Recurrent miscarriage testing and beyond.. Part 6.. Over here!

(995 Posts)
orangebowl Fri 28-Dec-12 18:55:56

We have filled up the last thread so here is the next.. Deep breath and grit your teeth for the roller coaster of emotions that continues... Hope tea and butterfly and all find it!

GuppieK Wed 20-Mar-13 13:37:28

Thanks for nice responses to my whinge yesterday. I probably overreacted. Part of me wishes my work colleagues knew but then it's probably good for me to have to deal with it. To be fair, they're pretty good at not asking when I'm going to get round to it and stuff. I hate it when people ask that as though everyone gets the choice about when they do it! Tea, that's interesting - I guess it depends where you work. I used to work with lots of young folk who would have been horrified at the thought of having kids (!) but now I seem to be in a place where at least 80% of the people are late 20s to early 40s and babies are popping up everywhere!

LandsN, what were the bloods for? Is everything okay? I think if they mess it up at all it can really hurt. I had quite a bit of blood taken for my tests last year and the first nurse that did it made my vein swell up and I had a big bruise and pain for a while. The next time I was expecting it to be awful again and it was absolutely fine, even though she took even more blood that time around.

LandsN Wed 20-Mar-13 18:33:33

It was just routing booking bloods but she took 3 bottles full and every time she changed the bottle it hurt and after bled like mad but not sure if that could b to do with the asprin? But my arm hurts all over the inside of my elbow!! ;( I am a whimp anyway lol hope everyone else is ok today xx

Bakingtins Wed 20-Mar-13 18:40:22

Suspect the aspirin is not helping - it inhibits platelets which are your first line of defence for blood clotting so will make you bruise more.
Mind you I had an armful taken today with no aspirin on board and it is pretty sore. First of many (hopefully only 3 sessions - now, day 2-3, and 6 weeks post MC)

LandsN Wed 20-Mar-13 18:45:48

It's amazing how much like a pin cushion u begin to feel I know since my mc in dec and now more bloods for this pg it seems never ending I hate needles too which doesn't help I just have to think its better than being at the dentist lol hope your bloods bring the answers u want bakin xx

Bakingtins Wed 20-Mar-13 18:49:26

I don't know if you have any arnica cream to hand - it's very good for bruising even though I'm usually anti any woo herbal medicine

orangebowl Thu 21-Mar-13 07:41:21

Can't write too much as in rush to get to work Despite pin cushioness I'm pleased everyone is getting their blood tests.

Guppie and tea too. Sorry you are feeling rubbish sad it's so hard with other people having babies. I think I used to just try an detach myself as much as possible (not easy). It still got to me but I didn't want to let friends know so put on a bit I a front.

Baking I'm so pleased about your sympathetic and pro active GP. It makes such a difference.

No news from me. I'm 18 weeks now. Just waiting to feel regular movement- hopefully won't be too long.

Xxx

butterfly86 Thu 21-Mar-13 10:53:30

Hi, sorry I'm not keeping up as regularlt as I do normally I just haven't had a minute this week with wedding plans.

Just wanted to check in really and see if you are all ok, hope all of you that have been having bad days (sorry can't go back on phone to name everyone) are feeling a little better. It's awful when you get them days I'm not too bad because I've got a distraction for the minute but normally I feel like that a lot I'm probably going to come crashing down after the wedding when there's nothing. else to focus on and we ate ttc again. I had my first accupuncure on tuesday I felt really positive afterwards at least I'm doing something that might help. Getting a lot of cm lately though (sorry tmi) I keep having a panic that I've fallen pregnant again it would be typical when I need to fit in to a wedding dress but what will be will. be! Must start using a reliable form of contraception though!

teaandchocolate Fri 22-Mar-13 13:24:41

Hi everyone.
Just a quickie to say hello and sorry for not posting much. Have been having really had headaches. Think they're tension headaches from stress which doesn't bode well. Although I've actually had a reflexology session but still got a bad headache the next day. Has anyone else had it and found it helped? Also bought grapefruit juice as I read it helped with cm!!!
School 18 weeks is just so good!!!
Butterfly do you think you could be pregnant?!
Lands I second arnica as think it definitely works (although I'm probably a bit late now!)
Guppie hope today was better at work and at least its the weekend soon.
Hope everyone's not too snowed in and freezing today!

