Lincoln or another film

(7 Posts)
eightytwenty Fri 25-Jan-13 17:13:52

Taking Dh to the cinema tomorrow night. Of late, I have seen les mis and life of pi. He has seen the hobbit. Has anyone seen Lincoln - and can they recommend it? Or is there anything else out that's worth watching?

DandyDan Fri 25-Jan-13 21:17:53

Saw it today and really recommend it - a very powerful and impressive film and incredible acting from DDL and Tommy Lee Jones esp. It's very political though - not at all actiony. Far more moving than you'd expect but you have to concentrate.

Other members of my family would recommend The Impossible or Django Unchained.

eightytwenty Sat 26-Jan-13 08:44:23

Thanks dandy!

NuclearStandoff Sat 26-Jan-13 14:01:26

I was wondering whether the dc are too young to enjoy this - they are 11 and 13.

sounds as if it might be a bit heavy for them?

Alonglongway Sun 27-Jan-13 22:49:05

Been to Lincoln this evening - loved it. It's more detailed on the politics than I had anticipated and you do have to stay with it. Sally Field was brilliant. Was a bit heavy for the DCs (12 and 15) though they claimed to enjoy it

I LOVED Lincoln last night. In fact i'm going to start a thread about it!

Lovemynailstoday Fri 08-Feb-13 11:30:29

Saw Zero Dark Thirty last night and thought it was incredible. Lots of men in the audience too. Maybe your DH would enjoy it? Be warned--it is long, but so is Lincoln, I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now