The movie "Side Effects" - did I miss something?

(7 Posts)
Silvermoonsparkling Mon 11-Mar-13 12:00:05

Simply don't understand how this movie has got such great reviews - Telegraph gave it five stars. I thought Rooney Mara was fabulous, but why was it described as a thriller? What was thrilling about it?

Silvermoonsparkling Mon 11-Mar-13 14:23:53

obviously you all saw something in it that I didn't

MsAmerica Sun 24-Mar-13 20:21:40

Five stars out of how many? If it was on the basis of 1-5 stars, I'd give it about a 3 1/2.

I suppose the "thriller" tag comes from the fact that it becomes rather sinister and suspenseful with some surprising twists. Of course, it might be different if you read reviews first or saw preview trailers so that you knew what to expect, but I didn't, and I liked it quite a lot.

mynameis Sun 24-Mar-13 20:24:20

I liked it too, I hadn't read any reviews before watching was just interested because of the unusual mix of actors.

It certainly stayed with me afterwards

I really liked this movie it was like reading a good book, you thought you knew what was going on then it suddenly dawns on you half way through that all is not what you thought, and you start questioning what is the truth and all is slowly revealed.

Yonionekanobe Sat 13-Apr-13 09:04:52

Saw it last night. DH and I both really enjoyed it. I liked the fact it starts off one film and then suddenly turns a but David Lynch, and then turns again (won't give anything away)!

theoriginalandbestrookie Fri 26-Apr-13 19:10:41

I was a bit meh about it as well. I don't like films that change genres mid way through. It is however the second film I have seen which has the odd distinction of Jude law being the best actor in it by miles ( Anna Karenina is the other if anyone cares). Didn't see that coming.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now