D'ya ever wonder how long the sun will last...?

(1000 Posts)
Sokmonsta Wed 14-Aug-13 06:58:34

Morning! Since its a sunny day here I thought I'd say sunny hellos. Unless of course anyone else has beat me to it and I've missed the new thread.

bubby64 Fri 06-Sep-13 09:22:32

Morning All
Trips- hope your mouth s feeling better, I broke s tooth mysrlf Tuesday night and do had emergency dentist visit Wednesday, but nothing like you are going through. Glad the school merger seems to have worked, despite DDs "terrible"wink experiencegrin grin
Shabs- Glad Tom was ok, hope they sort the money out soon.
Chops - Great pic of your DSin his new uniform, very smart too!
Soks - I used to be an assistant leader with Beavers, loved it, but, boy, were they noisy!!
Mama - glad you are resting, and, yes, I cried copious amounts when my 2 first started school, now I'm just relived when they start back!!
Well, fire clean-up is well under way, our loss adjuster came out Monday and ok' ed everything, including paying a firm to clear the mess up (£2000 just for that!). He has agreed to new fencing, new sheds and greenhouse, new oiltank and lines, new upvc conservatory (dwarf wall etc ok, but 2 sides and roof melted) new windows and french doors to rear of the house, and we have been compiling a list of shed contents, including 4 bikes, weight lifting gear, all garden tools and machinary, all of DHs workshop tools (lots of those!) It looks like the claim could add up as over £20, 000, thank God for insurance!
Boys back at school (comment yesterday of "its horrible mum, they have given us a homework schedual we have to stick too!" Homework adds up to 6+ hrs a week!).
I have God mothers funeral today, so better get cracking.

bubby64 Fri 06-Sep-13 09:29:39

Soks - Mike falls often as well, or, in a lot of cases, trips over his own feet when they dont obey the commands that his brain gives them. Again, he doesn't put out arms to save himself much, but he also tends to brush himself down and carry on!
He has got better though. His first few years at primary school were the worst, if i could have got paid a pound for each of the school accident forms I received, I would have been a hell of a lot better off!

Chopstheduck Fri 06-Sep-13 09:31:32

Hope the funeral goes as well as it can do, bubbs x

Glad the insurance claim is progressing smoothly, sounds very efficient!

That homework schedule sounds really tough! They are year 8 aren't they? DD never seems to get enough imo, maybe 2-3 hours a week? I think this year she may get more with the year 9 sats coming up.

I helped out at Beavers twice, as part of the rota - not my idea of fun! I think I would prefer the older ones, I can't tolerate the screaming!

Thinking about you today Bubbs xx

MultipleMama Fri 06-Sep-13 16:38:38

Hope your feeling better today, Trips.

I'm glad that the insurance isn't fighting you on it, Bubby, and are being effective. Thought of you today.

Sok - Hope Jen is improving and feeling better. How are the other soklets today? X

Shabs, Chops, How are you, ladies doing?

Had a scan today because something didn't feel right and the Braxtons Hicks were painful. Turns out Annie was was in the process of turning and pressing against my ribs which was pushing Sev into my pelvis. Nothing wrong just Annie being awkward. So glad my insurance covered it smile

MultipleMama Sat 07-Sep-13 05:12:48

Finally have A's day care sorted. She'll be doing day nursery in the afternoons for a week as she has really bad separation anxiety when strangers are there and needs familiar things in strange places. Hopefully after a week she won't need DF or us there and start half mornings 5 days a week - the boys will be joining her when we come back smile

Looks like I'm up for the day sad so much for a lie in! Haha.

Morning girls xx

bubby64 Sat 07-Sep-13 13:01:57

morning.
Spoke too soon re clean-up. A man came today with minidigger to pull out all the stumps, but the actual cleanup bloke's didnt turn up! digger man did his job, but got increasingly pissed off as on his own, now has abandoned job, and left the digger in next doors gardensad sad All the contact numbers I have nobody is answering. Also, I sent other quotes as requested through on Thursday, no answers from anyone on those eithersad sad sad
Funeral, tho sad, was nice. She had a wicker coffin, I was very impressed, it had a pattern woven into it, and looked really nice, and so environmentally friendly, since she loved wildlife, all animals, flowers and the countryside it was very appropriate. Funny thing was, as the vicar was going over Katies life, a really big red admiral butterfly flew up from behind the coffin and started flying around the church.

MultipleMama Sat 07-Sep-13 15:41:55

She sounded like a beautiful person, Bubby. Sorry for your loss. As for the clean-up if things look good they probably are too good to be true! Hope they sort it out quickly, it's not fair to expect you all to live with the mess.

