Here we go again, MC no3

(30 Posts)
Bakingtins Mon 04-Mar-13 20:18:33

I am supposed to be 8 weeks pregnant, but have had brown spotting for the last 5 days and since lunchtime have been bleeding and cramping. Kept my professional face on at work but have come home and collapsed in tears. This was our last attempt, we have 2 DCs and have been TTC for the last 18m with only 2 MC to show for it (also had one between my boys in 2009). I can't keep putting myself and my family through it. I'm too old, my eggs are scrambled. It's just shit.

squizita Mon 25-Mar-13 16:41:31

Thanks for the sparkly - I am on my 2nd MC, no kids, so it's so daunting each time I try... will I ever be able to have a child?

I'm 34 and all the Drs keep saying I am not too old, and that if there is a cause it will be something like sticky blood. So hard when the media sees it as 'ping' one birthday you're fine, 24 hrs later you're past it... sure that's not how the body works. confused

Bakingtins Mon 25-Mar-13 19:25:35

Hi squizita. 34 isn't too old, I was that age when I had DS2, now nearly 39. It's not as though at 34 and 364 days you are fine and at 35 suddenly you are infertile. I saw something today that said after 35 only 1 in 3 women will struggle to concieve.
Are you having any testing? I know they normally require 3 in a row before considering it, but I think age is taken into account as well. I was surprised that I've had no problems getting the tests I need on the NHS after seeing a reproductive medicine consultant privately. It's worth asking!

squizita Tue 26-Mar-13 10:02:41

Oh yes I will definitely ask if I MC again.

Thanks for the 1 in 3 stat- very helpful. I know lots of women have babies at 34+ now, it is just as soon as someone who gets their science from the tabloids hears I MC, they're all like 'must be your age'. Should listen to medics only I know!!

jollster Tue 26-Mar-13 22:12:25

Baking so sorry, I know how hard it is sad

I had 5 MCs, 3 MMCs at 12 weeks and 2 earlier MCs after I had DS (who is nearly 5).

I was about to give up, but got pregnant again last January. This one stuck, and DS2 is now 6 months. I turned <whispers> 45 last month.

I know too well the "can't go through it again". But sometimes there can be a happy ending. I hope you get yours, whether that is another baby or a real "moving on" and accepting your blessings and the 2 lovely children you already have.

(BTW my recurrent MC tests showed nothing amiss).

squizita Wed 27-Mar-13 10:18:30

Jollster - thanks for this inspiring story. smile Bless you and your family!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now