Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

NOW CLOSED Would you like to join a special panel for TalkTalk? Customers and non customers needed

(64 Posts)
TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 09-Aug-12 15:58:36

We've been asked by TalkTalk to recruit UK based MNers to join a special panel to take part in a total of around 4 activities over the coming months.

We've been asked to find around 400 MNers (though it could be more) to take part in at least four activities (one of which is open only to TalkTalk customers only) - these are consultations about specific strategy ideas, improving customer service and one for customers about a TalkTalk product.

Each activity will be undertaken either on the boards or off site. If you're selected for the panel you will be emailed a link, and each time there will be a prize draw incentive with a great prize on offer for at least one lucky participant. Prizes will include family tickets to the X Factor tour, mobile handsets and shopping vouchers.

The panel is open to all UK MNers with at least one child at home.

As we say, we're looking for customers as well as non customers - it's open to everyone whether you love, loathe or have never heard of TalkTalk! grin

If you'd like to take part please complete this survey and we'll be in touch with those selected for the panel asap.

Please note that there are a few more questions in this sign up survey than usual - that's because we want to choose panellists based on what they think on the issues covered. There are no right or wrong answers!

Thanks
MNHQ

Can people employed by major competitors apply? Or would they not want that?

I'd love to help them improve their appalling customer service!

MNHQ can you let me know before I sign up please? TIA

Springhasarrived Wed 29-Aug-12 19:58:24

I HATE Talk Talk I have spent literally hours on the phone to them try to sort out a complete mess they have created. They still owe me money but for my own sanity I am not taking it any further for now.

I would LOve to do the survey but I am damned if I am going to give them my Mumsnet name so they can read all about me.angry

alreadytaken Wed 29-Aug-12 21:18:48

I wouldn't even look at the survey as you might have to give a phone number and be pestered for life. Any assurances they give are not to be trusted.

An0therName Wed 29-Aug-12 21:50:09

I would never go near Talk Talk after my experience - so no thanks - they still owe me money too - should have taken it to Ofcom but couldn't face it

cece Thu 30-Aug-12 08:41:38

Talk Talk are truely the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with and I will happily tell them that (again).

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 30-Aug-12 10:07:18

Tequila - I'm afraid TalkTalk would rather not have employees of competitors on the panel. Do keep your eyes peeled for more opportunities coming soon though!

sad ok thanks for letting me know Helen.

Have I signed up for this one? I can't remember. blush

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 30-Aug-12 13:45:21

Don't think you have yet MimsyBorogroves

BumptiousandBustly Thu 30-Aug-12 16:25:39

I have to agree that my experience of talk talk was dreadful as well as that thread where they signed up someone with ld and then refused to apologise.

But mainly I am not signing up because you don't need 400 mumsnetters to tell you how to improve customer services! If they actually cared about customer service they would be busy doing something about it rather than running panels!

Hey I can help, pay your staff based on happy customers rather than impossibly high targets and pay your customer service staff on issue resolution rather than number of calls answered!

Done

fionathepink Thu 30-Aug-12 20:31:37

I am trying to sign up to it but my Talk Talk broadband service is so appalling that the page won't load.

LineRunner Thu 30-Aug-12 20:36:06

fionathepink grin

Sallyingforth Fri 31-Aug-12 12:24:34

Having heard so many complaints about TT's service, and having tried unsuccessfully at great length to help a friend sort out their TT narrowband broadband service, I just cannot take this seriously.

If TT want to know how to improve their service, they only have to listen to some of their "helpline" recordings. It will tell them all they need to know.

Fimbo Fri 31-Aug-12 16:58:40

Don't get me started on them. My elderly's neighbour's broadband and phone line is with them. The whole network went down and he couldn't get through on my phone to the supposed customer service line. Yes they provide an update to a mobile, but what good is that when you can't get on the internet in the first place to put your details in. I had to do it for my neighbour. They were down again yesterday too. Rubbish.

fionathepink Fri 31-Aug-12 20:13:36

It simply wouldn't load up last night. Venting at their customer services got me no where either. Good luck to the people whose internet connection is worth the money they pay for it.

mynameis Sat 01-Sep-12 19:09:52

Have I completed this previously? The questions look kind of familiar grin

Piffle Sun 02-Sep-12 23:49:03

After the rip off stunt they pulled on my in laws and the awful door to door sellers.
Bargepole ain't long enough to even touch a survey

Blatherskite Mon 03-Sep-12 21:43:16

Will they be getting our usernames/names/addresses/phone numbers?

I don't mind the other questions so much but knowing their customer service (MILs and SILs are with them) there is no way on earth I want them to be able to actually contact me!

Does anyone actually want family X factor tickets or is giving them away the only way they can get them used?

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 04-Sep-12 19:48:09

Blatherskite - sorry for the delay in responding - I am 99% sure the answer is no (100% sure it's no to usernames) but let me check with helen and we will come back to you.

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 05-Sep-12 12:26:26

OK Helen says - The only details we'll share with TalkTalk (with express permission) will be those needed for the product test, which is for TalkTalk customers only. This is likely to be name and address only but may also be phone number so they can arrange to deliver the product to you. However panellists will be opting into this so of you don't want to share any of your details with TalkTalk then we can just exclude you from that specific activity. The other activities will not involve us sharing any of your contact details with TalkTalk.

Under no circumstances would we ever share your username with a client in any way that could identify you in RL.

There will be a variety of prizes on offer so we'd love it if you signed up, even if X Factor isn't your thing!

Blatherskite Wed 05-Sep-12 13:14:17

OK, will sign up now. Not a TalkTalk customer so won't qualify for the product test anyway and I'm sure I can find someone to give X factor tickets to if it comes to it wink

BumptiousandBustly Wed 05-Sep-12 18:48:29

I have been thinking about this and actually I don't want to be part of something that would allow talk talk to say 'approved of by mummsnetters!'

I actually really hope the rest of you feel the same and that people don't sign up for this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now