ERPC - is this normal?

(4 Posts)
icklemssunshine1 Sun 03-Mar-13 16:16:28

Thank you both for putting my mind at ease. I was just concerned as nurse told me to expect a "period" for around 2 weeks but when it stopped & came back 2 days later I just thought "is this right"?

Physically I feel okay, emotionally well that's a different matter as I'm sure you know sad

Thank you again smile

NotSpartacus Sun 03-Mar-13 14:45:38

That's exactly what happened to me. Bleeding tailed off about 2 weeks after the erpc and things have seemed normal since. Sorry you're going through this.

butterfly86 Sun 03-Mar-13 14:43:53

Hi icklemssunshine, It's normal what you are experiencing I've had 2 erpc's and was the same both times. I was surprised at how little bleeding there was but it went on for about 2 weeks stopping starting but always quite light. I think the only time you should see your gp is if gets heavy or very painful or you have a fever incase you have infection. Hope you are feeling ok emotionally x

icklemssunshine1 Sun 03-Mar-13 12:23:45

Hi all,

Some advice needed really. Had an ERPC Weds & by Thurs night all bleeding & pain stopped. Thought I was very lucky - I even made that comment on someone's thread yesterday! Today however the bleeding has started again - not heavy but bright red. Got slight period pains but nothing excruciating. What I would like to know is whether anyone else has experienced the 'stopping and starting' or whether I should go to my GP?

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now