When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

Brighton - Sat 6 July lunch

(85 Posts)
MABS Thu 27-Jun-13 18:01:04

Hi girls - that's it really, am going to be free in Brighton Sat 6 July , anyone fancy lunch and drinks? Sadly only date I can really do...

MABS Thu 15-Aug-13 14:49:59

just started thread, Sat 7th Sept Brighton lunch, you around? xx

MABS Thu 15-Aug-13 14:48:21

just posted new thread, Sat 7th Sept lunch xx

MABS Fri 12-Jul-13 09:09:59

how you doing Hels? x

MOSagain Sun 07-Jul-13 22:27:24

Sometimes realisation suddenly dawns when you are away from home and it makes you understand what you want and need to do. Happened to me about 6 weeks ago when I 'escaped' from my unhappy home life and had 10 amazing days in south America. (((Hugs)))

melodyangel Sun 07-Jul-13 22:07:43

Sorry I couldn't come to this one maybe next time? Would be lovely to put some faces to nicknames.

MrsHelsBels - Thinking of you.

SunshineBossaNova Sun 07-Jul-13 20:15:51

Hels flowers

It won't stop me coming to meet ups don't worry, but it annoyed me that he thinks all this has come from one meet up.

Oh Hels <<hugs>> Please don't let that stop you from coming or seeing any of us outside of the more official meet ups either.

StickEmUp Sun 07-Jul-13 15:57:12

Sorry to hear sad flowers

I have a feeling Tom won't be too happy about me going on further MN meet ups for a bit though hmm

As I was walking home from the bus stop I just started crying as I just didn't want to go home to the mess that is our marriage at the moment. Ended up telling him exactly how I felt, but according to him it's all because I went out yesterday, not because I've been unhappy for months.

SunshineBossaNova Sun 07-Jul-13 12:25:57

Thanks for inviting me, I had a great time smile

MABS Sun 07-Jul-13 08:58:38

lovely afternoon thanks girls x

I was in bed but now DS2 has decided it's time to get up.

SunshineBossaNova Sat 06-Jul-13 22:13:28

Not in bed, but at home in pj bottoms. Mostly sober smile

StickEmUp Sat 06-Jul-13 21:55:44

I hope everyone is in bed now grin

MABS Sat 06-Jul-13 10:39:23

I going out now, so if someone could keep an eye on the thread re numbers i'd appreciate it xx

MABS Sat 06-Jul-13 08:58:40

so sorry Helish x

Helish Fri 05-Jul-13 21:34:45

Sorry chaps, I've had one of those weeks and I'm not going to make it tomorrow. Will make it for the next one though. Enjoy x

MABS Fri 05-Jul-13 08:27:30

great Mos xx

MOSagain Fri 05-Jul-13 07:54:20

looking forward to it, need to squeeze in a bit of shopping first so hopefully will be there on time x

sad We'll organise another one soon! I'm happy to meet on a Weds afternoon through summer as I work until 1 in Lewes, I could potentially meet in Lewes with my charge on a Weds but tbh, getting R out of the house can be a nightmare hmm Toddlers and their refusal to wear clothes!

I can do a Wednesday SES if that's any good although DS2 has the pox at the moment so it will have to wait until that's passed.

MABS Thu 04-Jul-13 09:44:56

awww ses sad you will be missed xx

SESthebrave Thu 04-Jul-13 09:06:57

I'm sorry & disappointed that it's just not going to work for me this Saturday after all. My cousin works at Children's Trust and it's their summer fair & fun day which I long ago promised I'd support and promised DS we'd go to. I'd forgotten it was this weekend sad

That's 2 in a row I've missed now so I've told DH that whenever the next one is, I'm there!

In the meantime, is anyone interested in meeting up (with the option of with children) on a Wednesday during the summer? Sorry to selfishly specify a Wednesday but it's my only day off work!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now