity

questions about the POD Island website www.primulapods.co.uk
My son thought the website was 'ok' he enjoyed the games and has his eye on some recipes to try out.

Q2. Is there anything else you'd like to see on the website? Any areas for improvements? What did you like most about the website for your child(ren)? My son says more recipes smile

Kt1979 Tue 08-Jan-13 10:57:34

We all tried them, original enjoyed cheese and chive disliked.

*Q2. In particular what did you and your family think of the following in relation to both the original PODs and the Cheese N Chive PODs?
- Texture
- Taste
- Packaging*

Children enjoyed texture and taste, packaging was easy to open though the 'green bits' in the cheese n chive were viewed with great suspicion.

Didn't get a chance to try the recipes as we finished them off in one sitting

As soon as we got in from school.

Cheese is high in calcium, so this statement alone wouldn't necessarily persuade me to buy them. Though good novelty idea.

Less salt please, as these have 0.4g of salt per pod in them, and I try to minimise salt in her diet.

Probably not as the salt content is a little high for my liking.

The website took forever to load, and it was really hard for the children to navigate around.

See above. Also don't like to encourage commercial websites for the children use we tend to stick to learning websites.

Thank you for the cheese.

DefiniteMaybe Mon 07-Jan-13 17:21:18

Me, DS age 4, DD age 16 months. We all thought the packaging was nice and easy to open.
- Texture
We thought the texture was ok, a bit plasticky though
- Taste
We didn't really like the taste, they weren't pleasant/
- Packaging
Nice colours and easy to open. Easy to distinguish between the two types.
No we just ate them as snacks.
As snacks when DD/DS were peckish. We also used some in chicken tortilla wraps, they worked well for this.
Yes, extra calcium is always good.
Tasty and healthy
No because the taste wasn't very nice.

kazzajp Mon 07-Jan-13 17:11:46

Q1. Who in your family tried the Primula PODs? What were your/their initial impressions? myself, husband and daughter. All liked them
- Texture - liked
- Taste - original a bit bland/mild for us
- Packaging- great
Q3. Did you try any of the Primula PODs recipes from the Primula website? If so which one(s) and what did you think of them? not tried yet as ate all cheese before could try it!!
Q4. When were the PODs eaten? As an after school snack? As part of a lunchbox? As a treat? etc - as a snack
Q5. "Primula PODs are a good source of calcium", would this statement encourage you to buy this product or not? If so, why? If not why not? not really as consume many other sources of calcium
Q6. What features do you ideally want to see from children's snacks? healthy and tasty
Q7. If it came up in conversation would you recommend Primula PODs to a friend/relative? If so why? If not, why not? yes

HelpfulMum Mon 07-Jan-13 15:44:27

Me (31), DS (3) DD (22mths)
Initially we al liked them.

- Texture
- Taste
- Packaging
Texture was OK. Felt better than Babybel IMO. Taste was what you expect from processed cheese. I liked the cheese and chive because they had more flavour to them. Packaging was fantastic. It was great that my son could open it himself as he struggles with others.

No. Sorry. We only received them a few days before Christmas and didn't have time.

At lunchtime mainly. We took them up to my Grandma's and had them for lunch.

Not necessarily. There are plenty of products which are a good source of calcium but they are not necessarily good for you.

Easy to open. Good quality food.

Yes. We tried them and all liked them. If someone wants a similar product then I would definitely recommend them.

I like the colour me in section. Definitely something I would print out for my children to colour. Seems well designed and easy to navigate.

The kids are too young really to go on websites.

lolliplop Mon 07-Jan-13 15:14:32

Son aged 1, me and husband
- Texture - rubbery and not very nice
- Taste - original tasted like old school rubber cheese slices. Cheese N Chive wasn't that bad.
- Packaging - love the packaging - very easy to use and almost a bit of fun for the little ones.
Q3. Did you try any of the Primula PODs recipes from the Primula website? If so which one(s) and what did you think of them? No recipes tried
Q4. When were the PODs eaten? As an after school snack? As part of a lunchbox? As a treat? etc - tried as a snack
Q5. "Primula PODs are a good source of calcium", would this statement encourage you to buy this product or not? If so, why? If not why not? Would encourage me to buy them but wouldn't do so again after trying them.
Q6. What features do you ideally want to see from children's snacks? Healthy and eaten!
Q7. If it came up in conversation would you recommend Primula PODs to a friend/relative? If so why? If not, why not? No, due to the texture and taste.

Q1. What did your DC think of the website? Were there any aspects they particularly liked or disliked? Did they have a favourite area of the site? He liked the bright colours
Q2. Is there anything else you'd like to see on the website? Any areas for improvements? What did you like most about the website for your child(ren)? Not really at the moment, he's a bit too young.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now