D'y ever wonder when it is going to stop snowing??

(1000 Posts)
Chopstheduck Mon 21-Jan-13 07:32:23

Morning girls xx

School is on thank goodness, but not til 10, and dh is wfh <sigh>

Chopstheduck Tue 05-Feb-13 07:22:08

Morning girls x

sad shabs. We might be getting some next week too. Probably jsut in time to disrupt flights for half term angry

Yes I know my eldest is 31 but he is taking Em to work and then Lew to school like he does every morning. Our local little town is gridlocked because there has been a fuel spillage on the motorway leading to Manchester airport. They are sat in gridlocked traffic - he still has to get em to work (she should be in by 8am), Lew to school (in the fookin' opposite direction) for quarter to nine and then himself to work near Manchester asap. My heart is in my bloody mouth worrying about him and I sent him a message saying 'Let me know when you are all where you should be.'

HarrogateMum Tue 05-Feb-13 10:30:29

hello ladies, just sticking my head in to see how you all are! Loving the snow? It keeps coming down here but then the sun comes out so it can't make up it's mind! Good news in the HM house, HarrogateDad has been given the all clear by the hospital only two months since his stroke. He has no hole in his heart, nothing wrong with his blood so the whole affair is "unexplained". Seems odd but apparently it's one of the best categories to be in!

Hope all is well with everyone - can someone do me a mini update!

HM so good to see you and fantastic, amazing, wonderful news about your hubby.

HarrogateMum Tue 05-Feb-13 11:17:09

aww thanks Shabs. How is life chez Shabbathegreek? Bet your feet are cold in your flip flops this time of year!

Chopstheduck Tue 05-Feb-13 12:08:17

HM, that is wonderful news grin

Shabs, are they all sorted now?

They must all be where they should be - Danny didn't let me know they were, he just texted to see if I could loan him a fiver till pay day hmm bloody kids!!!

inthewildernessbuild Tue 05-Feb-13 12:31:11

well I still can't find it unless I use advanced search. Oh dear.
Hide button makes no difference; how do you undo hiding, co-incidentally?

I hate winter too. Good news is that dh is cold today too! Ds2 is at home and we have been practising phonics and trying out some v old Airfix coverng ourselves in enamel paint

Hello Harrogate I'm a newbie with 1O year old twins and a12 year old son. Very good news aboutyour husband.

bubby64 Tue 05-Feb-13 13:18:31

Hi HM, great news about DH, glad everything seems to be going well.
Shabs - glad all family are ehere they should be, we are sunny but cold here, waiting for an oil delivery, so trying to not have the heating on during the day, I get cold just sitting here, so am wrapped up in a sleeping bag! wilderness - my DH keeps turning off heating as well, because he is warm, but he has come home from work and is still wearing thermal undies, those tog rated thermal socks, as well as normal clothes and fleece, no wonder he is warm!
Washing machine broke down sunday, repair man came out yesterday, and said it was because it was being overloaded! DKH had been putting the equivalent of a load and half in the bloody thing, which couldn't have washed properly anyway, and caused a repair fee we can ill afford!angry I think he is getting fed up of this carer/househusband role now. He is also complining bitterly about the cost of shopping, and the fact he has to keep popping to the shops to top up on essentials such as milk and bread ( 2×12yr old = empty cupboards!). A reality check for him I think, because he had previously been complaining about the shopping bills I had been paying.
Puppy causing chaos, but we love him, the only problem is I am doing everything as boys are already getting bored with the humdrum and messy bits of puppy care (dealing with poos and wees, which is not really hard as he usually uses the puppymats), I an also now suffering from sore, bleeding knees as trying to reduce everyones workload by getting about on knees to do bits and pieces. sadconfused

Morning girls xx

Trips - where are you? xx

Chopstheduck Wed 06-Feb-13 12:20:09

Morning girls xx

<<peers behind sofa for trips>>

Ruby, where are you?? I DID IT!! 5k in 42 minutes gringrin

Sokmonsta Wed 06-Feb-13 14:14:37

Afternoon fellow mad multiple mummies!

I should get my car back today - £250 lighter.

Physio came for Jennifer today. She's on the 25th centile for her development so very. Jennifer has even managed to start finding her knees. I'm sure it won't be long until she finds her crawl smile

Trips - thanks for the reassurance. I'm sure your lovely teens will keep up their good work!

rubyrubyruby Wed 06-Feb-13 15:09:15

Glad the cars wasn't too expensive soks

YAY Chops - well done grin. I knew you could do it.

Bubby, I'm worried about you doing too much post op. Please try to rest up a it. DH and the boys can't just stop doing stuff because they're fed up with it.

I'm afraid Trips may be hiding from me blush I keep hassling her about holiday stuff.

Chopstheduck Wed 06-Feb-13 17:31:59

I am knackered now! three school runs and the 5k, and tonight is scouts and girls brigade. Fish and chip supper tonight, I think!

I agree, bubby, you really do need to take it a bit easier. sad It's not forever, they will just have to put up with it for a little longer.

