Weird things your body does, and you wonder if it happens to others too?

(665 Posts)
OHforDUCKScake Thu 19-Jul-12 21:14:02

I know Im not the only one.

I cant even be arsed to name change, here goes.

Nervous fanny.

You know when someone falls - hard and cracks their chin or elbow or whatever, my stomach drops, I get a shot of anxiety that shoots through the pit of my stomach down to my fanny. Right in the middle of my fanny I get a horrible feeling of anxiety.

Its only started in the last few years, its really unpleasant. Its like a bolt of aniexty, and I ONLY get it when someone hurts themselves. Wtf is that all about?

Anyway, what weird shit does your body do? Confess.

leguminous Wed 01-Aug-12 13:28:01

If I poke my tummy button quite hard, a little spot right up my fanny kind of goes...zing. Almost an itch and almost a pain, but not quite either.

wanttomakeadifference Wed 01-Aug-12 13:53:11

Ducks I get it too- but only when being told off!!

I used to get it at school when I got into trouble. Over the years I get into trouble less often grin so it happens rarely these days.

Last month though, DP's father lost his temper, for a moment I felt like a child about to get a telling off and whoosh bang it happened blush

Midwife99 Sun 05-Aug-12 01:14:04

Ha ha - a big clap for Duck's fanny!! Only on MN!!!! grin

OHforDUCKScake Sat 11-Aug-12 08:57:43

<fanny curtsey>

Ive thought of two more, if I get really pissed when Im on my period it stops for a day.

And when I stretch I go deaf while I do it.

Midwife99 Fri 17-Aug-12 03:40:34

Yes I go deaf when I stretch too!
The other weird thing is when I get really anxious not only does my fanny get nervous but my scalp does too! Nits scalp I call it!

OHforDUCKScake Mon 20-Aug-12 10:10:49

Your scalp, no way that must feel really strange!

I can officially say, I now know what 'javeline arse' is having suffered with it last night. It only lasted a minute, I got an odd look from DP
as I said "Arghhggrrrhhh javelin arse!"

Midwife99 Mon 20-Aug-12 17:38:32

Ha ha Ducks!!! It's when you're at work it's tricky!!

lalaloopylou Mon 20-Aug-12 18:11:53

Yes to;
Nervous fanjo
Sticky lung
Head clicky thing
Restless leg(runs in my family)
Belly button fanjo link
Random words in my head as I'm falling asleep
Falling' just as im dropping off to sleep
Part of back has no sense of touch but underneath gets v.itchy

I also get a runny nose if I eat homemade chicken soup ,
Really bad déjà vu to the point it freaks me out and I know what people are going to say/do seconds before they do it
If I touch something rough/smooth/cold with one hand I have to touch it with he other hand too
My toes click if I wear slippers
I sometimes get a pain in my belly after orgasm

Oh and javelin arse, although not just a woman thing my dh gets it too although he says he doesn't get nervous testicals grin

lalaloopylou Mon 20-Aug-12 18:13:22

I think the back thing is linked to having an epidural

lalaloopylou Mon 20-Aug-12 18:23:09

Abd the official name for sticky lung is precordial catch syndrome
google sticky lung and urban dictionary brings up a whole other meaning!

lubeybooby Mon 03-Sep-12 13:45:13

I have javelin arse today and thought of this thread - glad it made it to classics grin

If I get a sudden twinge somewhere, I get an identical twinge somewhere else at the same time, for example, I had a sharp pain just above my left eye and a simultaneous one just below my left buttock. I'm going to draw a map of these, because it happens regularly.

OHforDUCKScake Fri 21-Sep-12 22:10:22

My fanny (its always my fanny?!) involuntarily starts flexing if I drink too much caffiene.

pussycatsruleok Thu 01-Nov-12 20:52:09

i have funny waterworks. i can go several days hardly weeing and during this phase i put on weight and get a little puffy. then i will have a couple of days where i wee and wee and everything corrects itself. this has been happening for several years. its quite anoying.

Ihavetopushthepramalot Thu 20-Dec-12 23:16:38

Bump for this thread.
Haven't read all of it but does anyone else get very 'punchy' when there neck is touched or breathed on? Also get the twitchy eye thing and the sleep paralysis thing (see giant spiders climbing the walls <boak>).
Also my DH gets the javelin arse and has to add up his words... confused.
Weird family, thank god we found each other!

PimpMyHippo Thu 20-Dec-12 23:39:43

I hate having my neck touched, as I imagine a lot of people do... but I also get the same ticklish I-will-punch-you feeling when my bum is touched. blush I don't know of anyone else who has such a ticklish arse.

Ihavetopushthepramalot Fri 21-Dec-12 00:29:45

Yes I would have thought that too, it's just a shame that all my many boyfriend s thought it was appropriate to kiss there!
Ha ha never experienced the ticklish arse, but almost every other body part at different times of the month have been no go areas so feel your pain. (Or I'm going to punch you square in the nose rage) wink

chickensarmpit Fri 21-Dec-12 00:31:35

If i poke my belly button i get a shooting pain right up my back passage. I don't like it shock

chickensarmpit Fri 21-Dec-12 00:35:08

And if someone scratches my arse cheeks it sends me to sleep.
I must of been an arse man in a previous life!

Ihavetopushthepramalot Fri 21-Dec-12 01:25:26

Yes I would have thought that too, it's just a shame that all my many boyfriend s thought it was appropriate to kiss there!
Ha ha never experienced the ticklish arse, but almost every other body part at different times of the month have been no go areas so feel your pain. (Or I'm going to punch you square in the nose rage) wink

chickensarmpit If I poke my belly button I get shooting pain through my clit! shock

Does anyone else occasionally find that everything suddenly goes really far away, and people appear to have tiny little heads? It's very surreal.

If I'm watching an eerie film or reading a suspenseful passage in a book, my eyes begin to water.
If I walk barefoot on smooth pebbles the sensation is felt quite overwhelmingly in my fanjo. Bristly surfaces make me want to wee.
If DH hits exactly the right spot (ahem) my leg twitches in uncontrollable spasms (yes, like a dog getting its tummy tiickled) until he stops
Sometimes lying in bed if I have trapped wind I can both feel and see the location of the bubble protruding and moving along my tummy - identical look and sensation to feeling to baby sticking a foot into you when pg
I only have to think of salt and vinegar crisps for my salivary glands right at the back of my jaw under my ears to start stinging...doing it now that I just wrote that, damn

Yes also to the scratching an itch in one part of the body and getting a shooting sensation in a completely unrelated part
Yes to post bath whoosh
Yes to Alice in Wonderland
Yes to javelin arse
Yes to going deaf during a stretch
and a few others I've already forgotten

Fantastic thread

Just read about Alice in Wonderland syndrome, I've always had that! Never taken any drugs, but do get migraines, so that is interesting!

SilveryMoon Fri 21-Dec-12 03:07:02

I get a really painful ache in my right shoulder the day before my period starts.

OohAahBird Sat 15-Feb-14 21:33:33

Oh I have one that no one else has mentioned and am posting it, in hope someone might know what it is.

Every so often, think once every couple of months, when I swallow cause there is saliva in my mouth which you do without thinking about, instead of swallowing normally it goes into my lungs and I start to choke, I can't breath, wheeze, turn red, my eyes stream and it is really scary as well as embarrassing when it happens when I am with other people.

It has happened ever since I was a teenager, I asked my doctor once and they just looked at me like I was mad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now