LandsN Sat 23-Mar-13 20:40:29

Thanks for the advice ladies was not as bad the next day as I thought it would be feeling a bit up and down ATM had quite a few pains not cramps just constant dull ish but it is just above pubic area in the middle think I might get check up scan next week to make sure everything ok 9 weeks is a hard time for me!! Hope u are all well today also myopia been very up and down crying at the slightest thing it's driving me nuts xx

LandsN Sat 23-Mar-13 20:40:54

Oops that's supposed to say my moods lol x

twentythirteen Sun 24-Mar-13 16:27:44

Hello, Just checking in. No news here, very straight forward af but super exhausted from both it and being social early in the week. Have been laying low all weekend. CD7 here, the time is flying past. Starting the usual ovary cramping so will start poas'ing soon. Been looking to find ways to re-focus my life a bit as focussing on all of this has been detrimental to say the least. I've signed up for race for life (to walk it!) and am making plans to walk up snowdon. Looking for things that I can feel proud of, tat inspire or motivate me in some way and that are partly to do with my body but that don't require me to be fitter than I am!

LandsN, when's your scan? How are you feeling? I've realised I cry most days.

LandsN Sun 24-Mar-13 19:09:19

My 12 week scan is 18 April but I am going to call epau tomorrow and see if I can blag another one as I have been feeling so ill just for piece of mind as its now it always goes wrong and I am so convinced it is going to say I had a mmc like before and I am driving myself crazy!! I also have a appointment that day to c the consultant which is a bit later than I had hoped for but better than nothing!!
I don't know if I was just imagining it but I thought I felt a little flutter earlier but I am sure 9+2 is far to early prob just wishful thinking!!
Hope everyone else is ok and twenty that is a amazing thing to do I did debate doing race for life at a walk but was just a bit worried that the low blood pressure might not b a good idea as I get very light headed very quickly xx

twentythirteen Mon 25-Mar-13 14:27:58

Any news from the epu LandsN?

How's everyone today?

LandsN Mon 25-Mar-13 19:07:15

No have not been in touch today my fil was taken into hospital last night so been a bit busy today but am going to give them a call in the morning!! Hope everyone else is ok today x

LandsN Tue 26-Mar-13 10:39:27

Been and had scan this morning and all is good baby has grown rapidly to 22 mm bleed is still there and still the same size got to go back in 10 days for another scan but fingers crossed its looking good this time round xx

orangebowl Tue 26-Mar-13 12:40:08

That's great news Lands! So how many weeks did baby measure? X

LandsN Tue 26-Mar-13 13:09:15

Thank you exactly 9 weeks! Only 3 days out from my dates!! Have started bleeding again this afternoon but its brown this time spoke to epau and they said it is probably just the bleed from outside as everything on scan this morning was attached and looking good just can't help but worry x

twentythirteen Tue 26-Mar-13 14:41:24

Fx LandsN, I know you still worry, I would, but that's a good scan!

teaandchocolate Tue 26-Mar-13 15:29:55

Hi everyone!!

Lands that's fab news about the scan. Well done you are getting there! I know you will still stress especially with the bleeding but I'm crossing everything for you.

Twenty I'm very impressed with the exercising. I've been so rubbish lately and feel quite fat - also going on holiday soon so should probably do something about it!! Hoping if the weather ever improves I'll start going for walks again. Have you started poasing? I did yesterday as am CD13 today although dont expect to ovulate until next week (if at all!).

I am trying to stay calm but have had a rubbish few weeks really - the week of AF I was just really sad and then have had headaches nearly every day since. Have had a massage & acupuncture and having reflexology too now so can't really do anymore but find it hard to relax when I feel under such a time pressure to have a baby! Totally my own fault and completely messes up my hormones but seems to be a vicious cycle.

Is anyone on any of the conception boards? Can't decide whether to join one to obsess over my cycle and cm/ovulation or lack of... Although I'm sure I don't get excited like 'normal' people when I get pregnant!