Very proud of dt1 - he has been working really hard and has made the school cross country team! Going from a boy who was totally overshadowed by his twin, he is coming on in leaps and bounds now. His first concert as a violinist with the local orchestra is on Saturday.

bubby64 Wed 06-Feb-13 17:33:41

Hi ruby, Yes, prob doing too muchblush, went into kitchen this morning, it was a mess! washing up from yesterday still on sides, dishwasher not emptied, etc, so had to tidy up before I could even get myself breakfast/drink. On the plus side tho, DH came home last night with a pair of carpet fitters knee protectors!!
soks good news about physio, hopefully Jen will be on her way soon, then you will start to have fun, as the bet is they will both head off in opposite directions!! And £250 for car repairs, is any covered under warrenty, if not, at least you will have a safe car to drive, thats the main thing.

Chopstheduck Wed 06-Feb-13 17:47:46

on the plus side tho, DH came home last night with a pair of carpet fitters knee protectors!! shock

Bubby, darling, you shouldn't be crawling around on your knees - get some REST!

Sokmonsta Wed 06-Feb-13 19:46:01

AA are paying me back for my car grin. Took out a really good deal through Quidco last time my car broke down. Was £80 cashback if you took out a policy over £150. Mine was £152 and some pence, but includes up to 5 times a year, max £500 paid to have car repaired after call out.

All I have to actually pay is £35. Some garages (my regular one) take payment straight from the AA. Others, like this one, want payment and I just have to claim it back myself through the AA. It's well worth it to keep our MPV on the road. The only disappointing thing was the AA sent me an offer for £10 stay mobile instead of £20, but they won't give me a 7 seater car for the 3 days, I have to pay the hire firms upgrade charge to go from a 5 seater. So that's not worth it for us. The places I tend to break down have no public transport nearby either.

<<lies on the floor and paddies like a 2 yr old>> I CANNOT WAIT TILL TOMSTER FINISHES FOOKIN' HIGH SCHOOL.

School say that he is just fine with his Maths hmm and doesn't seem as confident in English.....so he doesn't need Maths class anymore because they are only revising, instead he is having just English classes!! So now he is going to have to go each night for an hour to after school Maths revision classes.

Tomorrow night is parents night.....I swear now that you will all hear my sarcastic tone and raised voice no matter where in the world you live. I have a notebook, a pen and a list of questions for each teacher....a long, long list for each teacher. I normally sit back and bask in the glow of their praise for him but tomorrow will be so different.

Being clever and mild mannered with everybody (like Tom is) is not always the great thing that it sounds it should be.

Have already had a disagreement with the Headmaster....I rang to ask him about the English/Maths decision. He said 'Will you be bringing Tom with you tomorrow?' My reply? 'On the top of the sheet of appointments it says PARENTS EVENING - not PARENT and STROPPY, STRESSED TEENAGER.....so in reply to your question I and I alone will see you all tomorrow.

<<slurps her pint of strong cider>>

bubby64 Wed 06-Feb-13 22:43:57

angry shock wink *shabs - and breath........
How stupid are they, he is doing an hour after school to revise a subject which he could be doing in school, they need their heads bashed together!!!

Chopstheduck Thu 07-Feb-13 06:50:28

Morning girls x

that is absurd, Shabs sad

How does Tom feel about not coming with you though? I do actually find it helpful taking Rheannon with me and working with the teachers on plans to improve her work. Even if I do have to give her a little nudge sometimes for her to say what she really thinks!

That's great about the car, soks! I'm sure it won't be long before Jennifer crawls. I remember Jack crawling I think at 10 or 11 months, then he crawled for ages! It's really brilliant that you've got the physio in there so early for her, I'm sure it will help tons.

Chopstheduck Thu 07-Feb-13 06:54:37

actually I remembered, I had a similar problem - dd does cheerleading on a monday, and when I picked her up, it turned out she had been doing sewing instead (textiles?)

I asked her about it, and apparently the teacher had spent so long on the planning there wasn't enough time for the actual practical work. I told her i am NOT driving all that way to pick her up and she is NOT missing her extra curricular stuff for fecking sewing that should have been done in school hours. The teacher can sod off! It took dd a lot of courage to finally walk through that door and get involved in some extra curricular stuff, and she has found a bit of a talent for it, and I think it is far more important than making a bloody cushion! Told dd if the teacher has a problem with it, she can email me!

rubyrubyruby Thu 07-Feb-13 07:48:18

I don't take mine to parents eve Shabs - I'm old school <<gimmer>>

Not sure if that happens in our school Shabs but it sounds darn right ludicrous!

At our school you have a 5 min slot with each teacher - is a bit like speed dating grin

Have never taken Tom to parents evening in High school. All he has asked of me is to not get angry and shout grin I will get something done about this no Maths lessons farce though.

LOL @ 'speed dating!!'

Sokmonsta Thu 07-Feb-13 10:03:17

Morning! <basks in the peace of two sleeping babies, a toddler playing chuggington and 4yo at school>. I shall enjoy these moments to make up for the stressy teenage years.

Off to clear up the house!!!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.