D'ya ever wonder where all the other mums of multiples are?

(1000 Posts)
bubby64 Thu 04-Oct-12 13:05:26

....or have we scared them all off with our inane chatter and multple moans!

Tom has been 'open-air' ice skating in central Manchester....yep 'open air' in one of the wettest parts of the bloody country!!! Great idea school - take them to the most open part of Manchester and get the buggers wet!!! It has snowed all morning and then rained since lunch time. Everything he has worn today (including 2 coats) is in the washer. He had a great time - bloody kids, bloody teenagers, bloody rain, bloody freezing, bloody had enough AND he has homework to do now - Gawd give me strength!! <<sits in a corner and sulks>>

galaxymummy Thu 06-Dec-12 21:26:39

hi girls how I have missed you now new job and little time for festive fun did get a week in canary islands
galaxy

Chopstheduck Fri 07-Dec-12 06:17:42

Morning girls x

shabs - harrogatemum has updated, her dh had an unexplained stroke, but is on the mend.

Morning girls xx

HM must have been worried sick. Glad to hear her DH is on the mend xx

thegirlinthesassyspace Fri 07-Dec-12 10:12:48

shabs sorry to hear that - thank you for sharing and again so sorry
xxx

Thank you Sassy. We were very, very lucky to have him here even for that short a time. He was very poorly. Nowadays many children survive the same condition. xx

Sokmonsta Fri 07-Dec-12 12:10:31

Morning <bops along to the big loud and cheesy tunes on music channel>

Aw Shabs that is so sad! I don't know what gave me the idea but I thought your boys were younger (I'm the same age). Sorry. And as sassy said, thanks for sharing.

<chuckles at being so wet> sounds just like my James. Ok so he's 2.5 but he loves jumping in puddles and nursery have a big dip in their playground.... Really must get him some waterproof trousers.

Oh bubs your poor mum. My dad had untreated cellulitis (for over a year, entirely his own fault for being pig-headed). He now has to wear support socks permanently so I do hope your mum gets effective treatment. And don't blame yourself for not noticing either. My grandma regularly has 'funny turns' and it's hard to know if she's being deliberately belligerent or has a wee infection.

Glad HM's dh is on the mend too.

Well, in the soks house we have decided this weekend is the weekend to make ready with the festive decs. Lounge is nearly organised. Very pleased with myself as I had an awful day yesterday.

As I've said about James before, mum had the twins for a couple of hours so it was just him and I. We went to the library for story time. Well, he was so disruptive and I could just feel the eyes of the other two (clearly regular) mums boring into me saying 'control your child' as he tipped the crayons over for the hundredth time. However, once they packed the story time stuff away, he went and discovered the jigsaw shelf, complete with Thomas jigsaw so he got that out and we sat doing that. It was really nice. So despite him being a little exuberant, I am going back next week and bollocks to the judgy pant mums. It's a public library! (The staff know us and didn't mind).

James has decided this week not only to hold his own bottle, but to crawl properly and this morning he sat himself up, completely unsupported very proud and a little sad that my youngest baby is getting so independent.

Jennifer on the other hand, well I've stuffed blankets into the inflatable ring in order to support her sitting up. Have made gp appointment as advised by hv for next week. I'm not one to hang around and figure if they think she may need a little help I'd rather access it sooner than later.

I've also made another appointment for me too. How I didn't have a complete meltdown yesterday evening is beyond me and I feel I completely undid progress with James. But this morning he was full of hugs and kisses "mummy not daddy" so im clearly not that bad. Dh has also noticed him stuttering now so it's like FFS, what next? Meeting with preschool next Monday just to find out what he is like there. He went in reasonably happy today as I suggested he tell them about the jigsaws at the library. They didn't have to get the trains out to bribe him in either.

