MN WEBCHAT GUIDELINES 1. One question per member plus a follow-up question if appropriate, ie once you've had a response. 2. Keep your question brief 3. Don't be disappointed if your specific question doesn't get answered and do try not to keep posting "What about me?". 4. Do be civil/polite. See guidelines in full here.

Live webchat with Kevin 'Grand Designs' McCloud, Tuesday 23 July, 8.30 to 9.30pm

(156 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 21-Jul-13 08:04:56

We're delighted that Kevin McCloud is visiting Mumsnet HQ for another webchat on Tuesday 23 July at 8.30pm. He joined us for a webchat back in June 2011 when he talked to about (amongst other things) Grand Designs, solar panels and dealing with bats in the attic.

This time Kevin will be joining us to tell us about his latest ventures with his company Hab Housing. As well as continuing to build beautiful sustainable homes across the UK, they are also developing a new arm that will let him guide, coax and aid people as they build their own dream home. Kevin wants to explain why he's put out a call to the masses for crowd funding investment to grow his company, Hab Housing, rather than via traditional routes.

Join Kevin to quiz him about his latest ventures, get his advice on home improvements and ask him about your favourite Grand Design on Tuesday at 8.30pm. If you're unable to make it, post a question in advance to this thread.

MaxinePeakedistrict Wed 24-Jul-13 20:30:46

Thanks, Kevin.

Love the humour grin

lurkerspeaks Wed 24-Jul-13 19:12:27

Damn. Missed this. Howver I do now have a tenuous link to Kevin.... I live in a Richard Murphy property.

I can testify to the fact that good design can make you happy. I love coming home even on grey horrible days (frequent occurence here in the frozen north) and I can't understand why Scottish local authorities are so nervous about allowing modern design in. At some point 4 in a block pebble dash houses were modern albeit not very avant grade!

Fantastic WebChat smile

LadyMilfordHaven Wed 24-Jul-13 17:09:36

he bloody loved it.wink

MardyBra Wed 24-Jul-13 10:46:51

Sorry had wine last night. Appropriate swearing and autocorrect filter were faulty.

Solo Wed 24-Jul-13 10:34:34

grin@ Mardy! I missed it too sad

Thanks for the advice though Kevin (in case he comes back to read) smile

MardyBra Wed 24-Jul-13 00:43:01

thanks thanks

MardyBra Wed 24-Jul-13 00:42:38

Fuck it. I not only missed this, I won't for the wrong bloody ear.

Nice friendly and very informative chat though.

TeamEdward Tue 23-Jul-13 23:42:52

grin

This is the funniest web chat ever. grin

LifeofPo Tue 23-Jul-13 21:49:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LadyMilfordHaven Tue 23-Jul-13 21:45:33

thanks Kevin - we find it best not to mention her problem. @po

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 23-Jul-13 21:44:58

LadyMilfordHaven

simon - say something QUICK - Mccloud has hogged the WHOLE SHOW

Simon says: He's always like that but thanks for noticing me x

KevinMcCloud Tue 23-Jul-13 21:44:13

It's 9.30 and it's now time for me to go and drink something with my hairy sidekick Simon.
Thanks to everyone and especially to the fragrant LadyMilfordHaven and clearly tipsy LifeofPo for your contributions. It's been really good fun at this end. I will sign off with another entreaty to visit our crowdcube page if you're interested (www.crowdcube.com/investment/hab-housing-limited-13069 ). Or visit our website - habhousing.co.uk

All strength to the Mumsnet network of chintz and bifold door lovers everywhere (and even plastic windows).

Spirael Tue 23-Jul-13 21:42:23

Bye Kevin! See you again next time. wink

LadyMilfordHaven Tue 23-Jul-13 21:42:22

simon - say something QUICK - Mccloud has hogged the WHOLE SHOW

LadyMilfordHaven Tue 23-Jul-13 21:41:48

and i love kevin you, Po

LifeofPo Tue 23-Jul-13 21:41:27

LifeofPo Tue 23-Jul-13 21:40:26

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 23-Jul-13 21:40:04

Thanks to all those who've joined us tonight for the webchat and big thanks to Kevin and SimonHabHousing for venturing into MNHQ tonight to answer your questions.

LadyMilfordHaven Tue 23-Jul-13 21:40:00

70s houses had not only hatches but ace gardens

LadyMilfordHaven Tue 23-Jul-13 21:39:34

that wasn't me.
* sips Gin sling*

EmmasMumHelen Tue 23-Jul-13 21:39:30

Thank you, Sir. Keep up the good work. Hope to get me one of your self-builds in my back garden one day!

LifeofPo Tue 23-Jul-13 21:38:22

LadyMilfordHaven Tue 23-Jul-13 21:37:40

* arches eyebrow*

everything?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now