wedding dance thriller hell.

(754 Posts)
shoptilidrop Thu 06-May-10 20:55:45

that is what i am stuck in.

An update was promised and i wasnt going to update until we had done it.

Tonight was the final practice at the venue. Hideous doesnt cover it. It was made worse by people wondering about the venue checking it out and sound and light men etc.... all standing and watching.

THEN the wedding planner woman just oh so causally asked if it was still ok fdor her to film it, post it on you tube and link it to the website.

MOther had lied and said this wasnt going to happen.

So, not only will we be embarassed in front of the whole wedding party, but also the rest of the world

fucking great mother.....

GGGGGRRRRR

Sassybeast Thu 06-May-10 21:16:12

there you go - best dancer eh ? You've got nothing to worry about.

'wipes tears of laughter away'

shoptilidrop Thu 06-May-10 21:16:16

i am not posting a link.

never going to happen.

no one will join in. I dont think you quite understand the scale of this thing. It would be like someone trying to join in a west end producton or something.

i was going to do it in flat shoes. brought esp for the dance. am not contemplating doing it in my heals. if its going online i want my legs to look good.

i really cannot belive this is happening

brimfull Thu 06-May-10 21:17:29

we will hunt it down

piprabbit Thu 06-May-10 21:18:57

Go to the toilet when the wedding dance starts. Hide there until it is all over. She won't be able to come looking for you until after the dance.

What's the worst she can do to you?

Or is that a question I should avoid asking?

shoptilidrop Thu 06-May-10 21:19:16

i knwo someone will find it.

i did come up with a genuis plan. That when the music changes and we are meant to join mum and her husband that we actually dont. and just stand there
and leave them on the dance floor looking like idiots by them seleves

that will be mean

but its an option.... right?

so the choice is:
be mean
or
embarass myself forever with possible nipple fashing situation.

Sassybeast Thu 06-May-10 21:19:44

Google is our friend wink

Definately do the heels though - and i really think ear rings would help...

DuelingFanjo Thu 06-May-10 21:20:41

"We have no idea why she came up with this, "

here?

piprabbit Thu 06-May-10 21:20:52

You see - you're thinking along the same lines as me.

Ask yourself who was being mean first, your mum for implementing the insane idea, or you for backing out at the last moment.

shoptilidrop Thu 06-May-10 21:21:01

lol

yes, earings might.

lol

DuelingFanjo Thu 06-May-10 21:22:06

oh and... when it's put on youtube can you put a link on Mumsnet please grin

thatsnotmymonkey Thu 06-May-10 21:25:06

hide hide hide! say you had the runs

msrisotto Thu 06-May-10 21:27:21

She won't need to, t'll be doing the rounds as email spam....

shoptilidrop Thu 06-May-10 21:46:36

just spoke to mother who told me i was being silly and noone would see it and we wouldnt even notice it was being filmed.

I tried to explain that it being filmed was not the problem, but the posting it on the internet for all to see.

All my friends will see it, work collegues etc etc... she never uses the internet, ( expcet to look up wedding dances) she has no idea.

friend advises faking own death... am thinking about it

OMG! I'm sorry, and I really do feel your pain, but that is hilarious! You poor, poor thing, but I so want to meet your mum!

Thediaryofanobody Thu 06-May-10 21:53:07

OMFG This is my worst nightmare.
My very close, dance teacher friend is getting married next year she's been hinting.

Thediaryofanobody Thu 06-May-10 21:58:10

LOl no one will see it, have you seen the viewing count on those videos!

ja9 Thu 06-May-10 22:01:55

/Fantastic!!!!!!

Shoptilidrop - oh my!!!!!

You simply HAVE to link to you tube!

this thread has me lol!

tacticalfloosy Thu 06-May-10 22:03:45

can you offer to upload it for her, then make it a private one???

FAQ

gingerkirsty Thu 06-May-10 22:04:05

I have just read your first post on the other thread and ROFL!!! She sounds like a force to be reckoned with. Did you get your ears pierced? That absolutely beggars belief.

Anyway, I totally feel your pain and have come up with a failsafe plan.

You must pretend you have broken your ankle. Even Bridezilla couldn't force you to dance, and you could also argue that you wouldn't want to ruin what will otherwise be such an amazing performance.

Do you have any friends who work in A&E? Or can you somehow make your own fake cast? Failing all that, can you actually BREAK your ankle (suspect would be less painful than hideous 7 person thriller performance and subsequent global interweb humiliation)? A plaster cast would also provide you with an ideal hiding place for a hip flask so you can have crafty swigs throughout the evening whilst sipping lemonade to keep Bridezilla happy!

I am going to a wedding on Saturday but am fairly sure it's not your Mum's, have been friends with this girl for years and she has no kids as far as i know!

GOOD LUCK

Joolyjoolyjoo Thu 06-May-10 22:09:48

Sorry, but I am sniggering! grin

Could you tell your mum as a special surprise you went to get your ears pierced, as requested, but sadly subsequently developed sepsis, which has left you in such a weakened state that you have been told you MUST not dance??

PatriciaHolm Thu 06-May-10 22:12:33

Get yourself "locked in the toilet" at the key moment. Nothing you can do about that, sorry Mum....

(quite frankly I would be telling her to, er, bugger off, Mum or no Mum. But I guess it's a bit late for that...)

noshouting Thu 06-May-10 22:14:17

Buy a HUGE facinator like this
www.lasplash.com/uploads/1/anglo_mania_12_001.jpg
nobody will know it was you simples smile

Put pressure on the wedding planner woman. What the hell is she playing at, anyway? Is she doing it for her own amusement, or did your mother actually commission her to do this? Even if your mother asked her to do it, you can get the other Unfortunate Six together to work on her.

- Point out that your reputations are important for your
work, and she has not got a waiver from all of you for this, has she?

- Any children involved in the dance? You'll have more weight behind your pressure if you emphasise the presence of underage kids, (a) footage of whom "obviously could attract paedophiles" (being disingenuous here, but might work if she's stupid), (b) cannot give consent because they are too young even for Facebook, ffs, and (c) their parents do not consent!

- After the dance, bundle her, take the recording device off her, and erase ONLY THE DANCE. She can't claim she "owns" the material, so has no legal recourse, especially if you claim you were acting on impulse.

Hope some of this damage limitation helps? It's not helpful for stopping the event itself, but the YouTube business is just out of order, so you are within your rights to refuse that, and damn the emotional blackmail (your mother;s getting her f---g silly dance, after all, isn't she?!)

Here is the link for "reporting posts" on YouTube.

I can't find the material on "Community Guidelines" (for some reason, there is a "404 Not Found" on this hmm), but that might be another avenue for you to get it removed.

GordonGallumbits Thu 06-May-10 22:40:16

sorry but i did grin this at the first thread

and i'm doing grin this now.

i'm so glad my mother sleeps with her dog, not a man.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now