When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

I need some friends *sobs*. Are you in Nottingham?

(87 Posts)
LadyMaryQuiteContrary Thu 02-May-13 14:27:58
ladyMaryQuiteContrary Sat 01-Jun-13 18:34:40

Anyone else want to join us on Tuesday? brew?

MiaowTheCat Sat 01-Jun-13 19:57:31

If I can get DH to work somewhere he doesn't need the car to get to on Tuesday then I might be able to make it (but I'm crap at wrangling my pair - a not quite as mobile as she wants to be 14 month old and an 11 week old who pukes and screams a lot). Hence me not quite being up to the walk down to the bus stop, bus into town, finding the bus stop out of town when I don't know the city centre brilliantly well experience!

ladyMaryQuiteContrary Sat 01-Jun-13 20:01:13

smile It would be lovely if you could make it, not the end of the world if you can't as there will be others. My ds will be at school and there will be a few without children if you need some help. The bus to Ikea from the city centre is very easy to find. I think there's details on page 2 (or 3). I'm going on the bus.

MiaowTheCat Sat 01-Jun-13 20:50:48

Yeah - it's the having to get into the city centre probably during rush hour with a large overladen Phil and Teds putting me off the buses really - haven't braved public transport with the double yet!

Short of getting DH to drop me off on his way to work - but I don't think even I can kill two hours in Ikea on my own!

Theas18 Sat 01-Jun-13 20:57:46

aww peach I'm sure you'll find some lovely mumsnetters.

I shall wave to you all as I'm going to have lunch in Nottingham with my eldest tomorrow prior to her singing in the Albert hall ( Nottingham lol) for a lunchtime coronation celebration concert.

evening at st Mary's too. a fab packed day for me

ladyMaryQuiteContrary Sat 01-Jun-13 21:06:00

We're there from 10am onwards so you can easily avoid rush hour. smile Don't feel obliged to come, we get it.

Have a lovely time, Theas. smile You know the meet up is on Tuesday, yes?

MiaowTheCat Sun 02-Jun-13 14:58:35

I have a cunning plan - think if I try to get a bus into the city centre early I can wait for a few to go by and have a big enough pushchair space on 'em - then DH has said he'll duck out of work to take me and the girls home so I don't have to do the stupid evil hill of doom (why the fuck did we move here?!) on the way back.

So if anyone sees a very fat bird with a chronically overladen P+T, probably with a screaming puking refluxy bay and the world's largest 1 year old in it - that'll be me.

ladyMaryQuiteContrary Sun 02-Jun-13 15:27:47

grin I'll keep a look out for you and I'll happily give you a hand if you're on the same bus as me. I have to drop ds off at school so should get to the bus stop around 09:05. It's the one just opposite starbucks (Theatre Royal is across the road). It's the Rainbow 1 bus. There will be toys and free coffee (if you have a family card, which is free). There's a soft play area inside the cafe and the lovely lady is setting up an area for us with cushions etc so we can veg out.

Hi all.

I may come but I won't have children (all school age).

I will therefore be on my own and might be a bit scared and might walk past and buy lots of billy bookcases instead...

ladyMaryQuiteContrary Mon 03-Jun-13 23:44:07

I won't have children either, mine's at school. You're very welcome, whether you come alone or not. smile The meatballs are tastier than the billy bookcases though wink

butterflyexperience Sun 09-Jun-13 06:24:25

I think I've missed this meet up but if your organising another please do let me know!

Arion Tue 11-Jun-13 10:54:48

Thanks for organising Lady Mary (and the Quad meet-up). Had a brilliant time, was good to meet everyone.

Looking forward to next month, and the product testing! Might leave my credit card at home next time though! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now