K's first week at school was great. He met a boy who loves to paint too but has already found an enemy, a boy called Joe, apparently he thought K talked funny (K speaking German), so K called him a shit in German and because the little boy told the teacher K doesn't like him. DH wasn't amused when the teacher told but then DH should no better to curse when he's annoyed with someone, it's like the time A started saying "oh fuck" after she overheard. He also had a crying fit when he was told he couldn't paint or stay outside. I hope he adjusts soon! X

<<waves to everybody through a drunken haze>>

Morning girls xx

MultipleMama Sun 08-Sep-13 15:46:59

Evening ladies.

Did you enjoy yourself last night, Shabs?

Just put the twins to bed, I'm currently in the process of lowering their feeds on the breast in preparation for the cubs arrivals (hopefully) in December.

Petrov and Ivan are out for the night with friends so I'm relaxing with a red bull and some cookies while watching movies.

Hope you all had a great day!

triplets Sun 08-Sep-13 23:14:09

How was the head today Shabs?? Hope it was fun at the time!! Teeth all sensitive, face still swollen, most attractive!! Night night all xx

Morning girls xx

Head was OK (I think) Trips LOL xx

MultipleMama Mon 09-Sep-13 09:10:48

Afternoon, ladies!

A starts her trail week at nursery this afternoon. Really hope a week is enough.

Petrov is throwing a dinner party tonight and I have nothing to wear that doesn't me look like whale! Not like I walk about anyway so I'll be the whale in the corner!

triplets Mon 09-Sep-13 17:20:19

Monday got off to a bad start................fed up with dc`s and dk............feel like leaving home..........and its cold and raining sad

Sokmonsta Mon 09-Sep-13 19:55:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MultipleMama Mon 09-Sep-13 21:25:40

Sok - Poor Emily, A has night terrors it got so bad we called Mil-Pond seen an improvement in her though so it's working. I bet Joshua felt like his limb was missing too! Glad the gang is back together smile

Managed to find a gorgeous fitted black number and wore with my iron fist zombie heels. Although I was either being waited on by Ivan or waiting on the twins. I never realised how snooty some women are. Two friends of Ivan were drunk and giggly and decided it would be fun to "let's see the babies" even though Ivan had prewarned everyone to stay out because of the kids. They went in and carried Dom her shoulder saying he woke up bullshit I had the baby monitor on me. Then sensing his missing brother Dieter started crying. Petrov was not impressed and called them a taxi home then settled the twins himself for me.

Tomorrow is a lazy day smile how is everyone today?

Morning girls xx

MultipleMama Tue 10-Sep-13 07:25:20

Morning, ladies! Great day today - I've reached my goal week. 28 weeks! Very happy. Never felt this good in months!

bubby64 Tue 10-Sep-13 17:33:13

Hi All
Mama- glad you have reached the milestone, smile , and the soundly asleep babe "just woke up" what a cheek!
Soks - Jen and Joh sound like my 2, Mike was quite happy on his own, where ad James needed contact with his twin. Gladd they are all ok now. operation clean-up ground to a halt over the weekend and Monday, as the bloke who is organising it had a bereavement, Now they are back and should (hopefully) be finished tomorrow. The insurance bloke rang yesterday and said he is just waiting for the ok on our quotes. Our oil tank has become a priority now, as its freezing cold, wet and windy here today, oh how I wish we had hot water and heating, confused . Also a pain not having a fence, as we cannot just let the dogs out in the garden for a wee, although they are enjoying their 5 walks a day, even if some are quite short.
Shabs/Trips/Chops - hi there ladiesgrin grin grin

MultipleMama Tue 10-Sep-13 21:04:40

Bubby - Glad that everything is back on track. Hope you get that oil tank fixed! The two girls came round this morning and apologised not only for going the room that was barred but for picking up Dom who was only making snuffling noises in his sleep. Still miffed about it but happy that they had the conscience to tell me honestly.

It's midnight and I'm tired. Boys haven't woken yet so gunna dream feed them and see if it keeps them that way!

Night, ladies x

Morning girls xx

Chopstheduck Wed 11-Sep-13 07:16:18

Morning girls.

Glad it is all back on track Bubby. No hot water must be a nightmare, we've been without a shower for 10 days, and that is enough to be driving me insane.

Aw Soks, poor Emily! I used to tell mine if they thought nice things before bed they would dream nice things. I think the worry about it makes it worse for them.

How's your tooth, trips?

mama, well done on reaching your goal, and good luck for A with the trial week, hope it is going ok so far!

I am sleepy! Really struggling to get back into these early starts.

MultipleMama Wed 11-Sep-13 12:20:43

Afternoon, ladies. X

This thread is not accepting new messages.