When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

Last Minute London - Saturday 8 February

(130 Posts)

NearTheWindmill and I are desparate for copious amounts of booze No, not quite the tone I was going for

My God I need a drink, anyone want to join me? Too boozy, try again

NearTheWindmill, in all her infinite wisdom, has come up with the brilliant idea of a meet-up in the very near future Bit poncy

Windy and I really, really, really need a few good drinks with a few great women. Possibly some nice food as well.

Got it!

Anyone else in? All are welcome, obv.

HepsibarCrinkletoes Fri 31-Jan-14 14:37:48

Awesome. DD is actually on a sleepover that night, how very handy grin

Excellent!

NymodigFruOla Fri 31-Jan-14 15:26:45

Oooh. Where? When? Thanks for the PM Hearts. Looking forward to a PM re venue, time etc!

(It's possible we might have to be somewhere else, but I'm not sure it's happening anyway.)

And then there were four! Brilliant.

I dunno yet about venue, somewhere with yummy food and wine, easy to get to from all corners of London, where they won't mind a bunch of loud women hogging a table all night.

Waterloo-ish maybe? We will put on our collective thinking caps and figure something out!

NymodigFruOla Fri 31-Jan-14 15:52:46

PMd you re a possible restaurant!

KatharineHepburnsTrousers Fri 31-Jan-14 17:54:20

I'm in!

KatharineHepburnsTrousers Fri 31-Jan-14 17:55:08

Hearts it's ME (check your inbox grin)

grin

Lovely thread title, so dignified, I really feel it sets the tone.

I think I'm in, but must check with my husband (yeah, yeah ...).

(Oh, and thanks for the PM. I am transparently posting this to make clear I was invited, because I feel my alacrity in signing up to the booze-fest might otherwise mislead.)

Katharine, you saucy minx. Mwah mwah mwah <air kisses>

Yes but regarding the PMs no one should feel anything or otherwise about not receiving a PM, I mean it's not like it's a closed invitation list. Everyone is welcome!

LRD we will discuss erudite topics with pithy comments, but mostly I will sit there just listening because you are quite frankly quite fascinating quite a lot of the time especially on those new oral sex Cunning Linguist threads grin

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean that, I was just kidding. blush

I'm well erudite when I am tipsy, ohyes.

Erm ... grin

FruOla
Hearts
Hepsibar
Katharine
LRD
NearTheWindmill

A gorgeous little group!

<whispers> I do admit to sending PM's to people I've met & enjoyed before to drum up interest <scurries away>

LCHammer Fri 31-Jan-14 18:39:45

Is this a lunchtime or evening thing?

BellaVita Fri 31-Jan-14 18:42:28

I would love to come, bit short notice for me though my roots need a lot of touching up I am booked into the hairdressers at 11am that day. I will be at the next big London meet though.

Hearts, it was you with your spreadsheet list of names wasn't it? grin bloody well loved that!

Helpyourself Fri 31-Jan-14 18:48:29

Yes please! Is quint still studying? She doesn't know me from Adam- can you point her in this direction windmill?

LCHammer Fri 31-Jan-14 18:56:01

So, daytime or evening? Daytime into evening? (I don't think I have the energy for that!)

BIWI Fri 31-Jan-14 18:57:01

Oh bugger! I'd love to, but we're going out to dinner with some friends that evening.

Have a large one for me grin

CrispyHedgeHog Fri 31-Jan-14 18:58:27

ooh I MIGHT actually make this one grin

RatherBeOnThePiste Fri 31-Jan-14 18:58:28

Oooooooooooooo

wine you say?

Bella it was indeed! I know what a geek I am. I'm an accountant by training so I love a good spreadsheet grin

BellaVita Fri 31-Jan-14 19:01:20

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now