LandsN Tue 26-Mar-13 19:24:23

Haha tea don't think any of us will ever be normal pregnant people we all been through far too much I said to midwife at epau today I feel like a lunatic and she laughed and said its normal in my situation! Made me feel better!! Thanks for fx everyone I am trying to keep positive and just rest as much as I can I find it hard to see past the next few weeks but I suppose I will when I get there I got this far x

twentythirteen Tue 26-Mar-13 21:11:56

Argh, I started to write earlier but was talking to OH at the same time and I closed the computer, I can be so dim sometimes!

Tea, I'm sorry you're having a hard time. How long has it been now since your last mc? I mark mine by af's and 4 have passed. I can't believe it's 2013, nearly april, the year is rushing past again. I hate that. It sounds like you're doing some really good things. As for my ideas, I will be walking, that's all, no running, probably won't even get much of a heart beat going - well perhaps a little breathless on snowdon but I can go as slow as I need to. I just need to have done something other than try to get pregnant and wait to mc this year. I need to be able to look back and say I did some other things. Crying every day needs to be balanced out with some achievement somewhere. We've also just booked a lovely cottage for a June holiday.

I have started poas'ing, just today! Cd 9. The earliest I've had a pos opk was cd 10 and that was a cycle we got pg on. It caught me off guard, I'd literally got up that morning and said to oh that he could rest up that day re ttc as he'd been ill, I then went to the loo and came back saying "nope, sorry, back to bed!" so I keep an eye on this earlier now!

Sounds like you had a very understanding mw LandsN, here brew.

I'm not on any other conception threads Tea, I prefer not to watch first timers have a problem free breezy time of it while the ones who've mc'd explain their situations, too complex. Maybe once I'm 4 months pg with some super child able to go the distance! What about you?

twentythirteen Tue 26-Mar-13 21:16:54

Sorry, for more me me me blush but ALSO I've been having odd ovary twinges this month. Normally it's like a dull cramping that eases up and then down over a couple of weeks. This feels more like occassional pinpricks either side. I don't know whether to feel hopeful that maybe it's a healthier cycle or worried that it's the start of menopause!

orangebowl Tue 26-Mar-13 21:38:29

Hi everyone. Lands that's great great news! 9 weeks- Yey!

Sorry everyone else not having a great time of it sad

Just popping in to say I have my 20 week scan (bit at 19 weeks) tomorrow. So hoping everything ok. Will let you know tomorrow. Xx

butterfly86 Tue 26-Mar-13 22:25:07

Hi everyone! Lands that is fab news so pleased for you smile

Tea and twenty sorry you are both having a rubbish time sad Hope you both ov soon! It feels weird to not be joining in I feel a bit out of it all on here at the min with not ttc but I want to hang around if that's ok, I'm feeling better with having another focus but still have bad days and sil's baby is due in about 6 weeks and that's bound to stir things up and I need you lot!

School enjoy your scan tomorrow smile you are almost half way that is fantastic! Update us tomorrow x

teaandchocolate Tue 26-Mar-13 22:40:46

Thanks everyone. I'm doing much better now than just before AF but I do feel sad most days and having (or not having) a baby seems to be the last thing I think about at night & the first thing I think about in the morning. I even dreamt about ewcm last night!! I mean that cannot be normal!!!

Twenty my last mc was last July so aaaages ago. We stopped ttc after that due to waiting to have tests and then waiting for results but I kind of regret that now as I just assumed I'd get pregnant first cycle as I always have before but now don't seem to be having normal cycles. I also can't believe its nearly April and keep getting totally panicked about the fact that its nearly a year since the last mc and therefore also nearly DDs birthday. It's the time frame issues that's stressing me the most!! I still cannot accept that things have not worked out for me and I think until I do I'm just going to be in a constant state of anxiety.

I'm not sure I can face the normal conception boards either but wondered about the ones for long term ttc-ers as I'm also having issues with my pcos and hormone levels - as cycles are super long and I'm not sure I'm ovulating. I know that rmc is a bit shocking and upsetting for people though.

School lots of luck for tomorrow. Definitely let us know how you get on. You should be able to relax and enjoy your pregnancy if its all ok.

Butterfly you must hang around!! I stayed here for the whole 6 month period when I wasn't actively ttc as I was still obsessing about mc!!

Lands I'm glad the epu are supporting and reassuring you now. It's good to be in the system and have hcp that you can pester refer to wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now