How long did you have off work during/after your MC?

(27 Posts)
MonthlyWishesCameTrue Sun 30-Dec-12 13:02:39

Currently miscarrying and wondered how long you took off work during the miscarriage and afterwards when you were still feeling ill / recovering emotionally / physically?
Have to phone up work tomorrow to let them know and would be good to have a rough idea. I was thinking a week? As still passing clots at the moment.

My job isn't one where I have to worry about being passed over for promotion if they find out I'm ttc / likely to have a baby in the future.

Thanks

mindosa Wed 09-Jan-13 11:37:04

There is no right answer, just what is right for you.

1 day off work but it was at 8 weeks, no medical intervention necessary and I felt the need to get back to normal.

Personally I believe in moving forward but for others that just mightnt be the right move

3sthenew2 Wed 09-Jan-13 20:00:28

I told my line manager today and she was brilliant. I'm keeping a low profile for a couple of days and have asked that she doesn't tell any one else as I don't want this to effect my work with the new mums, although I'm not sure how much support I'll be with my head so full of thoughts.
My sister is also about to have a baby any day so I can't tell my family what's happened as I don't want to cast a shadow over their celebrations. I'm working hard at putting on a brave face. Thanks for your advice Black I'm preparing myself should it hit me what's happened. I've had a much better day today, yesterday was hard.
Ironically, I'm co ordinating a new counselling service in work, think I might be the first client!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now