Anyway, back to the grind of chores. Hope you all have lovely days and those of you with snow are enjoying it (jealous).

bubby64 Fri 07-Dec-12 14:10:41

Hi all. I went straight to mums last night from work, as DH had gone in earlier, and was really worried how confused she wassad I decided to stay the night as was so worried. She is better this morning, the antibiotics are starting to kick in, but now her legs are weeping, so got the DN in to dress them today. We have also arranged for carers to go in and do a "put to bed" visit as I think she has been sleeping in her chair, which is why her legs have got so bad.
We are also having continuing problems with J. He came home last night and DH found out h e has got into trouble at school for telling lies and bullying another boy (this boy used to be his best friend!!) DH tried to deal with it on his own, but he just ended up shouting at him without me there to mediate. I have now arranged for us to meet the yr. head next week, to see if we can do a combined school/home approach and nip this in the bud now sadsad.

triplets Sat 08-Dec-12 00:50:54

<<Trips sneaks in with hot chocolate and a box of chocs to cheer everyone up>>

Morning girls xx

Parcel arrived Trips - Oh my word is all I can say grin xx

Sokmonsta Sat 08-Dec-12 19:16:09

Mmmm. Hot chocolate. Yum. Thanks trips.

Having a lovely weekend so far. Twins and James being limpets. Enjoying the cuddles but did abandon the babies to daddy for a few hours to visit a friend who was nearby for the weekend. Was lovely to catch up over a cuppa while her mum entertained the children.

Tomorrow is 'operation festive house' and then sometimes over the next week or so I may swap the bedrooms over so the twins can have their own cot. Now Joshua can properly crawl, I've had to retrieve Jennifer from underneath several times! Such fun!

<shares out freshly baked mince pies>

triplets Sat 08-Dec-12 23:12:14

Any naughty bits Shabs??

<<Trips mixes up cake mix, finds candles........puts up banners,balloons. Chills fizz and gets out glasses.............put out selection of Monster Munch...practices HAPPY BIRTHDAY on the recorder >>

rubyrubyruby Sat 08-Dec-12 23:28:08

I'm holding back. I'm a day early every year grin

<<whispers>> that's a lot of candles Trips?!

triplets Sat 08-Dec-12 23:38:28

Got lots left from my cake Rubes............into recycling grin

Morning girls xx

Bad nightmares, wide awake and very full of snot!!!

I would pay at least half a crown to maul with his bits Trips!!!

<<gets fire extinguisher for the 56 candles - just in case>>

.............you know Im football mad? Well I really didnt need my beloved Manchester City to be playing Manchester Ushited today hmm

triplets Sun 09-Dec-12 07:57:50

smilesmilesmileHAPPY * BIRTHDAY* SHABS smilesmilesmile
We all love you and hope you have a lovely day, breakfast in bed??

<<Trips rushes downstairs, makes stack of pancakes with maple syrup, crispy bacon and pours glass of Bucks Fizz, wishes she could wave a magic wand and have it served by the Mighty Robster wearing nothing but a short pinny>>

triplets Sun 09-Dec-12 08:00:05

<<leaves a fiver on the b/fast tray for 5 goes at the todger grin

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Trips grin

Chopstheduck Sun 09-Dec-12 19:20:40

Happy birthday shabs!!! wine

rubyrubyruby Sun 09-Dec-12 20:57:06

Hope you have had a lovely birthday Shabs xxxxxxx

Sokmonsta Sun 09-Dec-12 21:41:48

wineHappy birthday Shabs. Hope you had a lovely day. Much merry making to you.

triplets Sun 09-Dec-12 21:44:03

<<Trips leaves soothing hand cream out for Shabs to ease the friction burn>>

Am on my second PINT of Gin and Tonic....I am such a classy bird!!!! Chellester and Linster bought me a massive bottle of Gin and it would be rude to not drink it....perhaps not all tonight though grin

Lew made me a birthday card....<<quietly sobs>> its lovely....he drew me on the front - I have long dark hair and green eyes....he spoiled it slightly by saying 'Dont worry Andma I've drawn you really thin!!!' <<laughs till she starts coughing again>>

rubyrubyruby Sun 09-Dec-12 22:25:39

Cheers xxxx

Morning girls xx

This thread is not accepting new messages.