Infection - how can you be sure?

(10 Posts)
TheAccidentalExhibitionist Thu 27-Dec-12 08:36:54

I think it's more likely that they would keep an eye on you in the EPU and support you if it's your choice to not have a second ERPC. When this happened to me and I was given pessaries to help my womb expel the remainder.

I think it would be a good idea to get yourself checked out.

BoyMeetsWorld Wed 26-Dec-12 20:32:36

If I'm honest (& I know it's stupid) I'm putting off going to EPU as there is no way no how I want a second ERPC in such a short space of time and DH is terrified about my fertility. Would it be so terrible if I just take the antibiotics & wait to see if anything else passes naturally?

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Wed 26-Dec-12 19:51:36

Can you go to the EPC for a scan?

butterfly86 Wed 26-Dec-12 16:52:24

Boymeetsworld sorry for your loss, i didn't have an infection after my erpc's but both times had those cervix pains you describe, i think it's your cervix closing back down it is uncomfortable and i had it for a few weeks after, sometimes if i sat down too hard it would feel like someone was sticking a knife up there! I think you do right taking the ab i was given them up my bottom during surgery then more to take before i went home just as a precaution. If you are in any doubt ring the ward, they can advise you as if it is infection or incomplete you need it sorted. Sooner rather than later.
Take care

BoyMeetsWorld Wed 26-Dec-12 16:04:33

Not good.... I avoided the ABs for Christmas day so could drink (they are metrawossit - the ones that react v badly). Today got strange cervix pains & still red bleeding. Started taking the ABs but beginning to be worried the ERPC was incomplete ...

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Wed 26-Dec-12 09:49:59

How are you feeling now BoyMeetsWorld?

AlreadyScone Mon 24-Dec-12 22:10:32

Yes please take the ABs with those symptoms. There are only a few ABs that react very badly with booze (Metronidazole being the worst offender) so check whether yours is one such.

A check for womb infection is to press onto your belly over your womb & let go, if you feel extra pain on the "ping-back" that's a good indicator.

I only have my own experience to qualify me, FWIW.

Soaking in the bath is not a good idea either in case your cervix is still a little more open than usual.

So sorry that this is happening to you & for your loss. Have a peaceful & healing Christmas x

MrsJohnDeere Mon 24-Dec-12 22:00:16

Sorry you are going through this sad

I would take the ABs. It sounds like an infection. I got one after mine and felt much, much better after the Abs kicked in (and they could be taken with alcohol )

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Mon 24-Dec-12 18:59:29

It sounds like an infection, I've been in the same situation with an infection post ERPC. I'd start taking the antibiotics if I was you. It doesn't necessarily mean you can't have a drink though, it depends which ABx they've given you.
Sorry this has happened, and at Christmas, its rotten for you.

BoyMeetsWorld Mon 24-Dec-12 18:43:36

So I had my ERPC on Fri. Could have been worse but certainly not a pleasant experience. Now just trying to fully recover emotionally, but I'm a bit concerned.

Sorry if TMI - I've had very yellow mucusy discharge since the bleeding stopped. It smells a bit odd & iv got sharp pains in the cervix area. No temperature or anything. Is this an infection?

I've got 'precautionary
Antibiotics but don't want to take them unless sure - after all this id like to be able to just enjoy Christmas with some bevvies, not T-total & feeling sick from antibiotics!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now